Limelight Forums

Full Version: Server Restarts notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Eddie

Explain your suggestion, in detail: Make it so that when the server restart notices start appearing it also gets sent to the Discord OOC-RELAY or another channel in the Discord Server. This would allow users to just take a peak at the Discord to see if there is any point in joining if there is a server restart happening in 20 minutes.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Would make it easier on members of this community to see if and when a server restart is scheduled without having to join the game and see.
+ Support

Makes sense to add that functionality for the people that pay attention to the discord so why not?
Because when the server population is 5 players at around 11pm on a weekday people say, "You know what. I feel like playing some LimeLight now."
(Jun 3, 2019, 11:17 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]Because when the server population is 5 players at around 11pm on a weekday people say, "You know what. I feel like playing some LimeLight now."

Sometimes staff restart when something is particularly fucky, and don't always mention. Might be good to do so incase the staff member decides to restart without saying anything in OOC.
(Jun 4, 2019, 06:07 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 3, 2019, 11:17 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]Because when the server population is 5 players at around 11pm on a weekday people say, "You know what. I feel like playing some LimeLight now."

Sometimes staff restart when something is particularly fucky, and don't always mention. Might be good to do so incase the staff member decides to restart without saying anything in OOC.

But that doesn't happen. Restarts are rarely done by staff and even when they are they are advertised. It also takes about 1-4 minutes for a restart. It isn't going to kill you to wait if you get caught during loading.

Eddie

(Jun 4, 2019, 08:44 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 4, 2019, 06:07 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]

But that doesn't happen. Restarts are rarely done by staff and even when they are they are advertised. It also takes about 1-4 minutes for a restart. It isn't going to kill you to wait if you get caught during loading.

I was on the server last week and the server restarted during the day time. There is no point in joining the server if it is going to restart in 5/10 minutes. Putting some sought of notice in the Discord server will allow members to check the Discord to see if there is any point in joining at that specific time.
+Support
Poll options edited as it was breaking bot.
(May 28, 2019, 10:58 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
+ Support

Makes sense to add that functionality for the people that pay attention to the discord so why not?
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]

Guv

+support
+Support
Approved.
Whoop I did this and forgot to mark it as done!