Limelight Forums

Full Version: Money (Itemized)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Create an itemized version of money that can be placed into your inventory on a 1:1 scale
  • Item weight: 0
  • Item value: $1 per item (Necessary for accounting for Inventory Value)

Able to convert cash to inventory item via /convert <amount> (?)
Able to sell the item back to the marketplace to re-convert item to liquid cash.

Reason:
Enable wire transfers via Inventory Manager // Critical for enabling transactions with individuals in different timezones, thus giving more flexibility to individuals/clans that operate within the forum marketplace.
or just add wire transfer from the ucp or somethin 

or some command like /wiretransfer where u transfer money to some lardass, when he hops on the server he gets a pop up on his screen saying "so and so wire transfered ur ass 500k"
(Mar 26, 2019, 08:13 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]or just add wire transfer from the ucp or somethin 

or some command like /wiretransfer where u transfer money to some lardass, when he hops on the server he gets a pop up on his screen saying "so and so wire transfered ur ass 500k"

Already an approved suggestion
+support

would help save moneys
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...light=wire

Money wire is already approved, what other uses would this have?
To my best knowledge it sounds like it’d be easier to develop since item logging is already in place and other item-related systems
(Mar 26, 2019, 06:00 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]To my best knowledge it sounds like it’d be easier to develop since item logging is already in place and other item-related systems

I mean, they could very easily recycle a good chunk of /givemoney, surely?
You’re not understanding that the premise of this suggestion is to have a way to wire money off of the server.

Surely you understand that you cannot utilize any form of /givemoney when you aren’t even online.

They already developed the Inventory Manager that enables you to do this, while ensuring that safeties are in place to prevent abuse. With my suggestion, you’re not able to bypass bans to send money to a friend or alternate account since to fulfill the transaction you would need to login at least once after sending the item(s)
Yes but why allow it? Any risky deal will have zero RP to it now, because "Ok you send the money over UCP where cops can't trace it unlike in the money wire system, and I'll send the (insert illegal item you can keep in your inventory here)"
(Mar 26, 2019, 07:13 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but why allow it? Any risky deal will have zero RP to it now, because "Ok you send the money over UCP where cops can't trace it unlike in the money wire system, and I'll send the (insert illegal item you can keep in your inventory here)"

no on roleplays like that tf u mean
Is this more like a cash-in-hand and bank account sort of suggestion?
I'd argue this opens up the opportunity for more potential abuse and exploits compared to the already approved wire-transfer system. I don't think the suggestion will add anything at all if the wire-transfer system is added, so I can't really support it. I'm guessing this suggestion is more meant as a quicker "workaround" of sorts till an actual system is added? If so, i'd rather have the correct and more convenient system added than this.

-support
(Mar 26, 2019, 11:20 PM)Pollux Wrote: [ -> ]I'd argue this opens up the opportunity for more potential abuse and exploits compared to the already approved wire-transfer system. I don't think the suggestion will add anything at all if the wire-transfer system is added, so I can't really support it. I'm guessing this suggestion is more meant as a quicker "workaround" of sorts till an actual system is added? If so, i'd rather have the correct and more convenient system added than this.

-support
(Mar 27, 2019, 09:51 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2019, 11:20 PM)Pollux Wrote: [ -> ]I'd argue this opens up the opportunity for more potential abuse and exploits compared to the already approved wire-transfer system. I don't think the suggestion will add anything at all if the wire-transfer system is added, so I can't really support it. I'm guessing this suggestion is more meant as a quicker "workaround" of sorts till an actual system is added? If so, i'd rather have the correct and more convenient system added than this.

-support
Doubt it opens anything up to abuse/exploits as it doesn’t have to be a physical item that can be dropped and if anything it seems like it can consolidate it with pre-existing systems making it faster/easier to develop recently approved suggestions such as the clan banking system that might allow you to deposit/withdraw money/items from a clan inventory //

But I am not a developer and don't know anything surrounding the process of creating these new systems and all I can go off of is the fact that wiring money has been an idea since CityRP came around 10 years ago and it hasn't been put into the game mode yet - and this applies across the board with many different suggestions. Sometimes, you have to go and take a look at how you can achieve the intended function with minimal work and whichever is most efficient

I believe the objective of some of the developers in the past has been to clean up CityRP code and remove unnecessary code and the idea of creating a separate system to manage:
  • UCP features to access money and wire it
  • Included protections to prevent banned users from wiring money 
  • Capabilities of wiring money in-game ( Commands, Functions, Unnecessary LUA, tapping into the database of (2) players [Individual A - Sending // Individual B - Receiving] )

Seems like an awful lot more work than just making a new item and creating a Marketplace Section that has bundles of them available to be purchased;
(e.g. Virtual Currency - real cost stipulating a 5% fee in this example to resemble bank fees IRL)
  • $1,000 - Cost: $1,050
  • $10,000 - Cost: $10,500
  • $100,000 - Cost: 105,000
  • $1,000,000 - Cost: $1,050,000
Pages: 1 2