Limelight Forums

Full Version: GTA:V Accessories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title:
GTA:V Accessories

Description:
Add the accessories from Grand Theft Auto V to the server to be worn by players
under the "Clothing Accessories" category.

[GTA V] Giant Accessories Pack

Why?:
It would add a big opportunity for players to become unique as well as
emphasize their style and their character's role on the server.

This would serve as a baseline for the already approved character customization
+Support
The main issue with this is that it's a bit different from how the current "clothing accessories" stuff works. The current things are all just bodygroups for models, so they can easily be applied with pretty much a single line of code. Things in this pack are all props, which then makes the entire thing a lot more difficult. The props would have to be accurately placed onto each individual model and then a system would need to make sure the prop is constantly updated to a certain part of the player. While it may sound easy doing this in a manner which isn't performance hungry, is relatively stable and actually looks like you're wearing it and is a lot more effort than it sounds. This is likely why it's not implemented yet.
(Mar 15, 2019, 04:07 AM)Pollux Wrote: [ -> ]The main issue with this is that it's a bit different from how the current "clothing accessories" stuff works. The current things are all just bodygroups for models, so they can easily be applied with pretty much a single line of code. Things in this pack are all props, which then makes the entire thing a lot more difficult. The props would have to be accurately placed onto each individual model and then a system would need to make sure the prop is constantly updated to a certain part of the player. While it may sound easy doing this in a manner which isn't performance hungry, is relatively stable and actually looks like you're wearing it and is a lot more effort than it sounds. This is likely why it's not implemented yet.

I get what you're saying for most reasons, but for the performance part I should mention that our servers are really fucking powerful.

Gotcha, though.
isn't this basically just a copy ofyour old thread but with a  link?

I mean either way I am down for it but as long as we don't use a addon like Pac3 for it.
This is pretty much already accepted in a prior suggestion.
+support
+Support yes pls
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
done yes