Limelight Forums

Full Version: Large Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Large Toolbox - heals 50% of car health 

Reason:
I’m tired of buying single toolkits when there isn’t a mechanic on // repetitive and pointless
Make it have to be purchased from a Mechanic if the slot is filled and you got my +Support
(Feb 28, 2019, 10:49 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Make it have to be purchased from a Mechanic if the slot is filled and you got my +Support

If you're interacting with a mechanic to buy a toolbox he might as well just fix the car /:

+Support for the OP
(Feb 28, 2019, 10:58 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2019, 10:49 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Make it have to be purchased from a Mechanic if the slot is filled and you got my +Support

If you're interacting with a mechanic to buy a toolbox he might as well just fix the car /:

+Support for the OP

What if you want to buy them to repair your car at a time where there isnt a mechanic?
(Feb 28, 2019, 11:01 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support for the OP

What if you want to buy them to repair your car at a time where there isnt a mechanic?

Then it’ll be available in the marketplace
People will just self supply large tool boxes, or buy them in bulk, mechanic RP will basically be gone as far as I can tell from this suggestion?

+Support for the OP

And then buy some toolboxes at maybe even a lower price from the Mechanic when he’s not on. I don’t think people IRL go to mechanics soley when their car is destroyed and need them to do it. They also go to buy headlights, coolant, etc.  :/
(Mar 1, 2019, 02:10 AM)Oneshott Wrote: [ -> ]People will just self supply large tool boxes, or buy them in bulk, mechanic RP will basically be gone as far as I can tell from this suggestion?

Here's a wild thought that is implied - make it more expensive than buying (5) toolboxes.
e.g. $7,500

On a server where hitting a tree completely destroys your car, it's a bit tedious to continually be buying individual toolboxes. If you're making the argument that someone would stockpile them in their inventory, you need to understand that they can do that with normal toolboxes as well.

How to ensure this is balanced? Item size. It's there for a reason. Make it equal to or greater than the item size of (5) individual tool-boxes.

MechanicRP should not be forced and especially not on such a large map and with mechanics that generally don't know where they are or what they're doing. What happens if you wreck your car up in the hill? Are you actually going to call someone to come out? Let's be realistic here. I'd support you if the mechanic role had more depth to it than repainting and quick repairs, but it doesn't.
(Mar 1, 2019, 02:10 AM)Oneshott Wrote: [ -> ]People will just self supply large tool boxes, or buy them in bulk, mechanic RP will basically be gone as far as I can tell from this suggestion?

-support
-Support

That already happens...
+Support

Mechanics never respond
(Mar 1, 2019, 04:10 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

That already happens...

Could easily put a limit on it preventing it from going over 50 if you are THAT worried about it.
(Mar 1, 2019, 11:02 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 1, 2019, 04:10 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

That already happens...

Could easily put a limit on it preventing it from going over 50 if you are THAT worried about it.

Item size works just fine //
Logic of their argument is flawed. Let’s remove the ability to store large amounts of ammo/food on the premise that it takes away from RP
+support fuck mechanicrp im tryna fix my car and bounce
Pages: 1 2