Limelight Forums

Full Version: Lose weapons on arrest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion:
Lose weapons after being <arrested>

Reason:
Makes engaging in criminal behaviors risky as you will no longer get to keep your weapons simply by being restrained. Necessary cash sink
As much as i do like this, at the current time, wouldnt this kind of encourage never being taken alive at all costs?

I get why this is needed, but at the same time if a player had a choice between loosing all their gear and death, or loosing all their gear and being locked up for 15 minutes to do jack all in a cell alone with no one to RP with 90% of the time.

Most people would just choose death at all costs to the point where criminal friendlies would just shoot and kill downed friendlies to prevent capture and to prevent wasted time.

In a choice between death, and wasted time for the sake of wasting time, most players would just choose death to be done with it.

Neutral
-Support

A lot of the time guns are legal so people would lose their weapons unjustly. People would also rather lose their weapons through death to continue playing, rather than losing their weapons and waiting up to 15 minutes to play again (getting arrested)
(Feb 28, 2019, 10:21 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

A lot of the time guns are legal so people would lose their weapons unjustly. 

To be fair, if they are committing a crime and are armed, legal weapons or not, a crime was committed and thus their property is forfeit.
+Support

Tried this awhile ago and got the “This will cause more shootouts” argument.

You can also argue that losing your shit sucks, so we’d see less people breaking laws in front of cops. If this was implemented, cops would be an even BIGGER threat to criminals.

It can be argued both sides and I see nothing wrong with this as it will also increase Gun Dealer activity and like you said, a money sink.
Additional idea: Add an evidence room in the PD, where officers can return an item which has been confiscated since the person was last online. This way unjust arrests for CC when it’s legal don’t cost a player a weapon.
(Mar 1, 2019, 01:32 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Additional idea: Add an evidence room in the PD, where officers can return an item which has been confiscated since the person was last online. This way unjust arrests for CC when it’s legal don’t cost a player a weapon.

Additional Idea to the additional idea: EXPAND THE GOD DAMN EVIDENCE SYSTEM!

That system had so much potential and it was all wasted by inaction.

Who can honestly say that they have used the evidence system to truly solve any kind of crime mystery?
I am not sure what you mean by weapons exactly.
Do you mean every single weapon in my inventory?

If so, -Support

This is not DayZ. The biggest reason I play on Limelight is that even if I lose a fight, I'll still be able to recover. If I lost every single weapon I've bought since 2015 August 1, I would probably be fucked.

+Support
(Mar 1, 2019, 03:26 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure what you mean by weapons exactly.

If so, -Support

This is not DayZ. The biggest reason I play on Limelight is that even if I lose a fight, I'll still be able to recover. If I lost every single weapon I've bought since 2015 August 1, I would probably be fucked.

Weapons they have equipped on them when they're arrested.
(Mar 1, 2019, 03:49 PM)Pollux Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 1, 2019, 03:26 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure what you mean by weapons exactly.

If so, -Support

Weapons they have equipped on them when they're arrested.

Oh. Doesn't that happen already?

Heck yea, +Support
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
Working on this change
This change has been made and is already live