Limelight Forums

Full Version: unban 4 monies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(Feb 27, 2019, 06:01 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a joke right

Yes Nudel, and a lot of people are missing it
https://youtu.be/-5WcDfKndxU
Let's also apply this https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=738 addon to places like UBR's and UBL's and Changelogs and Roadmaps and memberships and charge double than usual for SR's.

/s

I don't want to make the server a place where people with rich parents can run around without care just because they can pay their way out even if it stays on their record.

People already have the mindset that they'll need to be unbanned because they paid.
because john doe's 7th 24hr ban is going to teach him a lesson!

+support, better incentive for spending money than cool, ultra elite clothing
(Feb 27, 2019, 07:17 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 27, 2019, 06:01 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a joke right

Yes Nudel, and a lot of people are missing it

I mean, it is in discussions and not offtopic.
(Feb 27, 2019, 10:55 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to make the server a place where people with rich parents can run around without care just because they can pay their way out even if it stays on their record.

As mentioned in the OP it’s a optional feature meaning the staff member can use their discretion on whether or not to enable it // so if a staff member places a ban on someone and doesn’t set a variable for cost it obviously wouldn’t enable them to expedite their ban.
Again, I will add this:

- xXBagelBoi6969Xx gets his 10th and final ban for RDM and is "Permed"
- Staff member thinks that he isn't learning and puts a $60 paywall on it to get unbanned (If a UBR doesn't work or they're lazy)
- xXBagelBoi6969Xx pays $60, does the same thing
- Staff member bans them again and has 2 choices:
  1. Increase amount like last time
  2. Don't use a paywall

1. If BagelBoi wants to waste more money, fuck it. It goes to the community and hopefully, he learned his lesson.
2. Just keeps him off the server and has to wait to see if he can make a good case in a UBR

Even if this is a joke, it doesn't sound like a bad idea, especially since it would be an 

O P T I O N A L  A D D O N
nobodys forcing anybody to pay. 

if little 12 year old jim wants to use moms credit card to get unbanned on a gmod server fucking let him lmao.
or go fuck around on fearless 
admins would be supporting this if they got a commission per ban that gets paid off

Eddie

(Feb 28, 2019, 12:59 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]nobodys forcing anybody to pay. 

if little 12 year old jim wants to use moms credit card to get unbanned on a gmod server fucking let him lmao.
admins would be supporting this if they got a commission per ban that gets paid off

Would this not persuade the Moderation Team to just ban people for every rule breakage they can think of? What is to stop the Moderation Team Abusing it?
(Feb 28, 2019, 01:02 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]

Would this not persuade the Moderation Team to just ban people for every rule breakage they can think of? What is to stop the Moderation Team Abusing it?

staff abuse report

Eddie

(Feb 28, 2019, 01:03 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2019, 01:02 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]

staff abuse report

Sorry, let me rephrase. What would stop the Moderation Team from handing out bans instead of other punishments like warnings and blacklists?
(Feb 28, 2019, 01:07 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2019, 01:03 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2019, 01:02 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Would this not persuade the Moderation Team to just ban people for every rule breakage they can think of? What is to stop the Moderation Team Abusing it?

staff abuse report

Sorry, let me rephrase. What would stop the Moderation Team from handing out bans instead of other punishments like warnings and blacklists?

Human Resources. Although punishments are at the discretion of staff, there is such a thing as “within reason.”
I mean honestly it could be made into an interesting process that gives more money to the server there's really no reason not to do it, like what soviet said already it could be optional and even then they'll just get banned again. It's like getting paid 60 dollars to type /ban preditor 0 

At least that's my two cents.

While we're at it I also think that we should give veterans a retirement fund Smile
Anyone who is like "wow this is immoral and I would quit limelight" don't be so closed minded. If anyone hasn't noticed, this game and server are both slowly dying. This game was published in 2004, this game is FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. It's starting to show, and numbers are slowly decreasing. 

What kind of annoys me about this community is that everyone is very closed minded and offended by anything "Business" related, people are like "well we're just a community" well it's going to be a dead community in the next five years if you keep this up. Everyone is so complacent with doing the same thing year after year, with minor tweaks here and there. 

This community & server need a huge injection of money in order to not only expand past the routine, but prepare for S&Box. In a relatively short period of time, Garry will release "Gmod 2" or S&Box, and the entire game will pretty much be void. The new game is based on C# and Unreal engine. With enough capital, Limelight could survive the transition and make a lit new game mode on Unreal Engine, but right now I predict Limelight will die. There's not nearly enough cash to grow long-term. I know that the operating costs of LL are pretty high, and $500 is enough to simply sustain, not thrive. 

Maybe this isn't the solution, but it's at least an idea that could keep Limelight alive for a few more years. 

From my experience, most people are happy to chill and not care about the actual viability of Limelight long-term. But if anyone is actually invested this might be a good idea to consider!
Disagree with the paying to get out of bans but there are definitely other ways LL could raise money quickly that unfortunately haven't been explored.

Also semi-serious CityRP communities seem to be on the decline but Gmod on the whole is pretty steady. Other CityRP-esqe variants such as Monolith seem to be increasing (99 players on right now as I post this, that's numbers LL has never even seen on at one time)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7