Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blacklist Explanation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ForceGhost

Your Name: [F.I] ForceGhost

Ban ID: 77611, 77612

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. () [L²] goigle

Server: EU

Ban Reason: 11.4 Using unwarranted deadly force on teammate

Why should you be unbanned?: I asked for some more information IG but myself and were told to bring it to the forums, multiple @ calls were made IG to try and determine the reason for the punishment but none was given other than Goigle was following up on RDM reports.

I'd just like some more information surrounding the punishment so I can take it to appeal, should one be needed.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ForceGhost.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
wrong forum, moved.
(Feb 8, 2019, 12:42 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]I asked for some more information IG but myself and were told to bring it to the forums, multiple @ calls were made IG to try and determine the reason for the punishment but none was given other than Goigle was following up on RDM reports.

I only saw Nem's @ calls, I didn't see any from you (might have been when I disconnected).

The main reason I didn't want to handle it in game was I was not sure how much longer I was going to be on (depended on when my girlfriend got off work and I needed to pick her up). I did also explain to you that it was for shooting at Sours while he was tranqing you guys and you were all teammates and that all 3 of you were blacklisted.

I clearly explained which situation the blacklist was for to Nem and which rule it violated twice - not really sure why he sent in @ call asking why afterward.

Anyway -

When I logged onto the server there were 2 RDM reports (on Nem and you respectively). One said something about RDMing and minging and the other was about an arrest (I believe it was a manual report) so I went through the logs and saw a tase by you to Nem and (which is understandable - stuff happens) and then something like 4 or 5 tranqs on Nem and that caught my attention.

I looked into it further and Sours was tranqing you both from that farm / train building near the bridge while all 3 of you were government.

You and Nem opened fire with your AR15s and then he started tranqing Nem and you used the taser to wake up Nem each time - out in the open and not moving.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 03:23 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]I looked into it further and Sours was tranqing you both from that farm / train building near the bridge while all 3 of you were government.

You and Nem opened fire with your AR15s and then he started tranqing Nem and you used the taser to wake up Nem each time - out in the open and not moving.

Me and Nemesis started taking fire from the farm / train building. We returned fire to an unknown threat. As well as having shots impact the ground Nemesis had been hit by a tranq a couple of times.

I woke Nemesis up every time he went down because I didn't want both of us ending up unconscious. Once he'd stopped going down I also began returning fire.

We were behind a SWAT truck the whole time, not out in the open. Being equipped with an AR15, the scope choices don't provide me with a lot of magnification nor do I have any binoculars or a camera, nor did I have the time to purchase or equip them in this situation. I also have no reason to believe that a fellow officer would open fire on a police checkpoint.

So I received a blacklist for returning fire to a unknown threat who is engaging and incapacitating two SWAT officers who are stood at a clearly marked Police Checkpoint?
I'd agree the bigger perpetrator is arguably Sours.

Your blacklist was for shooting a teammate. I did it after consulting another staff member as well.

You were 100% not in cover - the SWAT van was in the middle of the bridge. You were at the end of it closest to the city about 20 meters away I'd say.

By the time Sours shot you, he had been on the tower for at least 10 minutes. He drove to the tower in front of you. He had an AWM, I imagine that was to provide overwatch to the checkpoint you guys were operating. You even rammed his SWAT van further off the road with your own SWAT van. I find it hard to believe you didn't know he was there.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 03:49 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree the bigger perpetrator is Sours.

Your blacklist was for shooting a teammate. I did it after consulting another staff member as well.

You were 100% not in cover - the SWAT van was in the middle of the bridge. You were at the end of it closest to the city about 20 meters away I'd say.

By the time Sours shot you, he had been on the tower for at least 10 minutes. He drove to the tower in front of you. He had an AWM, I imagine that was to provide overwatch to the checkpoint you guys were operating. You even rammed his SWAT van further off the road with your own SWAT van. I find it hard to believe you didn't know he was there.

If I was at the end of the bridge then the solid fence going all the way down the middle of the bridge would provide cover from the tower.

I knew Sours had planned to go up onto the tower, I wasn't sure if he had actually gone up and I had no reason to believe that he would engage his fellow team members.
I would believe that if you even attempted to move Nem's body into cover - tranq's have a delay and worst case scenario you can switch back to taser (as there's no equip delay) and wake him up if you get hit.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 03:57 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]I would believe that if you even attempted to move Nem's body into cover - tranq's have a delay and worst case scenario you can switch back to taser (as there's no equip delay) and wake him up if you get hit.

Also, why are you switching saying from behind the SWAT truck to behind a fence? Those are completely different things and at no point in the situation were you behind the truck.

I thought it was a SWAT truck but looking back at my footage it would have been a fence. I left Nems body out of cover so he could continue returning fire once he was up and hopefully move himself to cover. I also didn't want to risk being brought down in case their was more than one shooter.

We had this setup on the bridge from 14:00 until 16:00ish.

[Image: BXMl0sg.jpg]
Yeah I misread your original comment.

If you have footage, surely that would absolve you and prove you didn't know Sours was there? If that's the software I'm thinking it will have audio too which would be very useful in absolving you.

Also, judging by that screenshot, you'd both still be completely out of cover.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:01 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I misread your original comment.

If you have footage, surely that would absolve you and prove you didn't know Sours was there?

I don't have footage of that incident, just footage of throughout the 2 hours we played. I didn't think anything would come of the situation so I had no reason to shadowplay it.

As far as I was concerned it was someone we had pissed off IC who had a valid reason, or it was someone trying to smuggle something passed the checkpoint and needed us incapacitated to do so.

I might have a screenshot but I'd need to know the timestamp, as I have a lot of them.
Server time it's either 15:20 or 16:20

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:05 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Server time it's either 15:20 or 16:20

Yeah that seems about right, all I got around that time is 14:52 and 15:42, I don't have any footage but it does show the road layout like I posted.

Just out of interest. Hypothetically, if I did know it was Sours, and he started tranquilizing us, would I not have a valid reason to return fire? The rule states:

Quote:11.4 - You may kill/injure other government members, but only if they are an immediate threat to your life, the lives of innocent people, or if it is your only valid option while on-duty.

I'd say immobilizing one* officers on a checkpoint is a valid reason to injure a fellow officer, even if you did know that he was one.
He only immobilized one officer and I would say responding to tranq darts with bullets is a little excessive. Tranq darts aren't an immediate threat to life.

Would you do the same to someone tazing someone (which effectively does the same thing)?

ForceGhost

Corrected two to one. My mistake.
Pages: 1 2