Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blacklist Explanation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:12 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]He only immobilized one officer and I would say responding to tranq darts with bullets is a little excessive. Tranq darts aren't an immediate threat to life.

Would you do the same to someone tazing someone (which effectively does the same thing)?

Someone tazing is within FearRP range. I have a long distance of open ground before I get to the person with the tranq and the person could easily tranq, switch to a lethal and kill me while crossing the open space.

The shooter being on the tower, we would also presumably have a ladder to climb, which we can be tranqued off of.
(Feb 8, 2019, 04:14 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Someone tazing is within FearRP range. I have a long distance of open ground before I get to the person with the tranq and the person could easily tranq, switch to a lethal and kill me while crossing the open space.

The example was with FearRP aside - if you want, imagine you had a gun out, Nem didn't, and the guy already had his taser out.

As for killing you while crossing the open space - two things:
You're standing there and waking up Nem. He could have switched to lethal then and killed you while you weren't moving.

You didn't have to cross open space. The fence you were talking about was behind you - you wouldn't have to cross open space to move the body. That makes no sense.

[Image: AizN3Mj.jpg]

Red is where Nem was, Blue is where you were. I am not in game right now to test, but you're both very exposed and lethal bullets go through those fences anyway. If you're within taser wake-up distance I'm pretty certain you're within body pickup distance, at a minimum you're very close to it.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:20 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 8, 2019, 04:14 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Someone tazing is within FearRP range. I have a long distance of open ground before I get to the person with the tranq and the person could easily tranq, switch to a lethal and kill me while crossing the open space.

The example was with FearRP aside - if you want, imagine you had a gun out, Nem didn't, and the guy already had his taser out.

As for killing you while crossing the open space - two things:
You're standing there and waking up Nem. He could have switched to lethal then and killed you while you weren't moving.

You didn't have to cross open space. The fence you were talking about was behind you - you wouldn't have to cross open space to move the body. That makes no sense.

[Image: AizN3Mj.jpg]

Red is where Nem was, Blue is where you were. I am not in game right now to test, but you're both very exposed and lethal bullets go through those fences anyway. If you're within taser wake-up distance I'm pretty certain you're within body pickup distance, at a minimum you're very close to it.

Yeah, those positions seem correct to me. Another reason I didn't really want to pick Nemesis up as I've picked him up while he was tranqued before and he's instantly died into a weird tranq/injured state where it listed both and you can't wake them up.

From my perspective we got engaged by an unknown threat which incapacitated an officer so returned fire. Did I actually kill Sours or was it just health loss?
You didn't kill him, he just got very low which is also why it looks sketchy

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:26 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't kill him, he just got very low which is also why it looks sketchy

The incoming shots stopped so I assumed I'd either suppressed them, scared them away or killed them.

ForceGhost

[Image: gizoZJD.jpg]

This is the odd tranqed/injured state that I spoke about a couple posts back.
Huh, that is odd. I vaguely remember that bug and I think it only happens in specific cases but I couldn't say off the top of my head

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 04:32 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, that is odd. I vaguely remember that bug and I think it only happens in specific cases but I couldn't say off the top of my head

Yeah, it's a PITA.

Forgot this happened, meant to post this earlier. Footage blacked out cause I'm too lazy to blur @ chat.

Nemesis asked why messing around wouldn't be allowed in a secluded area - why would he even ask that?

Anyway - that's all I have to say. I've consulted former and current staff, opinions have been mixed.

All concur sours was in the wrong.

I can see your side of it (especially since you shot after Nem), but it is very hard for me to look at the entire circumstance and not think you guys were just having a shootout for fun. I've forwarded it to Brynn since he trained me and I'll update when I hear back or he will post here.

ForceGhost

(Feb 8, 2019, 05:02 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
Forgot this happened, meant to post this earlier. Footage blacked out cause I'm too lazy to blur @ chat.

Nemesis asked why messing around wouldn't be allowed in a secluded area - why would he even ask that?

Anyway - that's all I have to say. I've consulted former and current staff, opinions have been mixed.

All concur sours was in the wrong.

I can see your side of it (especially since you shot after Nem), but it is very hard for me to look at the entire circumstance and not think you guys were just having a shootout for fun. I've forwarded it to Brynn since he trained me and I'll update when I hear back or he will post here.

You'd have to ask that to ‍, my Discord was muted at the time. I saw Nemesis go down, brought him up x 5 then when he stopped going down I started returning fire to the location he was firing at. 

These also weren't exactly marksman shots, I'm at a considerable distance so I'm surprised that I hit anything at all. I was shooting at a pixel like object from my perspective.
Yeah - if you don't mind, could you forward this to him so he replies?

Might as well treat it as a joint UBL since you guys were in basically the same position

ForceGhost

I sent him a message with the link, he'll most likely reply tomorrow.
I didn't know who was tranquilising me at the time, I found out it was Sours when he called "friendly fire" and then I stopped shooting. When I engaged him I didn't know he was SWAT, but after finding out Sours got blacklisted for tranquilising us I wanted to find out for him if messing around was allowed.
After looking at the circumstances and thinking about the situation more, I've decided your case should be approved.
You claim your Discord was muted which is believable considering how you were moving.

You also shot after Nem so I think there is reasonable doubt that you did not know Sours was on the tower.
Pages: 1 2