Limelight Forums

Full Version: 3 Weeks, 3 Maps! - Map Trial Period
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Jan 1, 2019, 03:49 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Please be constructive if providing feedback. A lot of time was spent by a ton of people to ensure we got this all ready for you guys doing areas, entity locations, jail spawns, everything, so we'd appreciate if you put in the effort to tell us where things don't work, and how they can be improved so that if it does come around to having that map implemented, we know what to do.

"I don't like it merrrr, it doesn't feel like limelight 2015 merrrr" 

jokes aside, I am hyped for these tests.
(Jan 1, 2019, 04:16 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]Wellp. Looks like we are bingeplaying LL this week, then taking a 2 week break

While I can respect that, it's best for LL if everyone joins in on the trials and provides the best feedback! Smile
Change is always exciting. Looking forward to testing all 3 maps and hearing about what will come from the trials!
(Jan 1, 2019, 04:36 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 1, 2019, 04:16 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]Wellp. Looks like we are bingeplaying LL this week, then taking a 2 week break

While I can respect that, it's best for LL if everyone joins in on the trials and provides the best feedback! Smile

Ofcourse, but I've played EvoCity, all of them. It isn't a map I enjoy.
Week 4 back to goat Rockford???
truenorth or riot
Truenorth is nice
I think if we go with truenorth we need to have a rule about basing in the mines. I only had an excuse to search it because I was enjoying being a park ranger. And lo and behold there was a contraband base there with 3 layers of protection.
(Jan 1, 2019, 11:41 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]I think if we go with truenorth we need to have a rule about basing in the mines. I only had an excuse to search it because I was enjoying being a park ranger. And lo and behold there was a contraband base there with 3 layers of protection.

The whole idea of the mine can be scratched off. We had blocked off a road on Rockford up in the Villa's, wouldn't be hard to add world props and block off the mines.
The mines have multiple entrances and are pretty nice to get to different areas of the map on foot. Maybe just ban contrabasing in there?
I’m with Pollux on that, the mines can be used for so much, like illegal research RP, a smuggling route, MineRP, and more.
Nothing wrong with basing in the mines. However, the ladders offer a great pre-made doomfort, so using that as a defender should be classed as doom forting, even if you didn't build it.
(Jan 1, 2019, 03:30 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: 75b587a2593ba276393b1544aec4180c.png]

Hello, community and happy new year!

As you may all be aware, we have recently been gathering your opinions and votes on what map you’d like to see us host our CityRP gamemode on. Thanks to your input and the hard work our team members have provided, we have now acquired the 3 top maps; them being: TrueNorth, EvoCity v5p and EvoCity v17x. To kick off 2019, we will begin trialling each of these maps!

What does this mean?
Starting from today and continuing throughout the next 3 weeks, we will be changing the map our CityRP gamemode is hosted on each week to allow us equal time to try out each of the chosen maps.

Why?
A week on each map will allow us to fairly test the performance and give you a nice amount of time to feel on how roleplay will be experienced and how the server feels using the map.

What’s the schedule?
The week commencing 01/01/2019 (Today) will be TrueNorth
The week commencing 08/01/2019 will be EvoCity v5p
The week commencing 15/01/2019 will be EvoCity v17x

You can follow the schedule through; https://limelightgaming.net/forums/calen...calendar=1

Another benefit of these tests is that we can still have all these maps as back-ups should they ever be needed. However, this still doesn't mean we can change on command, as everything still needs planning out properly.

After the 3 weeks are over, we'll be doing an assessment on the maps before making a final decision on which map to go with.

Here's everyone that helped!
‍, who managed the team and led the effort in setting up the maps.
‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps and also assisted in naming to be realistic.
, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍ ‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍ ‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍‍, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
, who put the effort into setting up the maps.
‍, who got muted multiple times due to his drunk rambling and did nothing but annoy
‍, who did nothing.
, rewriting the thread with quality.

Welp, once again PilotC goes unrecognized alongside . None of you ever want to Thank us for our service...and honestly let's bring and into this.

- Didn't do fuck all.
- Also...didn't do fuck all.
- Showed up for a week, and was forgotten again.
- Thanked everyone for their service...so to you sir...YMFOS (You're welcome for our service.)

On a serious note, well done to the team and definitely excited to see how Trooper Steel handles the new crime rates.
(Jan 2, 2019, 02:51 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with basing in the mines. However, the ladders offer a great pre-made doomfort, so using that as a defender should be classed as doom forting, even if you didn't build it.
Can we have another map vote after all the trails aswell?
I was heading towards truenorth but after playing and driving around I've changed my mind - I understand you can change it in the F1 menu but others may not do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4