Limelight Forums

Full Version: Make injured state after getting shot less guaranteed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
To be 100% clear: By 'die instantly' I don't mean kill you regardless of health. I mean skip the injured state.

Headshots without kevlar give a 75% chance to die instantly.
Headshots with kevlar give a 25% chance to die instantly.

Chest / stomach shots without kevlar shots give a 25% chance to die instantly.
Chest / stomach shots with kevlar gives a 7% chance to die instantly.

This should not be based on last shot, this should be if the person got shot in those parts an evaluated when their health is 0.

The simple solution would be to make it so this resets when they get healed to 100% which is fine with me.

A more complex solution would be to make it so only a paramedic's heal can clear these status effects (which could be automatically simulated with /me's and /it's or indicated on the HUD). While that would require more coding, I think it could be a nice way to make raids a little more realistic rather than people spamming health kits and cops being able to juggernaut with first aid kits.

Shots to the extremities don't add a chance to die instantly.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
The always becoming injured has taken away basically any reason to not fight the police if the paramedics are on.
I remember way back before injuries people would more often surrender to the police in fear of death and losing their items. Now it's almost guaranteed you keep your guns so you might as well fight it out.

It will also give police a reason to not go lethal all the time. I have seen police notice that paramedics are available and shoot people to get them healed. With this they might want to pursue a more peaceful path first rather than actually risking killing the person.

I get that this suggestion is kind of complicated, but I think it can add some much needed variety to the "shoot - injured - jail" loop

Poll option explanation
Just wanted to give more options, hence the 4 options.
Simple solution and complex solution are outlined in bold in the top of the post.
If you have no preference, select no preference.
+support

could make people value their characters life more than just running and gunning, make them actually take cover and hide from gunshots
+support

It is impossible to assassinate a dictator/president. After a headshot with an AWM, the person just gets healed.
Might actually stop me from shooting suspects to detain them (no promises)

+Support
+supportĀ 

ThisĀ could improve cprRP, when it is actually possible to revive someone.
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
+support
Approved.
Finished - tweaking and releasing before end of month