Limelight Forums

Full Version: Emergency services pass allows laptop in car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Give emergency services pass holders access to /policedb in their car. This can be done by requiring an unused police laptop in their inventory or just given to all who have the pass (like handcuffs).

By 'unused' I mean one that's not spawned - like if you have 2 laptops, you can spawn 2 in the world or 1 in the world and 1 in your car.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:

They can already spawn the laptop in the world. No reason to not let them RP having it in their car.
On a bit of a brainwaves today goigle?
Nope, been meaning to post this all for a while haha
+support
+Support
It makes sense that if the car comes with no computer, they use the one from their inventory.
My concern is how this is represented to users. With the exception of vehicles based off Police models, most vehicles don't have an option to add a laptop to the model itself. How would this be represented?
+support
(Dec 19, 2018, 12:40 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]My concern is how this is represented to users. With the exception of vehicles based off Police models, most vehicles don't have an option to add a laptop to the model itself. How would this be represented?

For some reason my reply from my laptop didn't post -

I don't think it really matters. Most people drive in 3rd person.
If we really wanted to we could parent a laptop model to the vehicle similar to how photon puts lights on the vehicles.

I think it's unnecessary though, people are too reliant on script and props to roleplay.

Unless you mean represent the option to put the laptop in the car in the first place - that can just be done by editing the item's description to say you can do that. There's far more obscure things in the gamemode.
+support
+Support
Quote:Yes, but require a police laptop in inventory*

+Support
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
Finished - requires a free laptop and 2 REPs

(Won't be added to live immediately - doing a bunch of approved PoliceDB changes)