Limelight Forums

Full Version: Static Adverts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Have a system to pay for adverts that will last 5 mins for $250-$1000. All of the adverts will be accessible to everyone through a menu that will display them like an advertisement book. 6 per page and they are separated into blocks. Users will be notified when a new advert is added through chat, or a popup, and when their owned advert time has expired. People with adverts currently in the book will have a settings button to remove current adverts. Only allow 1 current advert per player.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: This is just something that will help with finding chefs, mechanics, etc. with the new scoreboard. Most of the time, adverts in chat get ignored and when looking for one, it gets covered by other chat messages making the player have to scroll up to find it.
+support

Spamming my advert gets annoying and I often forget. Ending up in someone having to ask in OOC why mechanics aint responding. This would make my life easier
(Dec 6, 2018, 12:01 AM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]+support

Spamming my advert gets annoying and I often forget. Ending up in someone having to ask in OOC why mechanics aint responding. This would make my life easier
(Dec 5, 2018, 09:10 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]...at an increase or the same cost as adverts now.

Adverts have no cost.
(Dec 6, 2018, 05:51 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 5, 2018, 09:10 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]...at an increase or the same cost as adverts now.

Adverts have no cost.

I thought it was like $250 per advert. Welp
cool shit bro

+support

pufitee approved
Would be nicer to have auto-posting adverts. You type out "/advert <number of times to post> <text>" and it'll post that advert every 10 minutes until it reaches the number you stated, or until you disconnect, change jobs, die, etc.

Maybe if you don't specify a number it just posts it once like how regular advert does now? Or type "1" so it doesn't confuse numbers which are meant to be in the advert, as arguments for the post count.

-Support for the OP tho
I like the idea but I could see people getting annoyed with it after a while.

For this, I'm going to stay neutral

Kind Regards
Eddy
Wink
(Dec 6, 2018, 06:34 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea but I could see people getting annoyed with it after a while.

For this, I'm going to stay neutral

Kind Regards
Eddy
Wink

Just curious. What would be annoying about it? It is kinda like real life, you can look at the local paper and find local businesses. If you can specify, maybe the community can come up with a solution.
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
Essentially done for free via /phonebook, including a way to PM the advert owner.

Mechanics / chefs / etc are auto-added