Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Report: Faustie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Dec 4, 2018, 08:30 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Aight ‍ and ‍, I'm going to tell you guys the same thing I told ‍. You two should be old enough by now to understand that your actions have consequences and shouldn't be surprised at all when you act like minges on a forum that you're then treated as such. It still amazes me that you try to argue a moral high ground after the number of server rules you've broken even assuming 1 or 2 are bogus in your opinion. Since you're both perm'd you then decide to come on the forums and act like jackasses in a gray area and attempt to bait staff so you can then scream "See!? They have it out for me! I'm a victim!"

Stop playing victim. ‍ played victim and look where that got him, a handful of forum bans and a roasting by me. Also you don't have "freedom of speech" on a private website. There are court cases that have proved this time and again. I guess my meme on the last thread flew over your head since you're here arguing it again. *ding ding*

I will say that this is the first time I've seen staff post memes on a PR but after seeing all the crap you two have pulled it's well deserved. Now observe as I take a forum warning since I have enough common sense to realize that my actions have consequences. Or maybe I'm technically involved since I'm included in your first screenshot? Better hope it's not the latter since I have nothing to lose in calling you out.

User was warned for this post (posting without sufficient rights), Doctor Internet - Revoked, sozzle.

No, you are not "technically" involved. It is not your actions that I am reporting, you already got your warnings for those.

I am reporting Fausties posts and just because he happened to quote You does not make you involved.

If we should go by that logic, I added picture of Faustie responding to Kurdayetis post. So now, technically, Kurdayeti is involved.
Well butter my backside and call me biscuit,

You two need to grow up

User was warned for this post (posting without sufficient rights), Doctor Internet.
(Dec 4, 2018, 08:56 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2018, 08:30 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Aight ‍ and ‍, I'm going to tell you guys the same thing I told ‍. You two should be old enough by now to understand that your actions have consequences and shouldn't be surprised at all when you act like minges on a forum that you're then treated as such. It still amazes me that you try to argue a moral high ground after the number of server rules you've broken even assuming 1 or 2 are bogus in your opinion. Since you're both perm'd you then decide to come on the forums and act like jackasses in a gray area and attempt to bait staff so you can then scream "See!? They have it out for me! I'm a victim!"

Stop playing victim. ‍ played victim and look where that got him, a handful of forum bans and a roasting by me. Also you don't have "freedom of speech" on a private website. There are court cases that have proved this time and again. I guess my meme on the last thread flew over your head since you're here arguing it again. *ding ding*

I will say that this is the first time I've seen staff post memes on a PR but after seeing all the crap you two have pulled it's well deserved. Now observe as I take a forum warning since I have enough common sense to realize that my actions have consequences. Or maybe I'm technically involved since I'm included in your first screenshot? Better hope it's not the latter since I have nothing to lose in calling you out.

User was warned for this post (posting without sufficient rights), Doctor Internet - Revoked, sozzle.

No, you are not "technically" involved. It is not your actions that I am reporting, you already got your warnings for those.

I am reporting Fausties posts and just because he happened to quote You does not make you involved.

If we should go by that logic, I added picture of Faustie responding to Kurdayetis post. So now, technically, Kurdayeti is involved.

The difference is Noble and Faustie's responses were the direct cause of this report.
For Kurd, he's not involved in the last SR, and therefore is not involved in this report.
(Dec 4, 2018, 09:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2018, 08:56 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]

The difference is Noble and Faustie's responses were the direct cause of this report.
For Kurd, he's not involved in the last SR, and therefore is not involved in this report.

No they were not. Faustie's responses is the direct cause of this report.

He responded inappropriately to both Noble and Kurdayeti. How can you even deny that?
(Dec 4, 2018, 09:24 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2018, 09:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2018, 08:56 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]No, you are not "technically" involved. It is not your actions that I am reporting, you already got your warnings for those.

No they were not. Faustie's responses is the direct cause of this report.

He responded inappropriately to both Noble and Kurdayeti. How can you even deny that?

The report was made about Zoom's thread. Kurd had no right to post there.
Ok, so to respond to the original post, as Doc has clearly explained Kurdayeti's involvement here is invalid..

Was it unprofessional and immature? Possibly, even probably, but most comedy is. Was it over the line? I doubt it, but I'll let HR decide.

It wasn't a personal attack to either you or Kurdayeti, hence him having no reason for being involved. It was me poking a bit of fun at the situation and having some fun with Noble, something sorely lacking most of the time.

You might think that it's over the top and completely unnecessary, but let me explain my rationale for posting: these 'staff reports' are a flagrant waste of a lot of people's valuable time. As explained in the final post on Doc's SR, the first similar thread was closed by an admin. The second similar thread was also closed, with a response then given by the owner. This was already a breach of General Rule 11, but you then took over and made a third thread, which was closed by a member of dev management. To further highlight the waste of time, see Enzyme's response at the end of Doc's SR.

If you and others are going to continually waste staff time - a rather limited commodity - then of course we're not going to take posts doing this all that seriously. Many people are tired of it, and it's causing more serious problems. A couple of months ago, so much time went into putting out various fires across the community that very little development work got done, and this pushed back releases quite significantly. You're not a victim, you're just wasting our damn time.

I would have hoped that, after so many thread closures and responses by staff, you and Kurdayeti would have appreciated this by now. The reason for the drop in seriousness and increase in comedy gold you're seeing is because we're disappointed you haven't gotten the point yet, and we're at the limits of how much time we can freely waste on this. It's not much different from when a requested update is released and then there's immediately backlash before people have even tried it out. Waste of time and general frustration.

You might think that my post was inappropriate and that's fine, it probably was. I don't think it was over the line, nor was it poking fun at anyone in particular - just the situation - but I'm sure either way HR will look into it and make a proper decision.

The difference between me and you is that once HR make a ruling, even if it's a strict punishment, I will accept it. I won't waste their time any further. Ding ding.
Case is currently being reviewed.
I'll refer to your other SR against Overlewd and post it here too:

(Dec 7, 2018, 02:50 AM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Just because you feel offended, doesn't mean that you're right.
You were not discriminated by any means, you were dealt with according to your own actions. There's no abuse that's taken place, and you've simply tried to make yourself into a banned martyr. You're not fighting against tyrrany or for something unjust. You've simply wasted your access to the forum by spewing shit around, making claims and accusations when there's no valid ones to make. You haven't been a victim in this case, even though you're acting like one. 

I'll refer you to my previous post a previous SR:
Quote:Yeah, we wish to have a platform where people can discuss freely and maturely and we respect freedom of speech, but this is taking place on our forum in our community, and it's our right to draw the lines where we see fit. The three threads in question have not served any real purpose, nor have they contributed with anything. If you continue to make the same thread after we've put our foot down, then you can expect us to close them and slap on a warning for gen rule 1.1 as Internet pointed out.

This might not be fair in your eyes, but that's how we view it best to keep things calm. We're not trying to hide anything or silence anyone, but unnecessary drama and targeting of a staff-member by linking a thread I've reviewed myself will make us have to step in.
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...age-2.html

I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. You have only yourself to blame for the attitude and consequences that you've been dealt. 
We care about how we act, treat others and behave in generally, but we've allowed ourselves to slip up a bit in these cases because, man, has it been a long month, and man, we're really not in the mood for the "victimization" and attitude of yours.   

Don't approve?
Tough break, buddy. 

Since we've gotten nothing out of these cases so far, I wish to leave us all with something educational and interesting so we can get something positive out of them:
The heart of a shrimp is located in its head!
Source: https://heydidyouknowthat.blogspot.com/2...-head.html

Reviewed and concluded. Closed and denied. 
No abuse of power, authority or any unfairly broken feelings found.

There's not much more to add than that. Since this thread has also achieved nothing else but increasing the use of Asprin on Limelight, I wish to add another fun fact so we can actually get something out of this thread:

Red-eyed tree frog eggs can hatch early if they sense any danger.
https://mentalfloss.com/article/86578/50...want-share

If justice had the same ability as those eggs, then there'd be no need for them to hatch early in your SRs. 
There's no miss-justice. No abuse, simply a lot of unnecessary nonsense without any validity to it. 

Have a good one. 

Reviewed and concluded. Closed and denied.
Pages: 1 2 3