Limelight Forums

Full Version: Religion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I honestly wanna see how this goes.

Was browsing the [REDACTED] forums and saw they had a thread on religion and thought why not? (Other than this turning into an aggressive argument about if God exists or not)

You're free to speak your mind, but try to keep it civil. Religion, after all, is a sensitive topic, but I think it will be neat to know all stances on the topic.

I'm personally a Piscapalian Christian. I am not religious, but I do believe in a higher power even if there is little factual evidence of their existence. I feel it helps in comprehending that after I die it won't just be a black void of nothingness, but just the next step. It also helps as a guideline on how to be kind to others, no matter what their background is (Even though almost every religion including Christianity has its more negative passages).
I'm a Hindu slowly turning agnostic.

For the people who don't know what that means -

Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable.
im the only god that exicsts
I don't believe in any god or religion, although I like some of the ideas of Buddhism such as Karma and the practice of meditation but I just think they tie in with my concept of morals nicely.

Overall believe what you want just don't try and shove it down my throat ;)
The thread over at [REDACTED] (why tf even do that, it's not top secret, lol) was interesting, this one will probably be more civil, knowing LL.

OT - Non-practising Catholic that is quite doubtful of a higher power, or the existence of an afterlife.
I am a Orthodox Christian who try to attend church twice a week. However the place where I live there is one Orthodox Church but its to far for me to go so I have to go to my local church which is a lutheran church, I believe its a more symbolic thing going to church and praising god so it doesnt really bother me having to go to a lutheran church.
Humanist here, don't follow the extreme philosophies but generally my morals extend to "Thou shalt not be a cunt" and "Thou shalt not shove your beliefs down someone's throat".
[Image: 1200px-HumanismSymbol.svg.png]
(Nov 14, 2018, 10:06 PM)Lewwings77 Wrote: [ -> ]The thread over at [REDACTED] (why tf even do that, it's not top secret, lol) was interesting, this one will probably be more civil, knowing LL.

It’s an old meme that whenever you attempted to put FL or Fearless, it would be censored on here like it was some voodoo.
I see religion pointless, despite me attending a catholic school I dislike religion as it causes bollocks with everyone saying 'my god is real ur ones shit' 

Aswell as this, I do astronomy and have strong beliefs against it with creation theorys and god aint one of them :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Before you continue reading, you will most likely find any, or all of this highly offensive, so it might be wise to sod off now. 

There have been a lot of religions, claiming that others are false, thinking that their god is the one god, or that their gods, are the only gods. Many of these religions have disappeared in time. 

You should do what you do for yourself, not for any fictional fairy-tale, you have been brainwashed with. While religion has the potential to be something to drive, and encourage people, it's often abused, like most things. Founds it way in religion, and other places, in which very easily influenced children are indoctrinated, and fed fairy-tails.

I respect religion, as long as it is not forced on anyone, and they do no harm. But from almost all of them, some kind of harm comes.

But hey, if you can be proud to be a Christian, or a Muslim, I can be proud of being clear minded, and not gullible. If you can question, and doubt, and even condemn those who do not belief, then I can do so to you.
I wouldn’t consider all people that believe in a higher power gullible. Seems insulting to say that about them when all they want is an explanation on what the end is or how to treat their neighbor. I would appreciate if we continue with these very well put opinions and personal stances without insulting others. It’s the least I’d expect from a staff member.
I have an issue sometimes when lets say a Firefighter, Paramedic, Police officer or Doctors save a life and they give all credit to the WRONG thing, (Thank u so much big magic man in the sky for saving my friend)

Like no, their life was saved by that hard working individual. I think it's also super hilarious when they pray for financial gain.. Go out and make the damn money yourself. 

Other than that I believe in what I see, as a gay boi I don't follow any religion as it seems to oppose those who just want love like everyone else. So in other words Fuck Religion.
(Nov 15, 2018, 02:09 AM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue sometimes when lets say a Firefighter, Paramedic, Police officer or Doctors save a life and they give all credit to the WRONG thing, (Thank u so much big magic man in the sky for saving my friend)

Like no, their life was saved by that hard working individual.

You just reminded me of this
While I'm a nonbeliever I do think Religion is something that is underappreciated. After all, religion is responsible for binding groups together and building our world, despite the wars it often creates(ed).

If someone can find peace in religion then good for them, isn't something for me though. I do find alot of beauty in religion, specifically Christianity. You really can learn alot from religion even if you don't believe in it. But people seem to just toss it aside.

Like Daley said "While religion has the potential to be something to drive, and encourage people, it's often abused"
Religion can be a nice thing when extremists and fucked up people dont twist it into something prevers and unrecognizable and Welker pretty much summed that up.

While I dont belive in heaven, hell, god or the devil I do belive that there is something more out there
Pages: 1 2 3