Limelight Forums

Full Version: Custom location fields for Panic Buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:

Add a custom location field for panic buttons. Limit this usage for those who have 5 REP's.

Why it should be implemented:

For the most part, Panic Buttons within the city are very accurate. Where the issue starts to arise is when you're outside of the city in a custom base/structure and the location is no longer accurate.

By allowing a user input for the location, locations can now be more precise. For example, I usually have a station built on US 76, near the intersection of US 48. When a panic button is placed down and is activated, the button relays no information. If I could apply my own precise location, I would actually be able to use the panic button.
+support 
+Support

Either that or add panic button locations for the outside part of the city
Neural

Could allow people to bait cops by writing already existing places as a fake location, triggering a panic without actually needing to be there, and therefore not being caught for it.
That would be possible, originally I created it with just the use of the already implemented feature of %l, which unfortunately bugs out every now and again on Rockford as such frequently has blank messages or gives out an inaccurate location.

+Support

Eddie

+support:

Don't see the point in rep restricting however.
Pressing F2 and writing a custom line for location
Yes.
(Nov 11, 2018, 01:19 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Neural

Could allow people to bait cops by writing already existing places as a fake location, triggering a panic without actually needing to be there, and therefore not being caught for it.

Sounds like a great way for Criminal RP to increase its tactics 

+Support
+support
+support, but keep the original location too
ie. Custom Location (Map Set Location)
Panic button pressed at Lobby (Rockford Police Station)
(Nov 11, 2018, 08:41 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support

These tactics should have high risk for high reward. With this, there's literally no risk and a single anarchist could have police on a wild goose chase for half an hour.
(Nov 12, 2018, 09:43 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 11, 2018, 08:41 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support

These tactics should have high risk for high reward. With this, there's literally no risk and a single anarchist could have police on a wild goose chase for half an hour.

Sounds like a fun time to me. You could literally get the same effect with a phone booth call.
(Nov 12, 2018, 06:29 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 11, 2018, 08:41 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a great way for Criminal RP to increase its tactics 

+Support

Sounds like a fun time to me. You could literally get the same effect with a phone booth call.

Nobody is going to make a panic call via a anonymous phone booth.
(Nov 11, 2018, 08:41 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a great way for Criminal RP to increase its tactics 

+Support

Except with a phone booth you'd need to contact everyone separately and it would take time. A panic button alerts the whole government, paramedics, fire department, and will alarm everyone. It should not be that easy imo. There's a difference between having fun, and ruining/annoying everyone elses experiences through baiting and trolling.
(Nov 12, 2018, 07:02 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 12, 2018, 09:43 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]These tactics should have high risk for high reward. With this, there's literally no risk and a single anarchist could have police on a wild goose chase for half an hour.

Except with a phone booth you'd need to contact everyone separately and it would take time. A panic button alerts the whole government, paramedics, fire department, and will alarm everyone. It should not be that easy imo. There's a difference between having fun, and ruining/annoying everyone elses experiences through baiting and trolling.

Guess then we should streamline /911 and /request to prevent custom calls and just provide the message and their location is ALWAYS visible.

I feel you're reaching for a reason not to support this because it can be easily abused. But on the other hand /911 and /Request can be done like this as well. This is adding something to the Criminal and Shopkeep's arsenal that allows for things such as putting you shop's name in the location or using the panic button as a distraction to break out your friend from the jail. This is adding yet ANOTHER way for people to RP these roles successfully, but God forbid the minority abuses the system by lieing to the government about where they are.
Pages: 1 2