Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blue Screen Problem {Not Part of LL}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been looking everywhere for a fix to this problem but i have been unable to find anything,
So when i launch Gary's  Mod I see the Facepunch logo and all that which is normal but then it gets stuck on a blue screen and the only thing i see is a Black box in the corner of my screen so i cant get to the main menu, I have added a screen shot on what happens and i hope that helps , Thank you for your help and i hope to if i get  a response and jump back on playing Limelight Here is what i see
Verify the integrity of your game.
What OS are you using?
(Oct 7, 2018, 06:12 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]Verify the integrity of your game.

Done all that
(Oct 7, 2018, 07:35 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]What OS are you using?

Windows 10
How much memory do you have and I'm assuming your using a graphics card over integrated graphics?
(Oct 7, 2018, 09:02 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]How much memory do you have and I'm assuming your using a graphics card over integrated graphics?

8gb of ddr4 ram and GTX 980 ti
How many addons are you subscribed to?
I'd unsubcribe from all the addons for gmod you have.
Delete all the addons in your gmod folder and then re-subscribe to the ones you need.
(Oct 7, 2018, 08:39 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]How many addons are you subscribed to?
Delete all the addons in your gmod folder and then re-subscribe to the ones you need.

Funny i got 30 addons because i had a new oc
Delete all the addons in your addons folder, Then open up Garry's Mod and the blue screen should be gone and then it will re-install the addons.
(Oct 7, 2018, 09:28 PM)Duck143 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2018, 08:39 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]How many addons are you subscribed to?

Out of interest, is your game stored on HDD OR SSD?
Happens when Garry's Mod has a hissy fit and decides that it cannot handle the amount of addons.

Steps:
1. Remove all addons in workshop.
2. Open Garry's Mod (Should now)
3. Join LL Server (Addons will re-download)

Should be fixed.
You said you had a new OC. Are you absolutely positive that it's stable? Take off the OC and then try.
(Oct 8, 2018, 01:10 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]You said you had a new OC. Are you absolutely positive that it's stable? Take off the OC and then try.

I'm confused , Do you have discord so i can contact you there
(Oct 7, 2018, 10:43 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2018, 09:28 PM)Duck143 Wrote: [ -> ]

Out of interest, is your game stored on HDD OR SSD?

HDD
Pages: 1 2