Limelight Forums

Full Version: Volunteer Fire/EMS Pass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: 
Add a Fire/EMS Pass which will do the following: 
     - Add Two SWEPs: Fire Extinguisher and Health Vial(Fire/Police Version)

The Fire/EMS Pass will not allow the player to be revive people and will not give the player a Fire Axe(Wouldn't have the same gear as the actual fire dept). The people with the Fire/EMS pass will only be allowed to resupply from the box in the fire station and other Fire/EMS vehicles(ambulances and fire trucks).

(Possibility) Lighting: For the Fire/EMS Pass allow a red/white package to supported vehicles or just allow the emergency lighting package. 

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:

There is already a possibility of being a LEO so why not a Fire/EMS. There are tons of opportunities for RP as a volunteer Fire/EMS in the civilian life: Volunteer Dept. RP, Army Medic, etc. An Issue that came up while discussing this suggestion was the possibility of using this pass to heal friends while in a fight. My rebuttal is that the LEO pass also allows for abuse and both are punishable through the rules, so the argument could be placed for both pass types.
LEO pass is here for FBI and other clans. If you want to be fire, change jobs. I think this will be abused by Criminals in raids.
(Oct 6, 2018, 09:29 AM)HeavyWolfPL Wrote: [ -> ]LEO pass is here for FBI and other clans. If you want to be fire, change jobs. I think this will be abused by Criminals in raids.

If the president starts dishing out EMS passes to criminals that’s call FailRP.

+Support
+support

The LEO pass can be abused too. I think this is a good way to have volunteer firefighter/EMTs join in as long as there is some downside to not being a paramedic or firefighter instead. Possibly restrict the reviving type of the health vial (as is said in the original post).

Apex

Please god yes.
Custom Passes would be better.
This would fall under the Emergency Services Pass, not a new pass type.
(Oct 6, 2018, 01:18 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Custom Passes would be better.
(Oct 6, 2018, 02:07 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]This would fall under the Emergency Services Pass, not a new pass type.

But how would the people with that pass obtain a health vial and or fire extinguisher? Other people and I participate in Volunteer Fire/EMS RP where we can only use /me's and /it's to RP out a situation because there is not a proper way of even attempting to heal someone. To me this pass is a great idea until maybe a new health system becomes available.

The problem with that is if there are custom passes, how are people supposed to determine who gets what weapons/SWEPs? I am not too familiar with passes, but I know that one of them receives handcuffs and probably other things. I am suggesting a pass that will give medical and fire supplies to the person, so they can RP as a Fire/EMS(EMT).
(Oct 6, 2018, 09:29 AM)HeavyWolfPL Wrote: [ -> ]LEO pass is here for FBI and other clans. If you want to be fire, change jobs. I think this will be abused by Criminals in raids.

The LEO pass is not just here for the FBI. I see people use the LEO for some amazing RPs and I think the Fire/EMS pass would allow even more RP ideas. If everything has to be for a specific clan, then https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-15253.html. Just saying to "change jobs" is just an excuse to limit opportunities. If someone wants to be a cop, what is the point of the LEO pass, just "change jobs". It is just a cop out for something new that could improve RP. As far as the abusing part, yes it could be abused, but the LEO pass can also be abused. Even so, both instances would be punishable.
(Oct 6, 2018, 05:52 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem with that is if there are custom passes, how are people supposed to determine who gets what weapons/SWEPs? I am not too familiar with passes, but I know that one of them receives handcuffs and probably other things. I am suggesting a pass that will give medical and fire supplies to the person, so they can RP as a Fire/EMS(EMT).

/pass settings
President can create/modify/delete passes and with each custom pass he gets the option to tick what they get or not + whatever can help make the passes easier to understand.

/pass info
The public gets to see what passes exist as well as a small description written by the president possibly.

I think it would make for a better system than what we have now. Also allowing for multiple passes would be good. I will be posting a suggestion about this shortly.
(Oct 6, 2018, 10:48 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 6, 2018, 09:29 AM)HeavyWolfPL Wrote: [ -> ]-

If the president starts dishing out EMS passes to criminals that’s call FailRP.

Not really. The passes themselves are IC. So if a criminal player roleplays as an impersonator whilst attempting to obtaining it, then it isnt FailRP. 
Lying and saying you're an FBI agent almost always works Wink
The President has to treat all players equally when asked for a pass, despite IC job, otherwise it would be metagaming.
(Oct 6, 2018, 06:40 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 6, 2018, 05:52 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]

/pass settings
President can create/modify/delete passes and with each custom pass he gets the option to tick what they get or not + whatever can help make the passes easier to understand.

/pass info
The public gets to see what passes exist as well as a small description written by the president possibly.

I think it would make for a better system than what we have now. Also allowing for multiple passes would be good. I will be posting a suggestion about this shortly.

I personally don't agree with a system like that, but that is your opinion. To me that could be abused way more than a Fire/EMS pass.
+support
Pages: 1 2