Limelight Forums

Full Version: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Deleted User 5617

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
bit dramatic
i somewhat agree tbh
yoo an Alex Jones narration of this would be amazing.
I do agree that the community is over-controlled. Can’t do anything without someone screaming FailRP or staff going word for word with the rules, offering no room for RP without the threat of being punished. The abuse, meh. It’s here and there tbh, but not a HUGE issue. Just wish it was dealt with.

An example of the constant threat of getting a PR on everything you do is the recent PR posted by  against Mumble and . A well RP’ed scenario for Criminal RP that got a PR because one party didn’t have a full run down of both sides instead of just keeping it IC.
(Oct 4, 2018, 09:07 PM)Killroy Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight has changed. It's no longer about roleplay, interaction or enjoyment. It's an endless series of arguments, argued by rank-beggars and those who want change. Limelight e-begging, and its consumption of good roleplay, has become a well-oiled machine. Limelight has changed. ranked players carry ranked nametags, using rank specific items. Their friends inside their server enhance and regulate their abuse. Assuming control. Information control. Emotion control. Roleplay control. Everything is monitored, and kept overly-controlled. Limelight has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of over-control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from those who disagree with them. And he who controls the banning, controls the history here. Limelight has changed. When the server is under total control, war becomes routine.

- K.

"Limelight e-begging, and its consumption of good roleplay, has become a well-oiled machine."  E-begging?  Eating RP?  Huh?
"Ranked players carry ranked nametags"  LoL?  We shouldn't have admins and moderators?
"using rank specific items" No rank specific items exist to my knowledge, outside of the HL2 weapons which are SA access and above.
"Emotion control. Roleplay control." Welcome to any of the City Rp servers.
"Everything is monitored" Welcome to any gmod server that is half set up.
"Limelight has changed" Since you joined in July? You should have seen it when it opened.
"When the server is under total control, war becomes routine" Bruh, go back to whatever drugs you are on.

My 2 cents.
Yikers
Been watching a lot of anonymous YouTube videos?
(Oct 5, 2018, 12:44 AM)Auston Wrote: [ -> ]Been watching a lot of anonymous YouTube videos?

Apex

Some good points made.

Shame people are so desperate to pop a cheap joke they can't step back and see what is being said.
(Oct 4, 2018, 11:17 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree that the community is over-controlled. Can’t do anything without someone screaming FailRP or staff going word for word with the rules, offering no room for RP without the threat of being punished. The abuse, meh. It’s here and there tbh, but not a HUGE issue. Just wish it was dealt with.

An example of the constant threat of getting a PR on everything you do is the recent PR posted by  against Mumble and . A well RP’ed scenario for Criminal RP that got a PR because one party didn’t have a full run down of both sides instead of just keeping it IC.

There were many times I could post a PR on the Givens family or many other people, but since I try to keep things IC, it is very rare to see me making PR's.

However after Cole made a PR on me a week or so ago, I decided that I won't be playing by unwritten rules that they don't abide.

The part I'm curious about though is why there are people on a server who all they do is AggressiveRP and the only way they know to solve problems is with weaponry and death threats.

I know for a fact that at least some of them (for example Cole) know how to do PassiveRP as I have once upon a time been his friend. I don't know where it all went wrong. Maybe they got bored and turned to aggressivity. What I do know is that this is not the way I have got to know the Limelight that I love.

In his defense, I have talked to Nemesis about the issue and he even said something along the lines of doing a PassiveRP (which he did, while playing Mechanic), however, you can clearly see from my case that they won't stop bothering you with their AggressiveRP even after you leave the government.

Of course, this isn't the first we heard of such groups
We all know the story of Cerberus or the A37 gang.
But we all know that these groups never stick around and time always washes them away like footprints on a beach.

It's a gmod server provided as-is and free of charge. I don't know why everyone expects the world of LL. It's fantastic really if we step back and look at the bigger picture, how far the server has come. If you don't like it, nothing is forcing you to stay.
you know you tagged the wrong , right?
Oh. Sorry random guy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4