Limelight Forums

Full Version: Inventory 'All Items' tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: My suggestion is that an 'All Items' category should be added to the inventory drop-down menu that displays all your items in one window. The inventory would default to the 'All Items' category when you first open it. The 'All Items' category would also appear at the top of the drop-down menu regardless of alphabetical order. The other categories would still remain as a filtering system to find specific items when you have a large inventory.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: This is simply a 'quality of life' suggestions as it's a bit of pain to constantly click the drop-down to change between inventory categories. I don't think this would impact the game in a negative way as you can bind most inventory items anyway. This is purely to improve the user experience.

Edit: The items displayed in the 'All Items' category could be ordered in multiple ways: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]alphabetical order, the order of the drop-down menu categories, oldest to newest, etc. If you can't add a way of filtering between these different orderings I think the most preferable would be alphabetical order. This might be something worth polling separately?[/font]
+support
HUGE +SUPPORT
Why not?

+Support
Wait why did I never think of that?

Good goin', Rookie! Wink

+Support
meh the current system is alright
+Support

I asked for this a long time ago.  I like to view my items as a list sometimes rather then trying to figure out what subsection its in.  Absolutely no reason not to have it as its typically your most default view of any list.
i struggle to find items even in clearly distinguished subfolders at times, a huge bulk of "everything" just dosent appeal to me, however since i dont see this breaking anything ill stay neutral myself
(Oct 2, 2018, 05:13 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]meh the current system is alright

It would be the exact same as the current system but there would be an additional option on the drop-down menu called 'All Items' for those who want it.
(Oct 2, 2018, 07:39 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]i struggle to find items even in clearly distinguished subfolders at times, a huge bulk of "everything" just dosent appeal to me, however since i dont see this breaking anything ill stay neutral myself

I forgot to add to the post that the items displayed in the 'All Items' tab could be organized in different ways. The items could be sorted into alphabetical order, the order of the drop-down menu categories, oldest to newest, etc. There are many approaches to this that could improve on the current system.
(Oct 2, 2018, 11:18 PM)Tomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 2, 2018, 05:13 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]meh the current system is alright

It would be the exact same as the current system but there would be an additional option on the drop-down menu called 'All Items' for those who want it.

I get it, in my opinion I won't use it probably. So I am not really keen to support it, on the other hand I can see others finding it useful so I am not going to -Support it either.

But to be honest +Support as other might find it useful.
How about a.. searchbar for all items tab?
(Oct 3, 2018, 01:20 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]How about a.. searchbar for all items tab?

A search bar with alphabetical ordering of items would work really well
+support. would be excellent with search bar too
+support
Pages: 1 2