Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Review Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Idea: See the developer notes as a reply to the post

Why: So I know that there are developer notes about difficulty of implementation as the likes for staff to see when the post goes into staff review, it would be nice to see what the devs concluded about it beforehand, a good hunk of transparency for everyone and it means that people might be able to understand more if they see the devs against a post.
In my experience, what you are talking about basically doesn't exist.  Though some of the coders do follow a process similar to what you are talking about to find the solution to the requests, I've never actually seen it written out in the format you are suggesting.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but saying that you are asking for transparency on something that may or may not even be a thing.  If it is a thing, I'd like to see it too, being that it would probably be useful for finding solutions to these problems (suggestions are ideas of problems, problems are what you solve to produce solutions, which is known as content to users, just to elaborate for clarity)
I remember something that  mentioned that mentioned developer notes for staff to see
If it's really hard to do, to the point where it may as well be impossible, or impractical, it will be denied as non-feasable.

Otherwise, we already provide the staff feedback on suggestions.
Yeah, if something isn't feasible then it's generally a waste of time to go into too much detail specifying why. Most devs are familiar with why something isn't feasible - or is feasible, but too much of a time-consumer for the benefits - so there's not much point in writing it down. If there's other reasons why something won't be implemented we already provide feedback, but there comes a point where we're providing so much feedback that we're not actually getting any work done. Best to avoid that and just stick to feasible requests.