Limelight Forums

Full Version: Is LL Dying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys i know i havent been here long enough to call out saying its dying i get it but im sorry to say all the people who was here when i joined are literally gone my clan members are so inactive on here its unreal including myself recently yes the server gets decent amount of players on but i just feel like the games dying there is literally no shops anymore when i go where everyone bases not 1 single base no one around nothing to see what so ever but i feel like by doing a new map it will lighten the mood some people say they Hate Rockford some people say its dead now was good i feel like making a new map is a great idea if you agree let me know just say your opinions but heres a little proof

https://gyazo.com/5fe89fdad1f6d8d23de5d29373bc23f5
+support if something along these lines isn't already in the works, got my fingers crossed the Florida map is a new server
The florida map though is kind of what would seal any fate people think LL has.

It has almost none of what LL needs for its playerbase.

While florida looks nice, it lacks substance and variety, as well as lacks any build areas for people to customize, which is a huge part of LL.
Limelight has lost its charm it used to have, the community is visibly crumbling in my opinion checking out the Florida map it indeed seems like   said it lacks variety and seems to almost limit the ability to roleplay in some areas of the map.

LL personally has turned stale theres barely any passive rp and for a semi serious rp server alot of people are treating it like dark rp now
Yeah.
Been dying since 2015 apparently 

also changes in map are always wanted, prior to rockford people voted for it overwhelmingly iirc.

One thing to say about rockford is the structure of the map, although good for driving, police chases etc, has a negative impact on gameplay due to the population being spread out.

On maps like V33X, players are forced into close proximity at various areas, which generally lead to more RP interactions.

Hard to RP if everyone is in their car / halfway across the map.

-edit going to expand on latter point further-

Let's compare V33X 'RP hotspots' to Rockford 'hotspots' (keep in mind this is anecdotal and from memory not hard data. 

[Image: 3534e9fd750d524ca9998c1f4bedd25e.png]

As you can see from above picture - the structure of the map forces you into areas where lots of RP happens - Aside from perhaps industrial, if you wished to travel from the city to anywhere else, you'll encounter people.

I.E going from nexus to suburbs, you'll pass potentially 3 areas of RP which are in very close proxmity to each other. This forces interactions, and makes RP more natural rather than forced interactions.

Compare that to rockford layout: 
[Image: 2dc6fb1d28be2a4fb114bf03b4b1d4ac.png]

There's too many roads, and the hotspots are too spread out due to the size of the map. If you wanted to travel from police station to suburbs on this map, you'd pass 0 real hotspots. Equally the whole map incentives driving over walking, even in the downtown areas. On Evocity you'd generally park up and walk around the downtown section on foot. This makes the city feel alive, forces player interactions (which over time help foster friendships and a community spirit) and in the short time provides more player-led content.

Currently most interactions one has on the server are when they need to buy items, need a mechanic or are getting pulled over by the police for doing 2mph over a speedlimit, then getting 15 minutes in jail. This is fundamentally flawed.

And correct me if you disagree with my opinion, but the change to rockford also marked the change in gamemode direction. This wasn't a developmental decision, but infact the impact the map had on the actual gameplay itself. Prior to rockford being changed to the main map, lack of RP was an issue, but there was still an abundance of clan RP, mini-RPs and general player interaction. Now I feel you could play on the server for an hour and barely speak to anyone.

I advocate bringing back V33X (or updates versions) on these grounds.
(Sep 4, 2018, 06:49 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Been dying since 2015 apparently 

also changes in map are always wanted, prior to rockford people voted for it overwhelmingly iirc.

One thing to say about rockford is the structure of the map, although good for driving, police chases etc, has a negative impact on gameplay due to the population being spread out.

On maps like V33X, players are forced into close proximity at various areas, which generally lead to more RP interactions.

Hard to RP if everyone is in their car / halfway across the map.

-edit going to expand on latter point further-

Let's compare V33X 'RP hotspots' to Rockford 'hotspots' (keep in mind this is anecdotal and from memory not hard data. 

[Image: 3534e9fd750d524ca9998c1f4bedd25e.png]

As you can see from above picture - the structure of the map forces you into areas where lots of RP happens - Aside from perhaps industrial, if you wished to travel from the city to anywhere else, you'll encounter people.

I.E going from nexus to suburbs, you'll pass potentially 3 areas of RP which are in very close proxmity to each other. This forces interactions, and makes RP more natural rather than forced interactions.

Compare that to rockford layout: 
[Image: 2dc6fb1d28be2a4fb114bf03b4b1d4ac.png]

There's too many roads, and the hotspots are too spread out due to the size of the map. If you wanted to travel from police station to suburbs on this map, you'd pass 0 real hotspots. Equally the whole map incentives driving over walking, even in the downtown areas. On Evocity you'd generally park up and walk around the downtown section on foot. This makes the city feel alive, forces player interactions (which over time help foster friendships and a community spirit) and in the short time provides more player-led content.

Currently most interactions one has on the server are when they need to buy items, need a mechanic or are getting pulled over by the police for doing 2mph over a speedlimit, then getting 15 minutes in jail. This is fundamentally flawed.

And correct me if you disagree with my opinion, but the change to rockford also marked the change in gamemode direction. This wasn't a developmental decision, but infact the impact the map had on the actual gameplay itself. Prior to rockford being changed to the main map, lack of RP was an issue, but there was still an abundance of clan RP, mini-RPs and general player interaction. Now I feel you could play on the server for an hour and barely speak to anyone.

I advocate bringing back V33X (or updates versions) on these grounds.
Totally Agree Jono V33X Would be a great map to have
Thanks for sharing your opinion on this .
Is there any plan for another vote or anything like that? I know there is an approved or "Staff Review" suggestion for a map change, where are we with this? Right now the general consensus seems to be "rockford sux", so are there any plans to change back to v33x/v4b1? It had it's flaws but I think now that we've seen both sides, it's obvious which is better, IMO. I personally feel it's a pressing matter, and if it's the topic of conversation daily, is it being treated as a priority issue within the staff team?

Sorta like brexit, people wanting a 2nd referendum lmao.
I still feel Evocity 2 V5P would be the map to go to, it does the same thing 33x does as jono pointed out, by having all main roads pass through areas of activity.
Honestly, I think a new map would really help. Florida looks nice and all, but it's small, lacks space to build and looks a tad un-tidy.
(Sep 4, 2018, 07:37 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I still feel Evocity 2 V5P would be the map to go to, it does the same thing 33x does as jono pointed out, by having all main roads pass through areas of activity.

It’s tpo big imo
Would be awesome to get back to one of these maps I just figured it was never gonna happen
v2d - No
v33x - Maybe
v4b1 - Yes
v5p - Yes
Rockford - No
gm_flatgrass - FUCKING HELL YES
(Sep 4, 2018, 07:37 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I still feel Evocity 2 V5P would be the map to go to, it does the same thing 33x does as jono pointed out, by having all main roads pass through areas of activity.

V5P is way too big for our player counts. if people thing interaction on Rockford is scarce, V5P will be an antisocial paradise. The only reason it has a lot of unique areas is because it literally double stacks parts of the map. Our player counts are a bit too much for v2d, and probably just right for v4b1 or rockford. V5P would require 60-70 constant players imho.
(Sep 4, 2018, 09:02 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]

V5P is way too big for our player counts. if people thing interaction on Rockford is scarce, V5P will be an antisocial paradise. The only reason it has a lot of unique areas is because it literally double stacks parts of the map. Our player counts are a bit too much for v2d, and probably just right for v4b1 or rockford. V5P would require 60-70 constant players imho.

I'm not sure where this idea that V5P is to big for LL comes from.

V5P and Rockford are identical in map size, both max out their sizes to do what they wanted to accomplish.

The prime difference is that Rockford wastes alot of its map space with wide stretches of empty nothings, while V5P makes better use of it with lots of things to encounter along the way.

Judging by how LLs players congregated on average, the city center has always been the most populated area on the map, with the outland areas beingless populated, but still in use.

V5P only feels bigger than rockford, it has more things to do in it in comparison and more variety in region types for players to play in.

The rockford city center:
[Image: 36ed0b9784b1ccb946f6bde7dd9f73ae.png]

The V5P city center:
[Image: f442ef19dc39e31601592cc5e98eeeb1.png]

The V5P city center is if anything smaller than Rockfords, but again i have to note, anyone who goes on V5P on SP and Rockford on SP can see that one makes use of its space FAR better than the other.

Rockford Map size:

[Image: 90a8de1ef6eee75988535feed8d362ec.jpg]

V5P Map Size:

[Image: 557340060d4f47a185808105ddce7dcd.jpg]

V5P if anything when compared side by side with rockford is smaller in terms of overall wide open playable area, and is a more condensed experience, and that is accounting for the cargo yard and suburb under the store area on the provided map. 

If we splayed all the playable regions of V5P onto this picture, it still would be nearly the same size, but still making better use of said space.

Argueing that V5P is to large for LL is tantamount to argueing that V5P has to much variety and areas for players to RP in, and that LL requires maps with less to do.
Pages: 1 2