Limelight Forums

Full Version: How would you change Rockford?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How would you change Rockford?

Many people believe that Rockford could do with some improvements, just as every map does. If you could change something about Rockford what would it be. I am just curious due to hearing some peoples opinions on the topic.

*Please don't post stupid shit like "Make it Evo". I'm just trying to get opinions on Rockford*
v4b1.
I like Rockford, though I do agree that with EvoCity you had more flat spaces/areas to build dupes at.
Now with Rockford a lot of the users are finding very creative ways to negate this problem, so it's not a priority issue yet. If it would've been possible however, making the map just slightly bigger and adding some county/sub-urban spaces which were plain/flat could have been cool.

Oh, and the jails. The one on v33x was awesome.
(Sep 4, 2018, 12:03 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I like Rockford, though I do agree that with EvoCity you had more flat spaces/areas to build dupes at.
Now with Rockford a lot of the users are finding very creative ways to negate this problem, so it's not a priority issue yet. If it would've been possible however, making the map just slightly bigger and adding some county/sub-urban spaces which were plain/flat could have been cool.

Oh, and the jails. The one on v33x was awesome.
Currently, Rockford is at the source engine's limit when it comes to size yet I do believe if the space was more efficiently used, more space could be used for potential RP
I would have the movie theater burned to the ground and have the ashes shot into space so no one ever has to deal with them again.

As I've heard it, the theater itself is consuming alot of the maps total resource cap
(Sep 4, 2018, 12:09 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I would have the movie theater burned to the ground and have the ashes shot into space so no one ever has to deal with them again.

As I've heard it, the theater itself is consuming alot of the maps total resource cap
True. It contains too many useless props and takes up quite a large amount of space. It was only used when the map was new and now is just a useless building. I think maybe turning it into something else could increase RP in grant ave and make fps lower at the same time.
Change rockfordTownhall to evocity Nexus
(Sep 4, 2018, 12:21 AM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]Change rockfordTownhall to evocity Nexus

I hate the town hall too :0
Ban Europeans from entering
A lotta buildings are just... not accessible, you see all these tall buildings, areas that would make sense and would be perfect for some extra room, like the Rockford Bank. You have doors that you can't enter, but so much space where if it was open, you could have more roleplay.

Also, flatten the map, it has so many areas that are just for no reason, sloped.

Where is your map from that "map team" yall had?

You were also claiming to be a part of a map team too, where's your stuff at?

I wanted in on helping with this map thing, but some people around here wanted to make jokes instead.  That's why I edited out all my content and left the discussion alone the last time.  https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-17800.html

If yall would have said then that you weren't gonna do the project, I would have kept working on it.
(Sep 4, 2018, 02:22 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]   

I wanted in on helping with this map thing, but some people around here wanted to make jokes instead.  That's why I edited out all my content and left the discussion alone the last time.  https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-17800.html

If yall would have said then that you weren't gonna do the project, I would have kept working on it.

Don't worry fam, we'll move back to v4b1 anyway.
Literally would change everything the maps shit #NEWMAP
The main issue with the map is the fact it has almost no flat surfaces and a lot of building that have been decorated in such a way that it limits their roleplay. It also fails to provide a good main street where passiveRP can grow on.
(Sep 4, 2018, 02:22 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]   

The Project is dead. I left it.
Pages: 1 2 3