Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Animation & Model Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title:
The Animation & Model Update

Description:
I believe most of you would agree that improving on PassiveRP is the only thing in development
that has positive sides, but not negative ones. Well, what if I told you that I have a plan ready
to improve on it? Interested? Let's start.

Animations:
Animations are the primary way to make the roleplay world feel more alive.
Now we had great updates on animations, such as the handcuffed animation, the hands-up animation, etc. but I believe now is time to implement more of them:

1. Make the pistol holding animation different for police and civilians. Make the police officers be able to hold it close to their chest while tilting their head sideways to the right as if looking through the sights in certain situations.
Example: https://imgur.com/a/TehgFU5

2. Make the shotgun holding animation different as well. Make the police officers rest the weapon's butt on their shoulders and holding it up as opposed to near their stomach.
Example: https://previews.123rf.com/images/moodbo...hotgun.jpg

3. Add an animation where when an officer's secondary firearm is in their hand, they can choose to have an animation run in which their hand would be on the pistol in its holster - ready to draw it. (by: Cole)

4. Add a reviving animation for the paramedics with them kneeling next to the target and performing CPR (yes, I am aware that this is not realistic in every case but anything else would be overkill).
Example: https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/defau...171120.jpg

5. Add an eating animation with the food/drink item in hand. (Simply holding it in both hands or one and lifting it to their mouth would be good.)

6. Reposition the driver while sitting inside a vehicle. As many of you must have noticed they are currently slightly sunken into the seat. Making it that you would actually see them steering would be a nice extra addition too.

Models:
Models are the next thing after animations that players see while roleplaying and that would enhance it.
Here are my ideas:

1. Replace the healing thingy that government workers have with an actual medkit such as this
(and make them hold it in both hands):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=818434213
We could also implement this system that  suggested: FA:S Medkit

2. Add sunglasses as an available clothing accessory.

If you have any additions to the list, make sure to write it down in the comments below.

Why?:
It would make the roleplay experience of all players on the server much more immersive.

Eddie

Massive +Support, can't see any negatives to this.
+Support

Seeing the way the SWAT and the cops hold their shotguns always bothers me.
If it is possible, full support!
Massive +Support for all of these.
+Support
+support but why not sunglasses for all?
They way they hold shotguns  b u g s  me.
+support to all, but A-1 and M-1.

A-1: A different stance when aiming a pistol is a great idea, however, the way the officer is holding it is probably because of the close proximity to whatever he is aiming it at. He doesn't necessarily have to look through the sights with such a tilted head nor does he have to hold it like that. A different stance would be better though instead of the very extended cq. stretched out arms.

M-1: suggested the use of the FA:S medical kit. It has far more options inside and also looks better qua model, though, the model you're suggesting doesn't look all that bad either and actually kinda resembles the IFAK I used to have around me. To be honest, we should be using IFAKs for wound treatment and have an additional item, being the defibrillator, for the obvious. Maybe, having a defibrillator, it could also have a chance of not working on someone who has been down for a longer period of time or is too mortally wounded.

Note:
When I was playing around with a Garry's Mod posing scenario, I tried to cycle through some animations. When using the Grand Theft Auto: V models, however, I noticed they had different animations. Realistic ones, even in terms of peeking around the corner, etc. ...Maybe (as I have no clue how to make animations in Garry's Mod or how to implement them into a server) they could be used?
(Sep 1, 2018, 05:09 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]They way they hold shotguns  b u g s  me.

A-1: A different stance when aiming a pistol is a great idea, however, the way the officer is holding it is probably because of the close proximity to whatever he is aiming it at. He doesn't necessarily have to look through the sights with such a tilted head nor does he have to hold it like that. A different stance would be better though instead of the very extended cq. stretched out arms.

M-1: suggested the use of the FA:S medical kit. It has far more options inside and also looks better qua model, though, the model you're suggesting doesn't look all that bad either and actually kinda resembles the IFAK I used to have around me. To be honest, we should be using IFAKs for wound treatment and have an additional item, being the defibrillator, for the obvious. Maybe, having a defibrillator, it could also have a chance of not working on someone who has been down for a longer period of time or is too mortally wounded.

Note:
When I was playing around with a Garry's Mod posing scenario, I tried to cycle through some animations. When using the Grand Theft Auto: V models, however, I noticed they had different animations. Realistic ones, even in terms of peeking around the corner, etc. ...Maybe (as I have no clue how to make animations in Garry's Mod or how to implement them into a server) they could be used?

I agree that if not overwriting, but at least adding an additional pose would be good. I'm down for that.

I forgot about Gungranny's suggestion, but yeah that would be a great idea.

What were you using to look at the animations?
(Sep 1, 2018, 05:12 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 1, 2018, 05:09 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]They way they hold shotguns  b u g s  me.

Note:

I agree that if not overwriting, but at least adding an additional pose would be good. I'm down for that.

I was using an add-on from the Steam Workshop called ''Easy Animation Tool''
( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=104604709 )
It turns ragdolls into T-pose ragdolls and from there, you can right click(?) on the T-posed ragdoll to set an animation as shown in the screenshots. It's very useful to see what ragdoll has which animations as the Grand Theft Auto: V's animations are different.

E.g.

[Image: mIMp4Mm.jpg]

You can see how the officer in the rear left (with the AR out) has a particular way of holding his rifle; it was part of the animation, which is why I think that those animations could already be good solutions to a few key-pointers that you've named in your original post.

EDIT: Now that I am looking back at the screenshot, the FBI/SWAT guy, also in the rear left, behind the patrol car, is actually using one of the poses to hold a handgun. It looks better than the stretched arms animation we've got going currently, as the left arm actually supports the right arm better on the firearm.
(Sep 1, 2018, 05:36 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 1, 2018, 05:12 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

Note:

I was using an add-on from the Steam Workshop called ''Easy Animation Tool''
( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=104604709 )
It turns ragdolls into T-pose ragdolls and from there, you can right click(?) on the T-posed ragdoll to set an animation as shown in the screenshots. It's very useful to see what ragdoll has which animations as the Grand Theft Auto: V's animations are different.

E.g.

[Image: mIMp4Mm.jpg]

You can see how the officer in the rear left (with the AR out) has a particular way of holding his rifle; it was part of the animation, which is why I think that those animations could already be good solutions to a few key-pointers that you've named in your original post.

EDIT: Now that I am looking back at the screenshot, the FBI/SWAT guy, also in the rear left, behind the patrol car, is actually using one of the poses to hold a handgun. It looks better than the stretched arms animation we've got going currently, as the left arm actually supports the right arm better on the firearm.

How do you know which ones are from GTA? I tried it earlier today and only saw ones from HL2.
(Sep 1, 2018, 08:05 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know which ones are from GTA? I tried it earlier today and only saw ones from HL2.

I'll be honest, I am not sure yet. Some models have it, some don't. I'll try to test it out somewhere tomorrow and maybe take some additional pictures.
Add an animation where when an officer's secondary firearm is in their hand, they can choose to have an animation run in which their hand would be on the pistol in it's holster - ready to draw it.
(Sep 1, 2018, 08:27 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Add an animation where when an officer's secondary firearm is in their hand, they can choose to have an animation run in which their hand would be on the pistol in it's holster - ready to draw it.

Good idea! Added to the list.
*bump*
Massive +support
Pages: 1 2