Limelight Forums

Full Version: Kvatch's Leave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I've been on this community since August 2015 and ever since that time it's served me almost every day (minus the big break I took) from making many friends, to bringing me further understanding of Gmod RP. After a few years, of playing inbetween Limelight, Dark RP, Half Life 2 RP, Fallout RP and many more RP servers and types alike, it's fair to say that the 6000 hours listed on my profile was well spent.

I believe that Limelight is on a down hill journey at the moment. A lot of people agree, but not many know why, and those who do know why, aren't often listened to as they should be. With little to no major game changing updates that can revitalise the gamemode, it becomes a chore to join and play, and even harder to actually have fun. Limelight is becoming less of a passtime which offers fun and enjoyment for those who play, and more of an addictive drug for those who spend the better part of their weeks playing. Joining generally entails waiting for a Police spot to open, or partaking in the many vanilla criminal activities that you would expect out of a City RP server. Mugging people, printing money and using drug labs, growing weed, etc. There are two ends to this spectrum that is Limelight, and that is good guys, and bad guys. In other words, the server has become cops and robbers.

Sure, it's nice to have the occassional addition to the server which might enhance a certain aspect of the game - like the new interactive screens. That's adding to the already existing "RP" on the server. That isn't what Limelight needs - Limelight needs new RP mechanics, systems and fields, never seen before and unheard of. Build upon those - not the already existing RP mechanics. No amount of new HUD updates that we've been promised can change that. People need new activities to actually partake in, new things to actually do and enjoy. I'm going around in circles, but you get the picture. Bottom line is, Limelight is not what it used to be, and the direction it's going, it isn't gonna change for the foreseeable future.

Another thing I never understood is, why do the staff team find it a good idea to hide everything from their players? I mean, do you not think that this very thread could've been avoided if we perhaps knew some of the bigger things that were going on? The road map is great and all, but if we actually knew the plans for the future, where it's headed, whether we'll become Serious RP, whitelist the Police, etc., people might be more inclined to stay a little longer. It would be worth the wait if the update was good enough.

I'll definitely be hanging around the forums a little - perhaps that solidifies this idea of Limelight being a "drug" to some people - their inability to let go of something that's been a part of their lives for so long, or perhaps it's for me to be notified if anything drastically changes.

I don't think I need to mention anybody. Those who know me as their friend and those who helped me enjoy the server for what it used to be, I have you guys to thank for the past 3 years. You know who you are. And with that, I bid you all farewell. Until another day, perhaps.
Who's posts am I gonna like now Sad
Good luck for what the future has in store for you.
Bye mate ;( , Never really got to know you but enjoy your music ambitions and don't let anything stand in the way!
This is a shock cya.

Kvatch.
Sad to see you leave Kvatch! Who else am I going to make Oblivion jokes with...

Good luck with whatever you are gonna do in the future!

o7

Goodbye Kvatch. It's been good man.
It's sad to say but you've just typed a 579 word leaving thread for nothing. Your concerns, as with many others, will continue to go ignored.

Goodbye Saiye. It wouldn't surprise me if more long term members followed suite.
Cya kvatch gonna miss ya buddy  Sad

https://plays.tv/video/5ae2540ba238fd59c...m-so-sorry-

I wont forget!
Sad to see yet another one go~
Anyway. I wish you the best of luck for your future!

Apex

See you, seems all the OGs and the main roleplayers are leaving Sad
(Jul 31, 2018, 01:08 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]See you, seems all the OGs and the main roleplayers are leaving Sad

Does it surprise you? We're the ones who know how it used to be and can compare it to how it is now. That's what's so demotivating. Time should allow for betterment of the server, not a decrease in quality.
leaving does not make your voice any real >Sad
(Jul 31, 2018, 01:21 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]leaving does not make your voice any real >Sad

maybe it isn't real. maybe i'm not real. maybe nothing is real..............
Who am I gonna bully on LL now? Everyone’s left!
Pages: 1 2 3