Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban request - LivKX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening. Liv has asked me to post this ban request on his behalf as he cannot access the forums. Until he can, I will be able to act as an intermediary between him and the forums.

(everything below is posted on behalf of liv)

Your Name: LivKX

Ban ID: 2216/4247

Banned by: Enzyme

Server: N/A

Ban Reason: Double Accounting

Why should you be unbanned?:  During my 1 year ban I connected briefly (very very briefly) before shortly disconnecting, on a second account to check out the HUD changes. Yes, this was wrong of me when I only had a few more months to wait so I can totally understand the ban, it's justifiable. I wasn't actively playing on the server at all, which may mitigate this.
It's been a really long time since I've been at LL, the ban for DA was placed in October 2016 and I've changed a lot as a person since then. I've grown up, and so has Limelight in the time I've been gone, becoming a company and everything! We all make mistakes like I did, but I've served 2 and a half years for the exploting I did, and I honestly believe that justice has been served. I understand that there are risks in letting me back onto Limelight, but I have nothing but a thirst to roleplay again with some old friends to be honest. I've been out of that scene for a while and I'm more interested in creatively using my scripting skills, hopefully one day to contribute to LL (I script/sysadmin for a living now! Powershell FTW). It would be extremely dumb of me to do anything malicious now anyway, as LL is a company. Honestly, what I did was bad but I think that 2 1/2 years is a long time to mature as a person and change my ways. I'm here again now and I'm a different person, and I'd love to get my teeth stuck back in to some good old passive RPs like I used to do. I hope you can see my side of this as I can see yours. In addition, I've also had a lot of regret over time for dragging others into this mess, such as Hymaan. I stayed in contact with him, and he knows that I'm sincere in my apology for dragging him into it.

Evidence: I'm not sure it's really applicable without meeting up with y'all in person lol. I'm a much more mature person in the way I act and hold myself now, and I'm proud of that to be honest. I have some evidence/mitigation that I am happy to discuss in a non-public manner.

(Side note, PW reset for my forums account isn't working)
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Judge Rage.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Under review.
Just to comment, I now have access to my forums account so I can manage all further communications, thanks Enzyme and Judge.
Apologies about the delay here,  away from PC so I'm having to write on a phone. With your record for hacking, exploiting and DAing, how can I be sure that your curiosity or temper won't get the better of you and lead you down the same path as you've been before? There's less risk of you doing anything if you remain banned compared to if I allow you to return again. You've been given several chances before, and you've broken all of them. Why should I take the risk?
Well my ban for exploiting was already made non permanent and I was given a chance to play again, so I can't pose that much of a risk. The reason I'm permed now is because of the double accounting which has nothing to do with exploiting. As much as it was still double accounting, a mitigating factor IMO is the fact that I was literally on the server for a few minutes to look at the new HUD. I wasn't DA'ing and exploiting or even playing, it was still wrong, but not as bad as most DA attempts. There's only so much I can really say to try and convince you... apart from the fact that all of this was nearly 2 years ago and I've changed completely as a person, I'm not sure what to say. Another thing is that although I did exploit, the fixes were discussed with yourselves and I believe that I did contribute to the safety and security of LL to this day. The CityRP community is something I continually tried to contribute to. I fully recognise that in my immaturity back then, I went about it the wrong way. Things are different now.

There's no evidence I can provide you with that I'm not a risk, you only have my word. I use my abilities as a scripter creatively now, as it's a core part of my daily work as an IT Administrator/Sysadmin. LL is now a real company too and even if I wanted to do anything like I used to, which I don't, it would be very very stupid. I don't think I pose much of a risk anymore at all. At the end of the day, I'm a grown, mature adult now and I just wanna sit down and play some RP again with some old buds like Judge. I'm not going to beg for it, but it's worth a shot.

P.s. I don't have a temper! Life is chill man. It's all good in the hood
Apologies about the delay on your case Liv. Currently caught up in moving to an apartment and getting established with internet and everything. I'll request admin opinions on this thread to gather more opinions on your case, and I'll try to get this sorted as soon as possible.
(Aug 2, 2018, 12:37 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies about the delay on your case Liv. Currently caught up in moving to an apartment and getting established with internet and everything. I'll request admin opinions on this thread to gather more opinions on your case, and I'll try to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks for getting back to me Enzyme. I moved house too the other week so I know how it goes, no worries Smile
Sorry to bump but it's been 9 days... Any news? Smile
Hey Liv - apologies for the delay. I'm also on an apartment hunt (though hopefully just finished!) so that's been a little delay in your case. Staff have requested I review this so I'll be speaking with Enzyme etc. and then hopefully we can come to a resolution for your case as soon as possible.
Thanks for the update Faustie. Hope the move goes smoothly.
Alright, Liv. This case took a lot longer than usual but your case is also a rather complicated one. I asked Faustie for input in this case, and he has now filled me in with all of his thoughts, facts and information that I need to know.

While I myself am more cautious of you, your previous actions and history, and your dangerous curiosity when bored; Faustie speaks in your defence as to how you've helped Limelight, and how he believes you've changed and matured for the better. As Faustie believes you deserve another chance, and I'm willing to agree to this. 

I'll lift your ban, and you'll be able to play on the server. I need to remind you though that you have a serious record and that this is the last time I'm willing to give you another chance. I know you're an extremely intelligent and curious person. Just don't let this get the better of you if you're ever tempted with fiddling with the server or whatnot. 

It's been a while since you've last played, so make sure you're updated on all the rules, Liv Smile

Welcome back, Liv. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Be good now (;

Reviewed and concluded.
Approved.
Ban raised.