Limelight Forums

Full Version: Q/A - Probation Period
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

If you are reading this, you probably were unfortunately placed on probation or you want to know more about how the system works.

First of all, this was previously the Last Chance system however it was reworked to address some issues with the former Last Chance system, namely its misleading name, the inconsistency of its enforcement, and the fact that it would potentially cause reformed players to get banned due to a lack of expiry period.

The system is intended to be used for players with exceptionally large punishment records, and ones which we may want to more closely monitor as a condition of unban for more serious offenses. 

By default the Probation Period lasts 6 months. Any time that extends it requires staff voting.

The type and date of probation is chosen by the person who originally issues it.

You can have probation period for a permanent blacklist or a permanent ban. So if you have a probation that states a certain blacklist to be enforced and you break a rule that involves that blacklist, you will have the probation period enforced and recieve a permanent blacklist.

And as for the permanent ban, if the staff member reviewing the situation in which the player has broken the rules decides the situation requires a ban due to certain reasons, and a warning or a blacklist won't be enough, the probation for a permanent ban will be enforced.

For conditionals - a probation for a specific rule breakage it's as follows; 
Either 4 bans for the same reason or a cumulative 6 bans and blacklists for the same reason, where only 1 per incident is counted (pte blacklist is 1 blacklist, a pte blacklist alongside a ban only counts as 1 cumulative etc). 

For General;
Requires at least 10 total bans or a cumulative of 20 bans and blacklists, same counting rules as above.

Players may be placed on probation as a condition for unbans.

Please note that last chances issued before this took effect remain as regular last chances by default, so all last chances that were issued prior to this system being used, are still last chances and are enforced accordingly.

You can ask all questions related to this below, but please do not rage or rant about your ban or blacklist or your probation as it's not helpful to anyone.
What determines "players with exceptionally large punishment records"? Is it a set amount of punishments, or staff discretion?
(Jul 16, 2018, 08:36 PM)Mr.Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]What determines "players with exceptionally large punishment records"? Is it a set amount of punishments, or staff discretion?

For conditionals - a probation for a specific rule breakage it's as follows; 
Either 4 bans for the same reason or a cumulative 6 bans and blacklists for the same reason, where only 1 per incident is counted (pte blacklist is 1 blacklist, a pte blacklist alongside a ban only counts as 1 cumulative etc). 

For General;
Requires at least 10 total bans or a cumulative of 20 bans and blacklists, same counting rules as above.
Why is the "Last Chance" being replaced and how "inconsistent" was it?
(Jul 16, 2018, 09:52 PM)IsThisaNewFLRP? Wrote: [ -> ]Why is the "Last Chance" being replaced and how "inconsistent" was it?

Last chance was a system where we didn't give any one a chance to redeem themselves. It was do something and get permed. This system enables more staff decisions and puts a time which after expires the player does not get permanently punished but can be placed back on probation.

So basically, more lenient, more chances to redeem and much more fair.
oh the memories :,(
Well, this is unlucky for me.

Apex

Last chances seem really weird.

For example I have a "Last chance" for fear-rp from two years ago. Would I still get permed for a minor fear rp violation now?
(Aug 20, 2018, 01:25 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Last chances seem really weird.

For example I have a "Last chance" for fear-rp from two years ago. Would I still get permed for a minor fear rp violation now?

Quote:
By default the Probation Period lasts 6 months. Any time that extends it requires staff voting.

You could probably ask to have your last chance removed?

I stand corrected.

Bambo Wrote:Please note that last chances issued before this took effect remain as regular last chances by default, so all last chances that were issued prior to this system being used, are still last chances and are enforced accordingly.
(Aug 20, 2018, 01:25 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Last chances seem really weird.

Yes.

Apex

Dunno why they'd bring a system in to address a inferior system, then leave the problem.

Seems more logical to make all last chances a probation of 6 months going forward. 

But that's just me.
(Aug 20, 2018, 02:26 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno why they'd bring a system in to address a inferior system, then leave the problem.

Seems more logical to make all last chances a probation of 6 months going forward. 

But that's just me.

It does seem odd yea, one would think all previous "last chances" would be updated to the new system to bring them more in line with the improved enforcement method.

Leaving the old method types in the system only muddies the water, as last chances have never truly been "last chances" as a player in any situation, no matter what they have done, by policy always has the right to an appeal, and a fair chance at an unban, thus no last chance is ever their last, nor is it ever permanent.

That's why we renamed it to Probation

Apex

(Aug 20, 2018, 03:37 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2018, 02:26 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno why they'd bring a system in to address a inferior system, then leave the problem.

But that's just me.

It does seem odd yea, one would think all previous "last chances" would be updated to the new system to bring them more in line with the improved enforcement method.

Leaving the old method types in the system only muddies the water, as last chances have never truly been "last chances" as a player in any situation, no matter what they have done, by policy always has the right to an appeal, and a fair chance at an unban, thus no last chance is ever their last, nor is it ever permanent.

Exactly, there is no reason at all to leave an old system in place when introducing a new system to supersede it.

Either it was a massive oversight by the staff team or they have some obscure reason for keeping last chances; Even though they themselves have addressed them as problematic.
(Aug 20, 2018, 03:37 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2018, 02:26 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]snip

It wasn't exactly a rename, more of a complete overhaul to a pretty unfair system.
(Aug 20, 2018, 01:11 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2018, 03:37 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]snippity snip snip

Exactly, there is no reason at all to leave an old system in place when introducing a new system to supersede it.

Either it was a massive oversight by the staff team or they have some obscure reason for keeping last chances; Even though they themselves have addressed them as problematic.

I'd put it down to an oversight, in all honesty. It doesn't make too much sense to me either that the both of them remain, when they effectively serve the same purpose except one is a lot fairer than the other.
Pages: 1 2