Limelight Forums

Full Version: The PassiveRP Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, let's be real. PassiveRP is dying, it is nowhere near the quality or quantity it used to be.

Fixing this is probably the biggest thing that needs to be done to escape the current "Cops n Robbers" feel we having going.

Leave your ideas down below.
well because pufitee weapon blacklist im going to create some more passiverp so we will see alot more. also making passiverp group xdxd il be back 2moz to passiverppp
Needs incentive. Sadly players don’t come here to roleplay. They come here to play cops and robbers and witchunt players on even the most minor rule breakages. If people kept these IC and put RP above rules, then we maybe would see more Passive RP.
Nobody wants to roleplay at all it seems. Not even the most simple of things like basic of rules, its very unfortunate. I came back after a long term of leave and it is apparent that it's just gotten worse and it just makes me not want to play. 

I exclusively host passive roleplays outside of ClanRP and lately I've found myself having more trouble with the police over anything. Is very disheartening to setup a roleplay like my Russian Embassy for example and go through all the correct channels, discuss with presidents and get the go ahead and receive government passes only to get raided by the police force over no more than "Because we can" essentially.

Has happened multiple times as my friends and I were quietly roleplaying among ourselves, but we simply just get arrested or killed over nothing. It's no surprise to me that no one wants to roleplay, at this point I don't either. 

Once or twice I could get over, but it's a chronic issue that happens with most of my passive roleplays. 

So for me, I no longer want to roleplay because everything I set up just ends up being purposely ruined by other players for no reason. Seems they take some sort of joy out of it and if LL doesn't want my roleplays/dupes then I won't be setting them up at all anymore.
(Jun 22, 2018, 02:24 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Needs incentive. Sadly players don’t come here to roleplay. They come here to play cops and robbers and witchunt players on even the most minor rule breakages. If people kept these IC and put RP above rules, then we maybe would see more Passive RP.

Incentive such as?
Roleplay has been dead for a while. I remember throwing small events on live everyday, just trying to stir things up, but often it ends the same way, or you end up repeating yourself with the limited tools you have. Building an RP with props can also be a pain, you spend more time building it, only to have it ruined, or nobody participating. 

The main issues in my opinion are:
The economy is ruined, it is too easy to get weapons
Making money is not interactive, you sit in a room
No persistent characters
Limited roleplay freedom to match other systems
No consequences to dying, or aggressive RP besides being locked up in a cell and being bored to death for that time
Important jobs that effect others in a major way are unwhitelisted 
Young players with a GTA mindset
People do not ROLEPLAY their CHARACTERS. They act like their self.
Being stuck in this really weird area of not being serious but not being semi-serious.

I have only seen a handful of people actually playing as characters, and people do not seem to want to do that. More often then not the only people who claim they play as a certain character use it as an excuse to act like a edge-lord, or twat.

LimeLight needs changes, it has a lot of potential and I definitely see some of the planned updates helping out with that.

Ultimately I would want limelight to shift to Serious-RP, with plenty of interactive systems to keep things interesting in the downtime between RP, solving the biggest issue there is with Serious-RP - The boring downtime.

ForceGhost

(Jun 22, 2018, 03:49 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Roleplay has been dead for a while. I remember throwing small events on live everyday, just trying to stir things up, but often it ends the same way, or you end up repeating yourself with the limited tools you have. Building an RP with props can also be a pain, you spend more time building it, only to have it ruined, or nobody participating. 

No persistent characters
No consequences to dying, or aggressive RP besides being locked up in a cell and being bored to death for that time
Being stuck in this really weird area of not being serious but not being semi-serious.

I have only seen a handful of people actually playing as characters, and people do not seem to want to do that. More often then not the only people who claim they play as a certain character use it as an excuse to act like a edge-lord, or twat.

LimeLight needs changes, it has a lot of potential and I definitely see some of the planned updates helping out with that.

Ultimately I would want limelight to shift to Serious-RP, with plenty of interactive systems to keep things interesting in the downtime between RP, solving the biggest issue there is with Serious-RP - The boring downtime.

Me and Daley don't agree on much but this is something he's got 100% right in my opinion. I agree with every point made here.
(Jun 22, 2018, 03:49 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Roleplay has been dead for a while. I remember throwing small events on live everyday, just trying to stir things up, but often it ends the same way, or you end up repeating yourself with the limited tools you have. Building an RP with props can also be a pain, you spend more time building it, only to have it ruined, or nobody participating. 

No persistent characters

^^^^^  Right there. One Hundred Percent.

We also must understand that there are these "Young Players" who would kill for some good RP on this server. But yeah, there's a fair few of young ones who have that mingy/GTA mindset. We mustn't stereotype every young voice that you come across want's to immediately RDM or Prop Kill you. I love to roleplay, particularly government (Presidential) roleplays as many of you know. Daley has it 100% to be absolutely honest.
(Jun 22, 2018, 10:01 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 22, 2018, 02:24 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Needs incentive. Sadly players don’t come here to roleplay. They come here to play cops and robbers and witchunt players on even the most minor rule breakages. If people kept these IC and put RP above rules, then we maybe would see more Passive RP.

Incentive such as?

M O N E Y

H I G H  R E P  R E W A R D S

I T E M S  T H A T  C A N  O N L Y  B E  C R A F T E D
(Jun 22, 2018, 06:17 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 22, 2018, 10:01 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]

Incentive such as?

M O N E Y

It was approved yesterday to add a monetary reward for REPs

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...age-4.html
(Jun 22, 2018, 06:29 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 22, 2018, 06:17 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 22, 2018, 10:01 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]Incentive such as?

M O N E Y

It was approved yesterday to add a monetary reward for REPs

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...age-4.html

Money shouldn’t be a reward for REPs. By money, I mean make it profitable eithout having to jack up the prices up to 200%
More encouragement, incentive and support for player run clans would be a decent start in my opinion.

As someone who has run 2 large entirely passive clans with about 10 members each I can say it is not easy at all to start and manage, especially as a player though they were some of my favorite roleplay memories. People are far more drawn to admin owned clans, for obvious reasons.
Give more incentive to clans that properly roleplay and remove incentives to those who don't. Give more privileges to player run clans that roleplay consistently and reach certain milestones like member counts.

Proper clan roleplay NEEDS to be encouraged and we need to discourage these abysmal minge clans with no other interest than to base with contra and shoot everything that moves.

Passive clans especially don't receive the attention they need. Unfortunately the economy is absolutely tanked because of contraband and the groups like the old builder clans have no real objective anymore.
(Jun 22, 2018, 03:49 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]The main issues in my opinion are:
No persistent characters

Permanent Character System with Separate Inventories [Approved]

Users by default would have access to create (3) characters // Membership perk should allow for additional characters
Separated inventories that you cannot co-mingle items/money between as you gain these through different types of role-playing.
The reason the economy has an issue isn't that there is too much money but rather that it's all in one place. I can earn my money growing drugs, printing money and then go buy the Police Interceptor. Different characters, different wallets. 
Maybe there will be a way to Wire Transfer money between bank accounts, even if they're your own, but this may have a delay/fee. Maybe you'll do it through a Middle Man Service that charges a lower fee.
Permanent Characters opens the door to larger IC consequences that will extend beyond one server session (Prison, Character Relationships/Conflicts, Legal Issues, Injury/Death)
You'll play your character and you won't be able to change your character, whether that be their name or physical attributes, as easily as you can now.

Small Business Update [Approved]

We need to bring back updates to PassiveRP and I believed these to be some of the additions that would spark interest in a now stale part of the GM.

On top of this, we'd likely need to see a re-imagination of the currently pointless Clan System and instead opt for a more realistic approach and create a system that allows you to create Business Types (Proprietorship, Partnership, LLC, Corporation) with their own respective perks/purpose and costs. Additionally, maybe you'd opt for something less formal and would prefer to form a Faction/Group - this should be possible and this simply wouldn't offer perks that owning a business might. The reason to PassiveRP shouldn't be to get a REP to unlock the next pointless achievement but instead, offer a fulfilling in-game experience that maybe has its own financial perks. Running a business that conducts illegal activities on the side should face IC consequences that may include severe fines or legal proceedings. 

Housing Updates [Approved]

What's the point of owning property in-game besides having a secure place to conduct illegal activity?
We need to start branching out ideas of how to incorporate RP back into the bedroom.

Working Kitchen Appliances to cook food, craftable furniture items, built-in appliances in some properties to give them value, a built-in system that allows you to rent/lease property.
Have a closet item that can only be placed in your home and make it a place where you can outfit your character with clothes/accessories that you already have purchased.

Additionally, properties have value to them and as such there should be a property tax system so you might actually utilize different areas because of their financial cost. Maybe Slums might be the right place for someone that just moved to town.

Revamp Money Printers

If you read the suggestion, you'll see how much more interactive it is over the current F1 Purchase-and-Earn level of interaction.
Pressing 'E' is not interaction and waiting for a few cycles before seeing a return on investment isn't a practical level of risk. 
These same points have been made by pretty much everyone in the community a million times already, but it seems that LL's higherups only have new fancy updates and features in mind.

Basically contrawhoring on a new level.

Only one thing will work, though. SeriousRP. Turn LL into SeriousRP. Lose the 'semi'. If you've ever played on HL2RP on Neb you'll see that the quality and seriousness of RP is a million times higher. 

The threat of a permanent kill (both of inventory, finance and character) gives incentive to roleplay properly. Currently nothing is special, because it can't be lost.
(Jun 23, 2018, 08:28 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]These same points have been made by pretty much everyone in the community a million times already, but it seems that LL's higherups only have new fancy updates and features in mind.

Basically contrawhoring on a new level.

Only one thing will work, though. SeriousRP. Turn LL into SeriousRP. Lose the 'semi'. If you've ever played on HL2RP on Neb you'll see that the quality and seriousness of RP is a million times higher. 

The threat of a permanent kill (both of inventory, finance and character) gives incentive to roleplay properly. Currently nothing is special, because it can't be lost.
Until you get straight up murdered and all you get is constant whining in OOC.
Pages: 1 2 3