Limelight Forums

Full Version: Philippines is run by a maniac.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Duterte is an apathetic little maniac. 

What do you think?
I mean this apathetic little maniac changed more things to the good than the corrupt mess that called himself a president before Duterte.
(Jun 20, 2018, 04:13 PM)T-Bone Wrote: [ -> ]I mean this apathetic little maniac changed more things to the good than the corrupt mess that called himself a president before Duterte.

Let me just remind you that this guy has ordered the deaths of hundreds of drug-related criminals/innocent people. He himself is corrupt, reckless, scandalous and abuses his power.
No drug dealing in his country anymore.

He's a good man for me.
I mean under Aquino...nothing has changed. They were supporting the drug dealers in the prisons, aswell as spreading lies about Duterte. Media is bashing him in the way that he cant recover from that image they have given him. If he brings so much bad things to the Filipinos why does he have so many supporters?
You don't solve such problems by killing innocent people. I hope you know that you live with twisted mentalities if you're passively supporting someone like Duterte.

Drug dealers are not ethically wrong. Neither are drug addicts, who are also exposed to death. Would you like a leader that encourages the killing of innocent people, based on the slightest suspicion that they're tied with 'drugs' in any possible way? 

You can't remove drug distribution by killing off these people. There will always be a demand, and especially in a completely broken country like the Philippines. 9000 people were killed in his first year of presidency, regardless if they were users or dealers. Looking away from that, when is state-sanctioned murder ever alright? Why should they play god? Why haven't their drug problem improved? Why has a country like Portugal improved massively, just by using decriminalization and destigmatization of drug users?

Duterte is an inhumane Hitler-figure.
I found this excerpt of an article to be quite interesting:

Quote:Smart policies for addressing drug retail markets look very different than the violence and state-sponsored crime President Duterte has thrust upon the Philippines.

Rather than state-sanctioned extrajudicial killings and mass incarceration, policing retail markets should have several objectives:
The first, and most important, is to make drug retail markets as non-violent as possible. Duterte’s policy does just the opposite: in slaughtering people, it is making a drug-distribution market that was initially rather peaceful (certainly compared to Latin America,[14] such as in Brazil[15]) very violent – this largely the result of the state actions, extrajudicial killings, and vigilante killings he has ordered.
Worse yet, the police and extrajudicial killings hide other murders, as neighbors and neighborhood committees put on the list of drug suspects their rivals and people whose land or property they want to steal; thus, anyone can be killed by anyone and then labeled a pusher.

The unaccountable en masse prosecution of anyone accused of drug trade involvement or drug use also serves as a mechanism to squash political pluralism and eliminate political opposition. Those who dare challenge President Duterte and his reprehensible policies are accused of drug trafficking charges and arrested themselves.
The most prominent case is that of Senator Leila de Lima. But it includes many other lower-level politicians. Without disclosing credible evidence or convening a fair trial, President Duterte has ordered the arrest of scores of politicians accused of drug-trade links; three such accused mayors have died during police arrests, often with many other individuals dying in the shoot-outs. The latest such incident occurred on July 30, 2017 when Reynaldo Parojinog, mayor of Ozamiz in the southern Philippines, was killed during a police raid on his house, along with Parojinog’s wife and at least five other people.

Another crucial goal of drug policy should be to enhance public health and limit the spread of diseases linked to drug use. The worst possible policy is to push addicts into the shadows, ostracize them, and increase the chance of overdoses as well as a rapid spread of HIV/AIDS, drug-resistant tuberculosis, and hepatitis. In prisons, users will not get adequate treatment for either their addiction or their communicable disease. That is the reason why other countries that initially adopted similar draconian wars on drugs (such as Thailand in 2001 and Vietnam in the same decade) eventually tried to backpedal from them, despite the initial popularity of such policies with publics in East Asia. Even though throughout East Asia, tough drug policies toward drug use and the illegal drug trade remain government default policies and often receive widespread support, countries, such as Thailand, Vietnam, and even Myanmar have gradually begun to experiment with or are exploring HARM reduction approaches, such as safe needle exchange programs and methadone maintenance, as the ineffective and counterproductive nature and human rights costs of the harsh war on drugs campaign become evident.
Moreover, frightening and stigmatizing drug users and pushing use deeper underground will only exacerbate the spread of infectious diseases, such as HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and tuberculosis. Even prior to the Duterte’s brutal war on drugs, the rate of HIV infections in the Philippines has been soaring due to inadequate awareness and failure to support safe sex practices, such as access to condoms. Along with Afghanistan, the Philippine HIV infection rate is the highest in Asia, increasing 50 percent between 2010 and 2015.
Among high-risk groups, including injection- drug users, gay men, transgender women, and female prostitutes, the rate of new infections jumped by 230 percent between 2011 and 2015. Duterte’s war on drugs will only intensify these worrisome trends among drug users.

Further, as Central America has painfully learned in its struggles against street gangs, mass incarceration policies turn prisons into recruiting grounds for organized crime. Given persisting jihadi terrorism in the Philippines, mass imprisonment of low-level dealers and drug traffickers which mix them with terrorists in prisons can result in the establishment of dangerous alliances between terrorists and criminals, as has happened in Indonesia.
The mass killings and imprisonment in the Philippines will not dry up demand for drugs: the many people who will end up in overcrowded prisons and poorly-designed treatment centers (as is already happening) will likely remain addicted to drugs, or become addicts. There is always drug smuggling into prisons and many prisons are major drug distribution and consumption spots.
Even when those who surrendered are placed into so-called treatment centers, instead of outright prisons, large problems remain. Many who surrendered do not necessarily have a drug abuse problem as they surrendered preemptively to avoid being killed if they for whatever reason ended up on the watch list. Those who do have a drug addiction problem mostly do not receive adequate care. Treatment for drug addiction is highly underdeveloped and underprovided in the Philippines, and China’s rushing in to build larger treatment facilities is unlikely to resolve this problem. In China itself, many so-called treatment centers often amounted to de facto prisons or force-labor detention centers, with highly questionable methods of treatment and very high relapse rates.
As long as there is demand, supply and retailing will persist, simply taking another form. Indeed, there is a high chance that Duterte’s hunting down of low-level pushers (and those accused of being pushers) will significantly increase organized crime in the Philippines and intensify corruption. The dealers and traffickers who will remain on the streets will only be those who can either violently oppose law enforcement and vigilante groups or bribe their way to the highest positions of power. By eliminating low-level, mostly non-violent dealers, Duterte is paradoxically and counterproductively setting up a situation where more organized and powerful drug traffickers and distribution will emerge.
(Jun 20, 2018, 04:55 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]You don't solve such problems by killing innocent people. I hope you know that you live with twisted mentalities if you're passively supporting someone like Duterte.

Drug dealers are not ethically wrong. Neither are drug addicts, who are also exposed to death. Would you like a leader that encourages the killing of innocent people, based on the slightest suspicion that they're tied with 'drugs' in any possible way? 

You can't remove drug distribution by killing off these people. There will always be a demand, and especially in a completely broken country like the Philippines. 9000 people were killed in his first year of presidency, regardless if they were users or dealers. Looking away from that, when is state-sanctioned murder ever alright? Why should they play god? Why haven't their drug problem improved? Why has a country like Portugal improved massively, just by using decriminalization and destigmatization of drug users?

That is not even close to true. Drug dealers earn their money by ruining peoples lives or even taking them if the use of the drug can end up fatal. It has, the media is only covering the terrible things that arent even correct. The media wants to throw off Duterte because they are puppets of the old presidency.
(Jun 20, 2018, 06:41 PM)T-Bone Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 20, 2018, 04:55 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]You don't solve such problems by killing innocent people. I hope you know that you live with twisted mentalities if you're passively supporting someone like Duterte.

That is not even close to true. Drug dealers earn their money by ruining peoples lives or even taking them if the use of the drug can end up fatal. It has, the media is only covering the terrible things that arent even correct. The media wants to throw off Duterte because they are puppets of the old presidency.

"Drug dealers earn their money by ruining peoples lives". Okay, tell me how that is any different from an IRS agent. 

Drug dealers earn their money by dealing drugs. That's it. That's their intent. It's like saying a store ruin
lives because it sells knives, and those can be fatal if utilized incorrectly. However, misinforming a country and killing off drug dealers only fuels a violent war between all involved parties.

And please tell me you're joking with the last sentence. They have not a single shred of incentive to misinform. And yes, of course they want to throw off Duterte, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the last presidency;. Wanna hear the secret?

Duterte is a terrible person.

I mean...
An IRS/HMRC agent doesn't get me addicted to crack of meth which both damages my body, mental and financial situation.
I'd rather be fucked financially then get addicted to a drug and ruin my life completely.

In addition in recent years, drug dealers have got they're hands on cheap opoids; which are similar to the affects of meth (IIRC) but a lot cheaper. These 2 grams of the stuff can kill you.

So yeah I'd say drug dealers do ruin peoples lives. Unless they're just selling weed or something.
(Jun 20, 2018, 09:59 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ] 
I mean...
An IRS/HMRC agent doesn't get me addicted to crack of meth which both damages my body, mental and financial situation.
I'd rather be fucked financially then get addicted to a drug and ruin my life completely.

In addition in recent years, drug dealers have got they're hands on cheap opoids; which are similar to the affects of meth (IIRC) but a lot cheaper. These 2 grams of the stuff can kill you.

So yeah I'd say drug dealers do ruin peoples lives. Unless they're just selling weed or something.

Did you even read my text? It's not the drug dealers fault that this happens.

Take a look at the Alcohol prohibition in the US. Alcohol was distilled to its limits, and high-proof alcohol quickly spread out, as it's easier to move one liter of strong product than 10 liters of 1/10 the concentration. Same goes for the drug war. Carfentanil/fentanyl and other opioid analogues (and stimulant/cannabinoid rc's) are made to circumvent these problems, not because the dealers thought it'd be fun to kill their users.

Drug dealers aren't the ones ruining lives - it's yourself. You got addicted in the first place, and it's your responsibility to stop. It'd be like blaming the IRS agent on your own self-induced financial problems.

I also find it extremely amusing that you say 'cheap opioids' are similar to methamphetamine, despite them essentially being opposites. And 2 grams of any compound is typically a heavy overdose, especially considering that these opioids (Fentanyl/carfentanil) have average dosage in the micrograms.

Educating people on harm reduction and decriminalizing/legalizing drugs would help a lot on these problems. The current stigma that people have against drugs, is what empowers the drug problem.

The stigma and miseducation that e.g. people like you have. All of your opinions are pure assumptions and prejudice, nothing factual.

You do realise that the drug dealers get the people hooked on the drug so they can make money off them?
These aren't just drug dealers that are being killed, it's drug users as well. Kinda fucked to see extrajudicial killings being ay-okay with people. Especially those who live in countries with due process.
(Jun 20, 2018, 10:19 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 20, 2018, 09:59 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ] 
I mean...

Did you even read my text? It's not the drug dealers fault that this happens.

Take a look at the Alcohol prohibition in the US. Alcohol was distilled to its limits, and high-proof alcohol quickly spread out, as it's easier to move one liter of strong product than 10 liters of 1/10 the concentration. Same goes for the drug war. Carfentanil/fentanyl and other opioid analogues (and stimulant/cannabinoid rc's) are made to circumvent these problems, not because the dealers thought it'd be fun to kill their users.

Drug dealers aren't the ones ruining lives - it's yourself. You got addicted in the first place, and it's your responsibility to stop. It'd be like blaming the IRS agent on your own self-induced financial problems.

I also find it extremely amusing that you say 'cheap opioids' are similar to methamphetamine, despite them essentially being opposites. And 2 grams of any compound is typically a heavy overdose, especially considering that these opioids (Fentanyl/carfentanil) have average dosage in the micrograms.

Educating people on harm reduction and decriminalizing/legalizing drugs would help a lot on these problems. The current stigma that people have against drugs, is what empowers the drug problem.

The stigma and miseducation that e.g. people like you have. All of your opinions are pure assumptions and prejudice, nothing factual.

[Image: dQJuS0Nt_R0?t=12m46s]https://youtu.be/dQJuS0Nt_R0?t=12m46s

Yeah, I heavily disagree with you.
(Jun 20, 2018, 10:51 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]These aren't just drug dealers that are being killed, it's drug users as well. Kinda fucked to see extrajudicial killings being ay-okay with people. Especially those who live in countries with due process.

Yeah I do think it's kinda backwards, you don't solve the problem by killing them - You solve it by setting up clinics and de-criminalising drug use and instead of punishing them, help the drug users. I'm pretty sure it was used in Portugal and it worked.

However with the Philippines being a LIC, they may not be able to afford to set up drug clinics and thus they result to extreme consequences to try and turn people away from drugs - but at the end of the day addiction is addiction and it's hard to stop that.
Pages: 1 2