Limelight Forums

Full Version: Problem with my headset microphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So for over 10 days now Ive had an issue with my microphone where no sounds gets through, my PC detects the microphone however no sounds gets through. I have tried my microphone on my phone and it worked there I also tried numerous other mics in my PC and they didn't work. Here are what I have done so far;

-Reinstalled my PC and upgraded to windows 10
-Reinstalled all drivers
-Bought an external soundcard so my headset connects from 2 3.5mm jacks to 1 USB
-Tried numerous other mics on my PC
-Tried all ports in my PC

Also wanna add that the headset sound works perfectly, its only the mic that doesnt work. Anyone know a possible fix?
Have you tried setting the headset as a default devices?
(Jun 17, 2018, 10:50 AM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried setting the headset as a default devices?

I have checked all settings and I have put it as default.

1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound
  2. Under "Devices and Printers" find "Device Manager"
  3. Double click "Device Manager"
  4. Open the "Audio inputs and outputs" tab
  5. Right click on your microphone
  6. Check if it is displaying any errors
  7. Update drivers
(Jun 17, 2018, 11:52 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound
  2. Under "Devices and Printers" find "Device Manager"
  3. Double click "Device Manager"
  4. Open the "Audio inputs and outputs" tab
  5. Right click on your microphone
  6. Check if it is displaying any errors
  7. Update drivers

Done that numerous times, no results :/
I'd recommend posting to r/TechSupport on reddit too.
They usually find out what's the issue.
(Jun 17, 2018, 12:19 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend posting to r/TechSupport on reddit too.
They usually find out what's the issue.

I’ll check it out thanks quest!
What headset do you currently have?
(Jun 17, 2018, 01:04 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]What headset do you currently have?

Steelseries siberia V2
(Jun 17, 2018, 01:04 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]What headset do you currently have?

I don't think it's an issue with his headset due to the fact that he said he has tried multiple microphones.
However, if it is a USB headset that may be why;
I've had issues with USB Headsets and Microphones on my old computer but they just eventually worked after unplugging, plugging back in etc.
[Image: W4v7Dsn.png]
Have you tried turning the levels up in properties?
(Jun 17, 2018, 01:17 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ][Image: W4v7Dsn.png]
Have you tried turning the levels up in properties?

Again, he tried different mics and each default to 50 on the level I think.

Have you tested the microphones levels outside of Steam? Perhaps it's a steam issue and you need to navigate to your settings and fix it there. It recognises it as a microphone and all other sound works, and it's not the only mic that's not working, so it's not a problem with the microphones themselves which is also proved by them working in a phone. All OS settings have been changed properly by the looks of it so the only thing I can think of is Steam.

On your task bar, where the time and date is, there should be a drop down button which shows your opened background applications. Right click on the steam icon and click settings. You should see one called "Voice". Change your input device and see if that works.
If you have a soundcard, try to update the drivers for it.

Also, apologies, did you say Windows is recognising the microphone but it's not transmitting for some reason?
Here's a few methods to try:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.
Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 8.1
a. Press “Windows Key + W”.
b. Then type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.
c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
d. Select “Playing Audio” under Sound option.
e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Follow these steps:
a. Close all back applications, especially, Sound Recorder or other multimedia applications.
b. At Windows Start Tile screen, move the cursor or touch lower right screen & bring out the "Search" function.
c. At the "Search" panel, look for "Control Panel" and then launch it.
d. At the "Control Panel", look for "Sound" and then launch it.
e. Click on the Recording tab.
f. Select the recording source, for example, Line In 2/Mic 2, and then click Set Default. Recording device will be marked with a green tick mark.
g. Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click Properties, and then click on Levels.

[Source]
Pages: 1 2 3