Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Feedback - Summer 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's that time of year again folks - Staff feedback survey time!

The last feedback thread was nearly a year ago, and with plans in the works, it's a very good time to gather data to aid in future administration processes, in addition to providing individual feedback on what current admins are doing well/negatively.

This feedback is slightly different to the normal ones on the following basis:
  1. We're focusing on qualities of administration rather than individual scenarios and issues.
  2. We're looking for what's being done positively AND negatively. Simply providing negative feedback isn't much help, as knowing what administrative qualities are seen as good to the community is equally, if not more important. 

So as usual, please read the following prior to giving any feedback:
  • Please do not comment on activity - It simply provides nothing useful as this information is already known to Human Resources.
  • Please comment on the positive aspects AND the negative aspects of each administration style.
  • Please provide feedback for as many staff as possible. Understandably you may not see much of certain staff, but providing any information, even if only their forum posts is more constructive than simply saying 'Inactive'. 
  • Please do not break forum rules (I.e harassment, insulting for the sake of insulting etc) when making any feedback.
  • And finally, please be honest and objective as possible.

As per the norm, results of this survey will not be made public for privacy reasons, however will be shared internally and used by HR to reform future administration practices on the server.

On behalf of the team on Limelight, I say thank you for taking the time providing as detailed feedback as you can and helping strengthen the team, and the community for the future.

Deadline for submission : 23:59 GMT June 25th

All feedback is anonymous.

Please click here to start your Feedback
time to shitpost
Done, tried to be as reasonable as possible
You're fucked
Does this actually make a difference? Staff situation stills seems to be a shitshow after my 8-month ban is over. Nothing has changed lmao. If anything its got worse. What is the actual point?

(Jun 16, 2018, 11:31 PM)Scrotonium Wrote: [ -> ]Does this actually make a difference? Staff situation stills seems to be a shitshow after my 8-month ban is over. Nothing has changed lmao. If anything its got worse. What is the actual point?

Personally I know I didn't hold back with those who, personally, arent doing a good enough job. But still credited those that did.
It doesn’t really do anything in the long run . From my experience it’s just allowing people to trash talk or ass lick others. The amount of constructive criticism is small, but is always ignored.
I mean it provides information to let us know how we’re doing. 

It also has a key benefit of knowing what qualities are desired in staff, and that can be taught to new moderators shaping the team in the long haul 

Equally provides a way to provide feedback without being tainted without being tainted with the fear of repercussion/ruining relationship with potential friends. 

But Soviets right in that most feedback isn’t constructive. And that is a waste of time. Simply saying ‘x staff is shit, biased corrupt etc’ doesn’t actually mean anything without expansion and/or examples. Elaboration amd objectivity is key to make this feedback even remotely useful. Simply ranting ken spamming comments doesnt actually cbange anythih, and it’s snot even an inconvenience to us as it’s ifnored. Unsubstantiated criticism is useless.
(Jun 17, 2018, 01:23 AM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it provides information to let us know how we’re doing. 

It also has a key benefit of knowing what qualities are desired in staff, and that can be taught to new moderators shaping the team in the long haul 

Equally provides a way to provide feedback without being tainted without being tainted with the fear of repercussion/ruining relationship with potential friends. 

But Soviets right in that most feedback isn’t constructive. And that is a waste of time. Simply saying ‘x staff is shit, biased corrupt etc’ doesn’t actually mean anything without expansion and/or examples. Elaboration amd objectivity is key to make this feedback even remotely useful. Simply ranting ken spamming comments doesnt actually cbange anythih, and it’s snot even an inconvenience to us as it’s ifnored. Unsubstantiated criticism is useless.

Perhaps if the staff were active we could provide constructive criticism. We cant provide an opinion if we don't see them lmao.
(Jun 16, 2018, 09:26 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]You're fucked

Could've been you if you didn't ditch us, George.

Pls come back :c
The feedback here does help somewhat but the changes we make based on it are really dependent on the quality of the feedback. There are a couple of good, detailed responses that help us pinpoint what the key problems are and what the potential solutions may be, but a lot of it is either purely positive or purely negative. While it's still good to see what people think, this type of polar feedback isn't hugely helpful unfortunately. It's nice to see purely positive posts but it doesn't help us improve much, except in knowing what we're doing well. Likewise, negative posts with no proposed solutions or specific details aren't of much help either - we get a general idea but it doesn't tell us much more than a quick browse of the forums would.

That being said, those responses which do strike a good balance and which propose workable solutions are really fantastic to see, and those can potentially help a lot.

Also, in regards to last year's feedback - we did make some internal changes based on it, in particular starting to tackle clan bias (both perceived and real). I can't go into too much detail on this as I'm not HR, but I did see some notable changes being made. Feedback further regarding clans might actually be particularly important, as we're exploring some updates but when it comes to new dev changes I like to see that the admin/mod teams are in a stable place first, and work with HR on this. As an example, for some near-future upcoming updates we've had in the works for quite a long time, I'm holding off on release on those until new staff is in place to adequately monitor the server as some updates may not work well without good staff activity or risks of clan bias. This was actually a major reason we got the new trial mod system, with the help of HR and a couple admins who really put in some strong effort to plan it out rapidly. More current feedback on clan bias, activity, etc. might help me to make more informed development release decisions, and HR to make more informed admin team decisions.
(Jun 17, 2018, 04:40 AM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2018, 09:26 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]You're fucked

Could've been you if you didn't ditch us, George.

Pls come back :c

If he comes back he can reclaim he record as longest moderator from Toxic