Limelight Forums

Full Version: Make beanbag shotgun accessible to the public
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain: Add a way for civilians to buy and equip the beanbag shotgun
Why: The BB shottie isn't really used by government. It could also make ownership of some guns not kill-or-be-killed but more of a "I can KO you from my balcony, now clear off" sort of message, meaning a defence shotgun could be viable. Also it never really gave government an advantage, it can't breach, it's can't leave someone permanently out of action. The only advantage is if someone is running then you can get them from taser range as well as keep full FearRP.
+Support

I’d honestly like to see it get rid of the Tranq Rifle. It’s a bit more fair and would be a little (and I stress this) realistic.
+support

I'm with Gungranny, get replace tranq with beanbag.  More realistic as tranq rifles are rarely found outside of wildlife related locations.
-Support

The Beanbag Shotgun is in constant use by the government both in real life and in-game. I frequently use(d) it whenever I went SWAT, that I know for sure.

It gives the police a HUGE advantage as it's like shooting a tranq rifle 4 times at the same time.
(Jun 15, 2018, 08:52 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

I’d honestly like to see it get rid of the Tranq Rifle. It’s a bit more fair and would be a little (and I stress this) realistic.

This would imbalance things more than what they already are. Tranqs are fair and balanced as they are. You get tranqed, you have a few seconds to say it in your radio or push your distress key or whatever, then you're out for 20 seconds or so. There's nothing wrong with it and frankly, it's a great weapon to have in your arsenal when combatting against 7 - 10 law enforcement.

- Support for this whole tranq rubbish
+ Support for the OP
-support

what is this bs
(Jun 15, 2018, 11:01 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

This would imbalance things more than what they already are. Tranqs are fair and balanced as they are. You get tranqed, you have a few seconds to say it in your radio or push your distress key or whatever, then you're out for 20 seconds or so. There's nothing wrong with it and frankly, it's a great weapon to have in your arsenal when combatting against 7 - 10 law enforcement.

+ Support for the OP

Tranq Rifle:

Infinite Range.
Tranq always knocks out for 20+ seconds.
-10 second window before tranqed. At that time you are also out of stamina.

Beanbag Shotgun:

VERY small effective range.
Beanbag shotgun knocks out from 1-15 seconds depending on where it hits the player.
Has a chance to fail.
No window before knocked out.

Tell me how a tranq is balanced when it literally has a 100% chance to KO a target for a prolonged amount of time compared to a weapon that has a limited chance to knock out a target for an unknown amount of time that requires you to get close?

And yea, it is good against 7-10 cops. All you have to do is sit in cover, pick one off with a tranq, then shoot the defenseless body.
+support

Could be a nice step away from the tranquilizer.

Quote:i t  c a n ' t  l e a v e  s o m e o n e  p e r m a n e n t l y  o u t  o f  a c t i o n.
hundred bucks says it can

To add to Gungranny-

The Tranq sniper is COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC.
THEY ARE NOT USED ON HUMANS.
Due to the difficulties with tranquilizer dosing, and easily fatal consequnces for screwing up dosing, plus the fact that it doesn't kick in instantly, tranquilizer darts are not used on humans.
(Jun 16, 2018, 03:58 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]The Tranq sniper is COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC.

Almost as unrealistic as law enforcement being able to equip sniper rifles or a bean-bag shotgun that is able to knock you unconscious considering they mainly only inflict pain and are used as a less lethal alternative to subdue an individual into surrendering.

I think Tranquilizer Rifles have their place in CityRP, imo. Maybe they're not the most realistic thing but I think they enable certain role-play situations to occur that wouldn't be possible without them, such as snatch and grab kidnappings to knocking someone unconscious from afar before a property raid. I'd reckon that we should simply make them more coveted - increasing their price and making them a craftable weapon, similar to the M249, along with making the tranquilizer darts far more tedious to manufacture and making them something you wouldn't get from a Gun Dealer but rather have to be produced from components that you'd purchase from the BMD along with Nitrazepam. 

If I need to knock someone out - I'd rather not have to have a ridiculous dance-off with them as I spam a bean-bag shotgun which can be heard for miles.
+support for replacing it with tranq rifle, but not 125k for 5, 20k or 30k may be good.
(Jun 16, 2018, 01:11 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2018, 11:01 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

+ Support for the OP

Tranq Rifle:

Infinite Range.

Beanbag Shotgun:

Beanbag shotgun knocks out from 1-15 seconds depending on where it hits the player.
Has a chance to fail.

Tell me how a tranq is balanced when it literally has a 100% chance to KO a target for a prolonged amount of time compared to a weapon that has a limited chance to knock out a target for an unknown amount of time that requires you to get close?

And yea, it is good against 7-10 cops. All you have to do is sit in cover, pick one off with a tranq, then shoot the defenseless body.

Tranq rifle is NOT infinite range.

Beanbag shotgun has a MEDIUM range and I have NEVER had it fail.
(Jun 16, 2018, 04:37 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2018, 03:58 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]The Tranq sniper is COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC.

Almost as unrealistic as law enforcement being able to equip sniper rifles or a bean-bag shotgun that is able to knock you unconscious considering they mainly only inflict pain and are used as a less lethal alternative to subdue an individual into surrendering.

I think Tranquilizer Rifles have their place in CityRP, imo. Maybe they're not the most realistic thing but I think they enable certain role-play situations to occur that wouldn't be possible without them, such as snatch and grab kidnappings to knocking someone unconscious from afar before a property raid. I'd reckon that we should simply make them more coveted - increasing their price and making them a craftable weapon, similar to the M249, along with making the tranquilizer darts far more tedious to manufacture and making them something you wouldn't get from a Gun Dealer but rather have to be produced from components that you'd purchase from the BMD along with Nitrazepam. 

If I need to knock someone out - I'd rather not have to have a ridiculous dance-off with them as I spam a bean-bag shotgun which can be heard for miles.

Let's be honest here, you can become a sniper in the police force IRL and the beanbag shotguns make you unconscious as there is no better way in CityRP to simulate being knocked out.
+Support 
For 's idea on replacing the 'Tranq Sniper' for the 'Bean Bag Shotgun'
for'
(Jun 16, 2018, 11:03 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2018, 01:11 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2018, 11:01 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]This would imbalance things more than what they already are. Tranqs are fair and balanced as they are. You get tranqed, you have a few seconds to say it in your radio or push your distress key or whatever, then you're out for 20 seconds or so. There's nothing wrong with it and frankly, it's a great weapon to have in your arsenal when combatting against 7 - 10 law enforcement.

+ Support for the OP

Tranq Rifle:

Infinite Range.

Beanbag Shotgun:

Has a chance to fail.

Tranq rifle is NOT infinite range.

Beanbag shotgun has a MEDIUM range and I have NEVER had it fail.

Infinite range being view distance of the player my b.

And there is a chance for the shotgun to fail. It won’t work everytime. This will be mostly due to where and how far you hit the target. And I wouldn’t call it effective at medium ranges. If you aren’t within 3 car lengths of the target, you are just gonna do physical damage or knock out for 3 seconds.
Pages: 1 2