Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove/disable Media Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Remove/Disable media player from ingame due to it causing lag

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Causing lag and has been confirmed by devs

Bug Report
How else will me and @“26'” have our rock raves Sad

-Support
ya +support

its useless anyway jus play music on spotify or somethin

or if u want others to hear ur tunes just play it thru ur mic
(Jun 10, 2018, 02:01 AM)Pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]ya +support

Not everyone wants to use a VAC
(Jun 10, 2018, 02:02 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]

Not everyone wants to use a VAC

then they cant play music!!!! end of!!!!

i thought u left??? so how will any of this effect u???????

plus support
(Jun 10, 2018, 02:40 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

i thought u left??? so how will any of this effect u???????

plus support

quiet sir! my vote will change the world!
Gonna have to neutral support here. The media player actually helps greatly during some roleplay situations. E.g. it worked very well when I was trying to do a police academy class and was able to support that class with a video that connected to it perfectly. Maybe there are other ways to keep video playback like this in the server but without losing any FPS/inducing any lag?
(Jun 10, 2018, 03:43 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]neutral support

Sir, no such thing as neutral support, as the word "support" carries in and on itself the unalienable meaning of taking a side.

OT: Neutral (since I left already for good)
maybe don't click E on a TV then??

-support
I dont exactly see how this could be affecting you? Its all clientside and requires you the player to go up to the item and hit E on it to activate.

It does not operate like the old TV security cameras where each screen produced a live footage feed, causeing a rendering feedback loop.

-Support
(Jun 10, 2018, 07:22 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]maybe don't click E on a TV then??

-support

It's when someone clicks request URL.
(Jun 10, 2018, 07:51 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I dont exactly see how this could be affecting you? Its all clientside and requires you the player to go up to the item and hit E on it to activate.

It does not operate like the old TV security cameras where each screen produced a live footage feed, causeing a rendering feedback loop.

-Support

I'm not totally sure how it's creating lag.
(Jun 10, 2018, 03:43 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna have to neutral support here. The media player actually helps greatly during some roleplay situations. E.g. it worked very well when I was trying to do a police academy class and was able to support that class with a video that connected to it perfectly. Maybe there are other ways to keep video playback like this in the server but without losing any FPS/inducing any lag?

The issue is when 10 ish people are on and you get like a 1-2 seconds freezing that's the media player.

The amount of people who have died because of it and get pissed.
-support

The server lag you're experiencing is most likely not related to the media players.  See, not many players actually use the media players to begin with.  On average there are maybe 3-4 active at any given time, when 50ish people are on the server.  Contraband and weed cause more strain on the server averagely.  Not to mention the cars and the hundreds of collisions taking place across the map in any given minute with that volume.  Add in everyone's props, the bodybag ragdolls that just collect dust....

Plenty of things you could ask to be removed.  Hell, I'm sure UV lights cause more strain over all when you do the by volume ratios of use.
Pages: 1 2