Limelight Forums

Full Version: Out Of Memory. Can't play on the server at all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Loading in on the server causes an Out Of Memory error. Either with a 'Lua Panic' title or just a completely empty messagebox saying nothing but 'Out Of Memory'.

Could play fine this morning.
Have you tried verifying the game cache? To do so, right click on garrys mod  > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files.
(Jun 2, 2018, 01:37 PM)Boshine Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried verifying the game cache? To do so, right click on garrys mod  > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files.

Verifying game cache does not help. It's pretty much the 'have you tried restarting it' of steam games.
(Jun 2, 2018, 01:41 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 2, 2018, 01:37 PM)Boshine Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried verifying the game cache? To do so, right click on garrys mod  > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files.

Verifying game cache does not help. It's pretty much the 'have you tried restarting it' of steam games.

Have you tried it tho?
(Jun 2, 2018, 03:27 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 2, 2018, 01:41 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you tried it tho?

Yes of course I've tried it.
Quote:Despite what the error seems to suggest, it has nothing to do with needing more ram - this game can load on a toaster with 2gb of shared ram. It's caused by poorly coded addons using all available memory.

If I were you I'd try disabling certain workshop add-ons to figure out if there is one that may be causing the issue. I'd start with disabling Photon
(Jun 2, 2018, 06:42 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Despite what the error seems to suggest, it has nothing to do with needing more ram - this game can load on a toaster with 2gb of shared ram. It's caused by poorly coded addons using all available memory.

If I were you I'd try disabling certain workshop add-ons to figure out if there is one that may be causing the issue. I'd start with disabling Photon

The only addons I have installed are the ones the server uses. I'll check with Photon.
Its a problem with addons.
Do you mind taking a picture of your current addons.
Go to> C:\Program Files (x86)\>Steam\>steamapps\>common\>GarrysMod\>garrysmod\>addons

+What you need.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1338613151[url=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1338613151][/url]
Having a similar issue, another post was made about it but seems to be something with the existing Limelight set of content. Keep having random crashes and Gmod out of memory errors.
As a last resort - try disabling content packs of vehicles that you don't need. Vehicles that are rarely seen and you don't have a problem with them being an error for a bit.

Just see if reducing the # of content you have activated has an impact on your ability to join the server.
Restart your computer every now and again to clear the RAM. Close unnecessary programs. Navigate to the "startup" tab on task manager and disable what you don't use often, which stops them from booting up when your machine does. Those are my suggestions and tips.
How much RAM you currently have installed onto your motherboard, and if you know, what frequency do these run at?

Garry's Mod is a 32-bit game meaning it will only utilise 4GB of your RAM hence why may be getting these errors.
Really think it must be a server issue. Only ever crashes on Limelight and nowhere else. Numerous people having the same problem and I don't think mucking around in the Windows settings is going to really fix the problem.
I have just been sat on the AFK job not touching PC at all and I get a out of memory message.
If y’all actually read my reply, I stated that Garry’s Mod is a 32-bit game and so it will only use 4GB of your ram, hence the errors.
Pages: 1 2