Limelight Forums

Full Version: Salty Boi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Salty Boi Resignation and Leave

So, Salty Boi, Soviet, Soviethooves, Gun, Gungranny, Your Mom’s Best Lover, or Dildo Boi, whatever you call me, I’ll be resigning from my Teacher position and leaving the servers for a while. Why would such a magnificent, tactful, and wonderful to be around person such as myself want to leave the team? Well Billy, that’s a marvelous question that I will answer if you GIVE ME SOME FUCKING TIME TO EXPLAIN. K? Thx Billy.

THE TEAM
Firstly, I don’t care for the team and what it’s turned into right now. We are treated like a weird limbo state between staff (Oh boi Soviet, that’s a trigger word) and players. We are told that we are not to be treated higher than players, yet we are given leniency and the benefit of the doubt on the server, asked to be better examples of the community, and to use our powers to encourage RP. I mean, sorry to burst y’alls bubble, but if you give us this much responsibility, trust us more, and WANT us to be BETTER than most players, I think you’re asking us to be considered better than regular players.

My personal stance on the Teacher Team has always been either give them the tools needed to do what Staff can’t do as they’re busy and almost non-existent on the server (Event server powers, more tools to help others with RP, Enhancing RP’s with special commands, and other Staff tools used for not moderation, but enhancing the player’s experience) or don’t have the team at all. The Teacher Team has grown from what it used to be and THAT’S OK (Sorry, I know change is also a big trigger topic, but bear with me). Yes, it used to be mostly about helping others, but in time it has become more focused on making more RP opportunities for players. With that switch, we should be giving Teachers the tools they need to set up larger events or even mini-events on the server. But as it stands, no one like the idea of pushing the gap farther, even though the line has been crossed a while back. The Teacher Team has become a more useful role and takes a load off some staff when they need to focus on Moderation rather than welding something to a car, or setting down a light.

Pick a side. Give them the access to do their evolved duty, or dismantle the team. You don’t need a special team to do what should be encouraged in all players.

THE STAFF TEAM
Before your read this, know that this is my honest opinion of each Staff Team Member and WHY I feel this way. Even if what I say may be hurtful, don’t take it personally. This is just from the side I’ve seen of you over a computer. It isn’t like this is how you actually act. Right?

Temar - Honestly my dude, you were the coolest. I wished I saw you more as you had the leverage to make big changes that even you agreed on, but I never saw the effort put in to push for said changes.

Enzyme - Seriously, my man. You’ve been HR for the Staff Team for who knows how long. From the way I’ve seen staff members act before AND after my access to those areas, I have only seen you put your foot down maybe once or twice. You are the most lenient HR member I can think of and I honestly wish you were more strict with the guidelines you are meant to enforce.

Overlewd - You’ve only been HR for a bit, but I don’t really have an opinion of you in that position tbh. I honestly have nothing to say about you as I can’t think of a good OR bad time I’ve had with you.

Faustie - You do your job and you respond when available, although it may be delayed. You’re good in the position you’re in, but I wished to see you IG more often, but obviously I can’t push that on you as I don’t know your IRL situation.

26’ - This man. This FUCKING DUDE. 26 has by far been the best staff member I can think to have gotten to his position. He knows when to put his foot down and when to go easy on people, moderating and internally. He puts his opinion out there and stands by it 100%. This Canadian is the BEST administrator staff can have, and I hope one day he gets in a position that better fits his following of the rules and regulations of staff.

Bambo - You were cool at first. Once you got to Admin, you changed for the worst. You became irritating, acting like you always knew best, even in situations where you KNEW you were wrong. Your organization and leadership skills need work and I don’t believe you should hold the rank of Admin when you can barely keep the Media Team running correctly. Prove me wrong for the better. You got this far, now actually commit to being better.

Burnett - I got nothing for you man. You do you.

Daley - We didn’t get along most of the time. Granted I get where you came from. Some of the stuff you do as Clan Liaison is shady, but I can’t see the big picture. We’ve had our ups and downs, but in the end you’re a cool dude just tryin, I can see that from you stepping up in your Teacher Liaison position. Keep applying yourself to be a better staff member and leader. I know it ain’t much (Cuz it’s me am I right) but you’ve gained my respect for putting up with the shit that happens internally.

Doctor Internet - Internet is bae. LL will die without him.

Jono - Honestly neutral bro. I talked to you and sorted out my opinion with you, but as of now, you’re just kinda like “there” for me. Keep being a person Wink

Nacreas - I wish I saw you on more. You have good opinions of topics, but the lack of public appeal doesn’t help in your recent arguments.

Nightmare - You trying man, you trying. From what I’ve seen, you do a little more work publicly for the Teacher Team and seem to care when you give your opinion, but we got different ideas for LL’s future and that’s ok. I appreciate you.

Porg - Best car dealership. 10/10 abuse plz deamote

Termin - I have no fucking idea how you got Mod, let alone Admin man. I’m speechless (Not in a good way mind you).

Cameron - My boi here is a fucking sick Dev and we agree with each other on LL’s future. We need to talk man, it’s been a while.

Mathias - You were here and now you’re not. Where are you? We need you.

Noble - We need your skills. Don’t leave us again. Please.

PaulB - Most likely the laziest developer and worst RP’er I’ve seen gain a rank higher than Member. 1st, you release half-assed updates and when they need fixing, someone else has to cleanup your mess. 2nd, your RP skills are actual garbage. I mean, the green dumpster by Inner Shell has more RP value than you. Apply yourself when you’re on a RP server instead of sitting in a tower collecting contraband. And actually give a shit for your dev shit. Stop half-assing your job.

The Rock - You stole people’s work online and slightly altered in and took credit. Not only did you do this 4-5 times, but after you were warned you CONTINUED to do it until caught again. Not only this but you abuse tools IG. Your modelling is terrible (Unless someone else makes it for you) and should’ve been demoted a LONG time ago.

MrMarsh - Your first day didn’t start out well when you called a player “Retarded” in an staff sit, but hopefully you can recover from it. I hope your attitude issues that seemed to have been ignored in your promotion page adjusts to your position.

Roxas - I’m not gonna beat around the bush. You don’t deserve this position. You antagonize players in OOC, berate players trying to help other, and when approached with a rule breaker, you sometimes just laugh about the situation instead of doing your job. Leave the team.

Stell90 - I ain’t got nothing man. Just keep trying to better yourself.

Toxic - Are you aggressive? Yea. Are you active? A good bit. Are you tired of being a S1? I fucking bet. The staff team needs to decide on you. You are literally not able to do your job in what is essentially a “Pass or Fail” position, and I think after a year and a half, the staff team should have an answer by now.

LL’S DIRECTION
With the direction LL is going, I don’t want to be a part of it. We pride ourselves on being unique, yet when new content wishes to be added, the biggest argument is that we’re “Semi-Serious”. That is a TERRIBLE excuse for any suggestion. People have made very great suggestions for this community, but they’re shot down because they’re “too realistic” or “too DarkRP”. You know what I think? I think when players are leaving and complaining about the government having too much power, they need to be answered and assured the situation is being handled. When we take rules over a great RP, we are losing our point of being a RP server. When criminal players have to worry about every single action because the rules are stacked against them, we need to address the issue. LL has become a strict, rule enforcing witch hunt filled with players who worry more about getting someone in trouble over keeping it IC and just playing the game. The fact that the staff backs these actions doesn’t bode well for the future of LL.

I’ve been an asshole to a lot of people and I want all of you to know that I’m sorry if I hurt you in any way. I apologize for being the asshole guy who would be too hard on you or wouldn’t cooperate with you. I’m sorry to the players that believed I targeted them as a staff member. What I did was for what I believed to be the better action for players, not LL or the rules. I followed that course all the way up to Admin and down to player. Every single thing I did as a staff member was to help the players and I’m sorry to say that I wasn’t allowed to continue.

I’ll be around on the forums and sometimes on the server, but I will be gone for most of the time. I had a wonderful time here and will never forget it.
Too much truth in this thread, sad to see you go my dude. Enjoy your future!

ForceGhost

Goodbye buddy!

I think a lot of what you said holds true and it's a shame. It'll be different without having to put you on 0 decibels constantly. We've had our share of talks and disagreements over time but I think more recently we've been agreeing the majority of the time, especially with all the points raised in this thread.
don't leave me without giving my fishes back :c

tbh its sad to see you leave you were one of the best staff member i ever knew and i have a few.

Bye man
It's a shame you're leaving, and even more of a shame after type all that truth up that it'll probably get ignored as salty rantings by too many people
Have A Good One Dude.
Sad

Every time you came on and got triggered at someone, I always said to myself "This is why I love him".

Good luck Smile
True shit right here,

Farewell.
Don't know if what you said was entirely true or not, but it was interesting to read and somewhat enlightening I suppose.

see ya around
Was good being on the team with you all this time.

See ya Soviet.
It's sad to see you, you where one the funniest guys on here. But what you said about LL is true. This is why I'm hardly on the server no more. It's becoming just a "Server"
I've been waiting for this day ever since you ran around screaming "I'm pickle Rick"

Fr tho, this was an interesting look at the staff as a whole from an insiders perspective. Although we might not agree on the same stuff.

See ya.
As mentioned by Tails before, I guess this will be ignored and that's it. People who are against changes will just see this as another "rant" of some ex-staff member even tho most of what you've written is true in my opinion.

It is sad to see you leaving, I always liked you in some way I guess. Have a good one. I hope you will return in a while, Soviet.
Nothing but complete truth, this servers changed for the worst since 2015/2016. I like your honesty man
Bye, Soviet. Hopefully the server will be revamped with this thread in mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5