Limelight Forums

Full Version: Physgun on Contraband
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Allow people to be able to pick up drug labs and money printers with the physgun.
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Currently trying to move your contraband into a precise position is very tedious and annoying, enabling physgun use on them will make moving them much easier. It is already enabled on weed pots so why not contraband as well?
neutral  But I know for a fact there's gonna be people who mid raid will physgun their contraband into the middle of nowhere so you can't destroy it.
-Support
Makes it so you can freeze it into place so others can't steal it
Also not needed
(May 20, 2018, 11:06 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]-Support
Also not needed

Let's be real who steals it anyways? And can't freezing of objects be disabled?
Also not needed
+Support

Only if you can’t freeze them.
(May 20, 2018, 11:13 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
Also not needed

Let's be real who steals it anyways? And can't freezing of objects be disabled?

Is that really your argument?

Criminals steal contraband because it allows them to both extend the money that they'd get out of it and also earn additional profit from selling it back to the individual/group they stole it from.

Law enforcement can confiscate it to prevent it from being re-spawned - reducing crime on the streets.

Even if freezing it was disabled I don't think this is a big issue as I believe it's extremely easy to move and place with the hands as it is. If you can physgun it this only allows you to place it in normally unreachable areas.
Yes, using hands is a pain in the arse but physgun can be abused heavily.

-Support
-support, same way I feel about weed.  Shouldn't be able to freeze either of them.
Raided this joint and ended up running into their grow room only to be disappointed that I couldn't STEAL their pots. smh
Everyone is talking about how freezing contraband would ruin this concept of "stealing the contra". Once you steal contra and take money from it, the contraband stops working, rendering it useless. There is no point in trying to sell the contraband back, as all it takes it a 10 minute disconnect and your contraband is back in your inventory/out of the hands of the raider. Sure, this is against the rules, but people do it and you can't easily enforce this.

Admin: "Why did you disconnect?"
Player: "I was being shouted to do some chores, only took like 15 mins"
Like I said, not easily enforceable.

When cops raid, they destroy it to get their $250 bonus from destroying contraband, plus whatever money they can snag from inside the contraband. We all do it. Be honest.

+Support
I regularly make $5,000 - $10,000 simply selling a set of contraband back to its original owner.

Using a violation of the rules as your main point as to why stealing contraband is useless seems a tad unconventional and I myself, if found in this situation, would find it fairly easy to get this person facing a serious issue considering it's pretty easy to determine if a person is disconnecting after you address that you're open to selling it back to them - only for them to reconnect 'X' amount of minutes later after their refusal.

It should be up to law enforcement to decide what they do with contraband, whether this be taking the money and destroying the contraband or as  has done on multiple occasions - confiscate it and condemn the building.

I fail to see the logic you are attempting to persuade us with... considering the entire risk of having contraband isn't that it's destroyed but that it's stolen. That'd remove an entire aspect to Gang vs. Gang conflicts and removes a huge risk in having contraband down. Nobody is concerned about someone destroying their contraband, however, having it stolen is an entirely different scenario considering they won't be able to re-spawn it and immediately continue to earn an income.
Sometimes I steal contraband to make a point.  Then again, if I'm raiding you, someone living there had to have done something to really deserve it in the first place.  Typically I have no intention on selling it back to the user, instead I hide and keep it for as long as I can as a form of in character punishment.  You think trying to find your car is bad, try finding all seven pieces of your contraband.  That is real fuckery right there.

Also I'm not above hostaging the person I stole it from to make them refill the energy for me.  Again, I don't raid people unless they really go out of their way.  But when I do, I go full retard.  I mean at that point you're getting full contra energy, then they have to pay out ransom or die.  All because the started something they didn't completely understand.
Seeing as you can already freeze weed pots, I don't really see why contraband should be any different.
Either make both non-physgunable(?) or make both freezeable.

Saying that it can be abused must be one of the lamest arguments I've heard. Someone could also physgun a prop in your face mid-raid, I really don't see how breaking the rules is at all relevant to this discussion.

+ Support
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Pages: 1 2