Limelight Forums

Full Version: Allow privatizing of the gas stations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Allow players who purchase the gas station doors to block facilities on the property. This means allowing blocking of pumps for paid access, blocking repairing station, and blocking tesla charging stations. They MUST leave vehicle parking areas.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented

1. It's private property. When purchased, the person should be able to do with their property what they wish like other properties.

2. There are two gas stations. Go to the other if one is privatized. If both are blocked, pick the cheapest.

3. It's how we can allow players to operate these gas stations realistically to actually make a profit. This has been allowed for a LONG time, but now it is considered against the rules? I see no reason why players can't privatize these facilities when they're part of that property.

4. As  brought up, it also increases another Passive RP option. And seeing as this is probably the biggest supply and demand on our server, a big market for people.
+Support, encourages a more PROFITABLE passive RP
Neutral tending to a -support atm. Since cars are so popular and basically a requirement at this point, I'd be afraid to see privatised gas stations. There would be no restriction stopping people from charging insane prices for repairs or petrol and you can just get a mate to buy the other petrol station and cause major inconveniences to all commuters (basically everyone). I think it would also drive new players away, the ones who can hardly afford a car, let alone the current petrol/repair prices. So slapping another fee on top of that wouldn't be too good for them. Also, getting petrol and repairs are generally quick things - drive in and drive out. Will we now have big queues blocking roads waiting for others to pay the entry fee?
-support

Too easy to create a monopoly with this. Don't see how charging more money for something is a good RP.

ForceGhost

I'm pretty sure this is already allowed.

got the go ahead from HR recently and as far as I'm aware nothing had changed.
+Support the mechanic job might actually be used in it's proper role other than drifting around and repairing his car
neutral
id support the privatisation of one but not 2 gas stations.
Afterall its already possible to purchase the gas station building and theres no regulation prohibiting your from decorating it. So people wantign to conduct a propper passive rp already have this option. I think it would just add unescesary tension if 2 people alone could control gas prices and therefore put a significant limit on vehicle use. Afterall to much of our communitys passive RP is focused around the money. Money is a neat factor but i prefer to have somehwat decent and realistc pricing (including in my own rps) rather then people perhaps charging your 5k for a refuel. And i have littledoubt that this could happen as we have plenty of unexperienced people trying to rob people for thousands or carjackign for 10grand (regardless of the rules). If both the muggers and the victims are unaware of rules regulating this (which they quite often are) itll just turn nasty. Same could easily happen to the gas stations.
If wed implement a system like that the prices would need to be regulated through an ingame limit (eg. a command which will only accept a certain maximum prices)
-support

Somebody could Build fences around both stations and Charge 10k to enter or just lock everyone out.
There's some compelling arguments against it, though +support for one reason really, you can just buy petrol cans off the market and refill yourself, meaning even if a privatized gas station decides to charge for the privilege of use there's going to be a cap price, otherwise who would use it..
(May 4, 2018, 06:47 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]-support

Somebody could Build fences around both stations and Charge 10k to enter or just lock everyone out.

10k is the absolute maximum someone could change for a full tank otherwise buying gas cans would be cheaper
+Support would bring some intrinteres RPs
All the commies here wanting price regulation, let the market do it's work. If the prices are too high, consumers don't purchase, and the owner will be forced to lower the prices.

+Support, gives my SEC something to do (make Shell publicly traded on the market, thx).
(May 4, 2018, 08:12 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 4, 2018, 06:47 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]-support

10k is the absolute maximum someone could change for a full tank otherwise buying gas cans would be cheaper

It would have to be less than 10k, cause you'd have to pay for the actual IG fuel at the pump. But then again it perhaps they can't be bothered to spam F1 for canisters.

Another positive, if there is a soar in gas prices public transport use is also likely to boom
Pros
* Generates more player-on-player RP and allows for better interaction, generating more passive RP
* If this becomes a popular RP, players will actually have something to spend their millions on since money is so easy to make right now
* Allows for players to be more aware about turning their engines off after getting out to save gas
* If you can't afford gas - walk - less traffic, less CDMs and less deaths
* Legal of way of making a lot of money for the owner, steering the server away from the cops-n'-robbers phase it's in at the moment
* Would probably make a bit of competition across the two gas stations if both aren't owned by 1 company, allowing for some interesting RP
* Would decrease the amount of people changing the colour of their vehicles mid-pursuit
* Allows for more use of the bus and chauffeur jobs if gas prices are too high, like said

Cons
* It might drive new players away from buying a car if all they see is privatized gas stations (no pun intended)
* If a player disconnects with keypads up blocking the gas station, that would immobilize the station for however long it takes for their props to disappear

+ Support from me, although you'd probably want to make a rule to state how much a user should pay maximum from entering the gas station to leaving.
Pages: 1 2