Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rule change: 7.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
The limit on the amount of doors leading to the same location in a base should be changed from 2 to around 4. It's also a little bit vague as it only states 'doors', however not all players would realise that this just means "the amount of keypads the raiding party should have to go through to get to a certain point in a base". This should be re-worded and cleared up.

The primary purpose of this suggestion was to try and increase the number of doors leading to the same location from 2 to ~4, but I thought I'd also point out the need for re-wording the rule.

Quote:7.1 - You can have a maximum of 2 lockable custom doors leading to the same location in a base and there must be at least 2 metres (2PHX length) between two doors. All custom doors must be openable by keypad or buttons from both sides, which should be clearly visible. When opened by keypad, custom doors must be held open for at least 5 seconds. The person who owns the main (front) door of the building owns the entire building. Do not buy any other doors in that building or build there without the permission of the front door owner. A member of staff can allow more than two custom doors to be built leading to thesame location in rare circumstances where the RP absolutely requires it – e.g custom prison building.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
A lot of larger builds will feature several parts of their base. These parts should be lockable and restrictive and the builders of these builds shouldn't have to worry about being restricted to a main entrance and 1 other door. Picture a Presidential bunker, for example:

Door 1 - The main entrance to the bunker. Let's say an elevator leading inside the map towards the hidden bunker.
Door 2 - The main door, stopping people from entering the bunker.

Currently, this is all that can be built with this rule. But where's the room for a prison cell door that can be locked? Or the President's private quarters? Even inside his private quarters, you should be able to make a panic room with a lockable door, which would mean to get to the panic room, you'd need to crack through 4 keypads, which isn't even that much. I just think it's a little bit restrictive how it is currently.

-support, props are only really for decoration, and prop heavy bases are usually passive. You wouldn't really see someone make sci-fi military grade keypad doors in a small wharehouse would you? Its just not realistic in the first place to have prop heavy keypad door dupes, so adding more of them is just really cancerous innit
(May 1, 2018, 02:29 PM)Tyrone DeShawn Wrote: [ -> ]-support, props are only really for decoration, and prop heavy bases are usually passive. You wouldn't really see someone make sci-fi military grade keypad doors in a small wharehouse would you? Its just not realistic in the first place to have prop heavy keypad door dupes, so adding more of them is just really cancerous innit

I'm struggling to understand your point
+support
(May 1, 2018, 02:29 PM)Tyrone DeShawn Wrote: [ -> ]-support, props are only really for decoration, and prop heavy bases are usually passive. You wouldn't really see someone make sci-fi military grade keypad doors in a small wharehouse would you? Its just not realistic in the first place to have prop heavy keypad door dupes, so adding more of them is just really cancerous innit

I disagree with you on this, I have seen loads of "military grade keypad doors" in warehouses and in most cases they look good like you said props are for decoration make the outside of the warehouse look sci-fi = problem solved.
I would not change it to increase the ammount of custom doors, but rather add like "Doors that are meant to lock people behind them (e.g. Jail cell door, Panic Bunker Door) are not to be counted as custom doors."
(May 1, 2018, 04:10 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]

I disagree with you on this, I have seen loads of "military grade keypad doors" in warehouses and in most cases they look good like you said props are for decoration make the outside of the warehouse look sci-fi = problem solved.

but its not realistic, no one is gonna have a bullet proof door with watch towers just to defend some weed
++++++support
(May 1, 2018, 04:59 PM)Tyrone DeShawn Wrote: [ -> ]

but its not realistic, no one is gonna have a bullet proof door with watch towers just to defend some weed

You'd be surprised, cartels have bullet proof doors and towers.
(May 1, 2018, 04:59 PM)Tyrone DeShawn Wrote: [ -> ]

... and what if somebody wants to make an RP looks like a proper RP from the outside, like an oil farm or something of the sort on the lake which looks huge and epic, but really on the inside it's just a contraband farm. Wouldn't it be "realistic" (in your words) to be able to set up more than 2 keypad doors?

Contraband can produce a very large income and can be the sole and primary purpose of most people's RP's, much like Bitcoin farming. People invest millions into massive warehouses filled with computers and very high and expensive security just to farm Bitcoin to sell. Is this not similar to contraband? If you're looking for "realism" (again in your words), start thinking more realistically. Printing money in real life would literally be a gold mine. Is this not something worth protecting with as much protection as you can?
-Support

Would only increase the reasoning for making doomfort base mazes. 2 per room is plenty.
(May 2, 2018, 09:13 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Would only increase the reasoning for making doomfort base mazes. 2 per room is plenty.

Doomforts are against the rules.
Mazes are against the rules.

Players have zero reasoning for making these types of bases regardless.
(May 2, 2018, 10:57 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

People break rules. Let's not make it easier for people to THINK they can make doomforts.
(May 3, 2018, 12:03 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 2, 2018, 10:57 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

People break rules. Let's not make it easier for people to THINK they can make doomforts.

This suggestion isn't to encourage doomforts, it's to simply increase the number of doors allowed to get from point A to point Z in a base. I'm suggesting a change to the rules - if we use the "people break rules" attitude, there's no point in having rules in the first place.
(May 3, 2018, 12:08 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 3, 2018, 12:03 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 2, 2018, 10:57 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Doomforts are against the rules.

This suggestion isn't to encourage doomforts, it's to simply increase the number of doors allowed to get from point A to point Z in a base. I'm suggesting a change to the rules - if we use the "people break rules" attitude, there's no point in having rules in the first place.

You could, but I’d rather keep the rule we have the same to avoid making it EASIER. 

So, -Support. Sorry you can’t have 3 doors to a room.
Pages: 1 2