Limelight Forums

Full Version: Teacher Punishments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently myself and Sours have been issued punishments, accompanied with a temporary leave from the Teacher Team. Now my issue isn’t the punishments. IMO they were justified. We broke rules, we have to learn from mistakes. My issue is, what is a week of leave from the team going to do to me as a Teacher? I mean, I’m gonna have the same rank when it’s over and all I’m getting out of that leave is not having to answer help calls. So, I’m kind of getting a vacation. 

If we’re gonna give Teachers extra punishments added when they get BL’s or Bans, it needs to be something they can learn from. Sadly, when I brought this up with Nightmare I misspoke and suggested a longer time off compared to what I meant which was “Give me like a task to write a paragraph on why I should be back on the teacher team or what I’ve learned from my BL.”

What do y’all think? Because as someone who has been given a week off for getting a BL, I feel very worried about how future rule breakages by Teachers will be dealt with.
I personally believe you either give them a temporary leave along with a ban (this being accompanied by their punishment), or you give them an assignment to prove to the Liasions that they deserve to be allowed back in the team.
I actually agree with this.
Giving a teacher a week off is gonna do nothing to them, actually it stops them from answering /help calls meaning it doesn't really help the player either.
The thing is, LL is quite happy with their teachers (i imagine at least). So punishing them much more as rankless players will result in people leaving their teacher position and the team without people who are motivated to teach others the gamemode.

Teachers should be perfect, any form of punishment should result in long bans from the team imo.

But humans can't be perfect 24/7
They aren't just robots.
As a teacher, you should help people whether you have the icon or not. The main point of taking the rank away from you is to remove you privileges like Rep giving and playermodel changing. Personally I don't see the point in temp deranking a player no matter their rank, if they're not fit for the role then a permanent demotion should happen, if they make a mistake then just punish them like any other player.
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:01 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]Teachers should be perfect, any form of punishment should result in long bans from the team imo.

What do you think about Moderators, Administrators, Developers and SAs who break the rules?
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:27 PM)The Captain Wrote: [ -> ]As a teacher, you should help people whether you have the icon or not. The main point of taking the rank away from you is to remove you privileges like Rep giving and playermodel changing. Personally I don't see the point in temp deranking a player no matter their rank, if they're not fit for the role then a permanent demotion should happen, if they make a mistake then just punish them like any other player.

Exactly my point here. The only thing this is doing is taking the "forced obligation" that I have to help people. Teachers don't need the rank to help others. The only thing a temp leave is doing is taking away tools we can use to help others and their RP's. For punishments as small as we have seen so far, I would understand if a Liaison did nothing over giving days off. 

And I do agree with the demotion if they're not fit. I think it's just that (And this isn't just Teacher, but also what I've seen when I was a staff member) people in charge, maybe shouldn't be in charge? Or at the very least need to be re-evaluated. I won't throw names, but I do think that some people in leadership positions aren't doing what is expected or not meeting the minimum. It's extremely common in the real world for management/leadership positions to be checked in on. I see no reason for it to not to be done here.
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:01 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]Teachers should be perfect, any form of punishment should result in long bans from the team imo.

What do you think about Moderators, Administrators, Developers and SAs who break the rules?

I couldn't agree more with what Baskinger said, a teacher should be a role model and lead by example. If they're not fit and can't follow rules whats the point? They can't set the correct example which is required, then remove them from the team.
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

I couldn't agree more with what Baskinger said, a teacher should be a role model and lead by example. If they're not fit and can't follow rules whats the point? They can't set the correct example which is required, then remove them from the team.

(Apr 8, 2018, 09:59 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about Moderators, Administrators, Developers and SAs who break the rules?

That's a different matter, as they're are staff and have to be punished in a different way. For example, if a staff member does something wrong, they are normally spoken to by HR or if its a reoccurring matter normally it leads to something such as a suspension or stripping of internal duties.
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:06 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:59 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ] I couldn't agree more with what Baskinger said, a teacher should be a role model and lead by example. If they're not fit and can't follow rules whats the point? They can't set the correct example which is required, then remove them from the team.

That's a different matter, as they're are staff and have to be punished in a different way. For example, if a staff member does something wrong, they are normally spoken to by HR or if its a reoccurring matter normally it leads to something such as a suspension or stripping of internal duties.

So staff should be held to a lower standard than teachers. Those with the power to actively cause harm in the server have a lower standard?
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:07 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:06 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 09:59 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about Moderators, Administrators, Developers and SAs who break the rules?

So staff should be held to a lower standard than teachers. Those with the power to actively cause harm in the server have a lower standard?

I never said they're at a lower standard of punishment, I said it needs to be done in a different way, and the punishments staff get are normally dependant on what they've done wrong.
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:10 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:07 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:06 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]That's a different matter, as they're are staff and have to be punished in a different way. For example, if a staff member does something wrong, they are normally spoken to by HR or if its a reoccurring matter normally it leads to something such as a suspension or stripping of internal duties.

I never said they're at a lower standard of punishment, I said it needs to be done in a different way, and the punishments staff get are normally dependant on what they've done wrong.

You state that any rule breaches from teachers should be met with a lengthy ban from the team.
However, you state that staff may be spoken to by HR. This doesn't always lead to a lengthy ban from the team.

So a teacher breaks a rule, banned from the team. Moderator breaks a rule, not banned from the team.

Please correct me if I've misunderstood you.
why would you trust a person who broke the rules telling other people how to roleplay. im not perfect but i guess thats what happens when a teacher breaks a rule, new players shouldn't take roleplaying tips from someone who broke rules. im not saying you're a bad teacher but yeah
Pages: 1 2 3