Limelight Forums

Full Version: A new feature of /showid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
My suggestion is to restrict being able to see a that someone has an LEO or Gov. Worker pass (etc.) to only if they do /showid on you, or if you're law enforcement yourself.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
I feel like people won't do undercover Government RP in more depth because not everyone would agree to it because of a person having a government worker pass. It would prevent metagame and would allow for more interesting undercover RP because people wouldn't instantly know you're a cop.

The second part of the suggestion detailing cops being able to see it already would be great for raids, as police wouldn't need to stop you and ask for ID because you're helping in the raid.

Sorry for the formatting I wrote this on my phone.
-Support
For people that know the command exists yes but "Floating Texts" are not IC so regardless they shouldn't make a difference to RPs. This will make it difficult for people that are new to the server or have low hours.
(Mar 22, 2018, 12:39 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]-Support
For people that know the command exists yes but "Floating Texts" are not IC so regardless they shouldn't make a difference to RPs. This will make it difficult for people that are new to the server or have low hours.

As much as that would be the ideal for the server, these new people you speak of pose more of a threat when it comes to meta gaming anyway. They wouldn't know you can't use that information ICly, so when an undercover cop asks to come into a house that be believes to have contraband, they won't let him in because of his pass.

The exchange of IDs is usually done between two people or more, so when Bob asks Jim for his ID, Jim must've gone up to the presidents office to ask for a pass so he must know they exist. It could be up to the president to tell people about the command when he gives them the pass. I think it's a small problem for a feature that could introduce more RP possibilities.

Plus, you could argue the "new player, won't know" card for everything. Everything has a learning curve, and when showid has a new feature, it will be used more and therefore new players will learn of its existence quicker.

To add to my original post, we could allow passes to show up when a person is searched?
My point is that commands are not publicized anywhere. How would they know the command ? Makes no sense.
Having /showid to display the current holder's pass would be great, but without a recognise system much like in Clockwork, I don't believe it should require people to show ID before viewing it.
(Mar 22, 2018, 02:51 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]My point is that commands are not publicized anywhere. How would they know the command ? Makes no sense.

/help How do I show that I'm a goverment worker?
// How do I show that I'm a goverment worker?
.// How do I show that I'm a goverment worker?
(Mar 22, 2018, 02:51 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]My point is that commands are not publicized anywhere. How would they know the command ? Makes no sense.

ok saying that you could say that for all commands then, couldn't you? No need to be so on the defensive when there's tons of commands i probably don't know.

+support
(Mar 22, 2018, 07:08 PM)Commander Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Having /showid to display the current holder's pass would be great, but without a recognise system much like in Clockwork, I don't believe it should require people to show ID before viewing it.

The CW recognition system is kinda on the same wave but a lot more extreme. You show your actual name with F2 within yelling, talking or whispering range. This is kind of similar except people can take advantage of the fact that you can't see their pass until they let you see it, or until they're searched.

Even though it's IC, people passively metagame all the time.

And the /id isn't a hard command to learn. It can even be shown in a popup when you get a pass that says: "You have a _______ pass. Use /id to show your pass to others."

+Support

I didn't make this for nothing, you know.

+Support
(Mar 22, 2018, 11:26 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support

-support

Quote:"Give ID | /giveid | /passport | /showid | This shows your ID to the player you are currently looking at."

Its already there.....

+Support

Quote:My point is that commands are not publicized anywhere. How would they know the command ? Makes no sense.

I don't really see the point in removing or changing it. Might aswell get rid of names etc and assign them all to /showid ?
(Mar 23, 2018, 08:05 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support

Quote:My point is that commands are not publicized anywhere. How would they know the command ? Makes no sense.

I don't really see the point in removing or changing it. Might aswell get rid of names etc and assign them all to /showid ?

+Support
(Mar 23, 2018, 01:25 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]

+Support

-support

Quote:"Give ID | /giveid | /passport | /showid | This shows your ID to the player you are currently looking at."

Its already there.....

You're not understanding the suggestion. Players shouldn't be able to see your ID until you giveid.
Ah okay, changing to a +support
Pages: 1 2