Limelight Forums

Full Version: Florida school shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Teachers should be allowed to carry if properly trained or licensed. Schools are gun-free zones, but non gun-free zones wouldn’t be as much of a target. You don’t see many mass shootings in courts, Police stations, gun shows, or nascar races because everyone’s packing. Killers want an easy target.
(Feb 15, 2018, 06:52 PM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that the media are blowing this up is interesting. There have been around 32 school shootings in the U.S. this year and the fact that the media showcases this one is interesting to say the least. Don't get me wrong, it's all really fucked up, yet the media has so much control over things like this, which isn't necessarily a good thing. This shooting is a tragedy. Rest In Peace.

"Just seven weeks into 2018, there have been eight shootings at US schools that have resulted in injury or death." (The Guardian), you're a bit off with your numbers,
unless you have another source that says differently

My guess would be the media showcase this one specifically as it is the deadliest since Sandy Hook. If all we saw was school shootings on the news every week nobody would give a fuck
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:25 AM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 15, 2018, 06:52 PM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that the media are blowing this up is interesting. There have been around 32 school shootings in the U.S. this year and the fact that the media showcases this one is interesting to say the least. Don't get me wrong, it's all really fucked up, yet the media has so much control over things like this, which isn't necessarily a good thing. This shooting is a tragedy. Rest In Peace.

"Just seven weeks into 2018, there have been eight shootings at US schools that have resulted in injury or death." (The Guardian), you're a bit off with your numbers,

My guess would be the media showcase this one specifically as it is the deadliest since Sandy Hook. If all we saw was school shootings on the news every week nobody would give a fuck

The media displays most if not all of them, people just don't pay attention. There was one just a few weeks ago in Kentucky that was all over the news.

My bad, 32 shootings (including schools) so far, probably much more. Anyway the fact that there have been 18 school shootings and we've only seen this one though the media is bad.
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:36 AM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]

My bad, 32 shootings (including schools) so far, probably much more. Anyway the fact that there have been 18 school shootings and we've only seen this one though the media is bad.

That statistic is also fairly wrong: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-...01f11446ad
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:39 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:36 AM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]

That statistic is also fairly wrong: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-...01f11446ad

https://abcnews.go.com/US/18-school-shoo...d=53091125. Different media outlets have different opinions.

Also who cares what the specific number is? The fact is it's all fucked up and there shouldn't be this many already.
-Snip by myself because it was toxic.-
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:49 AM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, let's give the teachers guns! They can just kill the students with low grades, so America can become the most efficient country in the whole world and no one will ever stop it and yiha 'MURICA WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job on your outstanding thinking . Thinking like a true American as always!

You're pretty annoying. I don't see how someone's opinion warrants a comment like yours, especially given the thread's topic. Chill out.
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:51 AM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:49 AM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, let's give the teachers guns! They can just kill the students with low grades, so America can become the most efficient country in the whole world and no one will ever stop it and yiha 'MURICA WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job on your outstanding thinking . Thinking like a true American as always!

You're pretty annoying.

Don't you consider the people who are arguing about whether a school shooting has happened 10 times or 50 times annoying?

Obviously, I'm not a huge supporter of America's current gun regulations, because one of my friends who just so happened to be American, has recently been severely injured from gun violence committed by someone too mentally unstable to carry a firearm. How can a country so big and powerful neglect truth - Gun laws not being the only thing you guys are so proud of.

It's almost like the government is indirectly funding school shootings...
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:58 AM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes because America is a land of eugenics and genocide of the less intelligent. The ignorant sterotypes here make no sense.

You're pretty annoying.

Don't you consider the people who are arguing about whether a school shooting has happened 10 times or 50 times annoying?

Obviously, I'm not a huge supporter of America's current gun regulations, because one of my friends who just so happened to be American, has recently been severely injured from gun violence committed by someone too mentally unstable to carry a firearm. If he or she is too mentally unstable to carry a firearm, that is most likely illegal depending on the circumstances (institutionalization and just calling someone "mentally unstable" are different).
How can a country so big and powerful neglect truth - Gun laws not being the only thing you guys are so proud of.
Please explain the truths we neglect, thanks.

Please explain how a developed country is indirectly funding the mass murder of their own citizens, thanks.
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:58 AM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]

You're pretty annoying.

Obviously, I'm not a huge supporter of America's current gun regulations, because one of my friends who just so happened to be American, has recently been severely injured from gun violence committed by someone too mentally unstable to carry a firearm. How can a country so big and powerful neglect truth - Gun laws not being the only thing you guys are so proud of.

There's so many half-decent arguments you could've made and you came up with that. Nice. Thank god you PR'd yourself, just leave.

Yes because that’s exactly what I was thinking
(Feb 15, 2018, 08:47 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]This is what happens when your country allows everyone to carry a gun.

>inb4 other crazy gunheads on ll want to bash me, but deep down they now I am right

its not the gun laws. people can illegally buy them so restricting gun laws wont do shit
(Feb 16, 2018, 12:46 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 15, 2018, 08:47 PM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]This is what happens when your country allows everyone to carry a gun.

>inb4 other crazy gunheads on ll want to bash me, but deep down they now I am right

its not the gun laws. people can illegally buy them so restricting gun laws wont do shit

You have a point. However I suppose most incidents of mass shootings the shooter has gotten his hands on a weapon legally, I believe its to late to restrict weapons. As america has as many guns as citizens, however maybe implementing higher requirements when buying a weapon. For example the person who buy's a weapon can only buy handguns for self defence and specific rifles for hunting only. However Im not here to discuss weapon laws only giving my 2 cents. Its a horrible event and my thoughts go out to the affected ones and their relatives and loved ones, its a shame this has been an occuring thing for the past years.
Sadly at this point in US's time weapons are just a part of life. If we continue to restrict firearms further, it only hinders law-abiding citizens. We can't restrict weapons because we can not predict someone's actions. No one could tell this 19 year old was going to shoot his previous classmates because he was expelled.

The only thing we CAN do at this time is allow weapons to be carried by trusted members of our schools and other vulnerable targets (Mostly the "No Gun Zones" as they pose a bigger target). Give them a Psyc evaluation and allow them to conceal carry or place in a locked lounge with a safe, firearms in case of attacks. As said, allow Teachers to carry firearms. This can not only deter shooters, but also protect the lives of children.

is right too. We can't be compared to other countries. One of the arguments being that US is a very young country compared to the European countries (for example). Since the US was created, weapons have just been part of the package. We can't take away something so easily embedded in our way of life. Compared to places like the UK where the weapons were controlled earlier and security was set better.

And to , there is a difference between not liking our gun regulations and being an ass about it. If you don't agree, make a valid argument. There is no need to try and make an ass out of everyone. If you don't like someone's side, question and make a rebuttal in a neutral manner. Toxicity will only lead to more aggression, and does NOT help the situation.

I can't really say my thoughts are out to the families as I don't know any of the victims, but if I could help I would. All I can do is hope that local governments eventually learn from these shootings before they grow into a bigger problem than they already are.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5