Limelight Forums

Full Version: Revamp /note feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Right now, the /note command does a very simple task, it creates a note that displays text when you hover over it. This is nice until you have lots to write about and end up with 6 or 7 notes to get your paragraph across. My suggestion is instead of the note displaying the desired text, it will display the title of the note, and players are able to press E on the note to open a window which will display the text that the note owner has written in a text window. Text formatting would be nice but is just an added bonus.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
This will allow for more in-depth displaying of text, instead of needing to write loads of text and display it on a note, you can instead write it in the text box (maybe with formatting). An example of a roleplay that could be used is displaying procedures on a notepad, like on the Presidential Floor, a note in the security office could be titled "How to deal with armed suspects on the floor". Pressing E on the note reveals a text window which reads the lengthy procedure on what to do in the case of an emergency on the Presidential Floor, how to secure the President and how to deal with the suspects. That's just one possibility out of probably hundreds that this could unlock, with what I'd imagine (I'm no scriptwriter) to be a fairly easy script to write.
+Support

ForceGhost

+Support.

Maybe even allow us to actually pick the model that the note would appear as? Instead of the default clipboard.
Would like both features for things like store hours and small text things.
Would also like to see two types of notes. I don't want to have to open a big GUI derma thingy just to read the price of an item in a shop and then close it and read the next.
(Feb 6, 2018, 05:56 PM)Da Cool Cow Wrote: [ -> ]Would also like to see two types of notes. I don't want to have to open a big GUI derma thingy just to read the price of an item in a shop and then close it and read the next.

Which is why you could have the price in the notepad title so that you dont need to open it, just hover over it and you'll have the information you need.
(Feb 6, 2018, 07:35 PM)kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 6, 2018, 05:56 PM)Da Cool Cow Wrote: [ -> ]Would also like to see two types of notes. I don't want to have to open a big GUI derma thingy just to read the price of an item in a shop and then close it and read the next.

Which is why you could have the price in the notepad title so that you dont need to open it, just hover over it and you'll have the information you need.

But will the size of title be maxed at?
+SUPPORT
+support

No longer would I have to write the SOPs into radio comms over and over and over and over again.
(Feb 6, 2018, 02:22 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]+Support.

Maybe even allow us to actually pick the model that the note would appear as? Instead of the default clipboard.
+ support
however id add it as an addition to the note. on some occasions its important to have a note displaying a medium ammount of text without pplehaving to interact with it (like signs, iknvisible notes indicating certain things, or pricetags)
+Support
Maybe make it a different command? /longnote
(Feb 7, 2018, 09:36 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
Maybe make it a different command? /longnote

Or perhaps add a second parameter to the /note command, like this, /note <long/short> <text>. For example, /note long <text>.

+Support
This would be an addition to the current note command, so the title text should be the same as what it is now, so you can still have your shop prices or short notices, but now you have the added ability to press E on the note and bring up the text window that could display MOTDs, rules, procedures, etc.
+ support
Pages: 1 2