Limelight Forums

Full Version: LimeLight Screenshot Contest February 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(Feb 4, 2018, 01:39 PM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 4, 2018, 04:46 AM)Toro PDX Wrote: [ -> ]https://imgur.com/z6Dm9kw 
https://imgur.com/tAsgEGz
[/url][url=https://imgur.com/xbs1rvI]https://imgur.com/xbs1rvI
https://imgur.com/IyhWQ2G

Why are some of those so blurry

not blurry for me
(Feb 4, 2018, 04:45 PM)Midget. Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots within the server can be hard to capture if it is a live scene. Hence why using SP or SFM is a lot more easier.

I see no issue using Single Player to create scenes? If anything it means you can get a lot more out of the scene and add a lot more detail. I mean I would much rather have a more detailed and beautiful scene then something that doesn't appeal to the eye.

The issue being that they don't showcase our server. Why show images that have no correlation to what happens on the server? It's just another form of false advertising. 

What you're saying is that RP on the server "doesn't appeal to the eye" and that we need to fake scenes in order to interest people. That sure tells a lot...

Look through the thread, there are plenty of screenshots that "appeal to the eye"
(Feb 4, 2018, 06:54 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 4, 2018, 04:45 PM)Midget. Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots within the server can be hard to capture if it is a live scene. Hence why using SP or SFM is a lot more easier.

I see no issue using Single Player to create scenes? If anything it means you can get a lot more out of the scene and add a lot more detail. I mean I would much rather have a more detailed and beautiful scene then something that doesn't appeal to the eye.

The issue being that they don't showcase our server. Why show images that have no correlation to what happens on the server? It's just another form of false advertising. 

What you're saying is that RP on the server "doesn't appeal to the eye" and that we need to fake scenes in order to interest people. That sure tells a lot...

Look through the thread, there are plenty of screenshots that "appeal to the eye"

No, I am saying having unpleasing images do not appeal to the eye. Such programs as SFM gives better lighting and scenes. I see no issue using the program as long as the content in the server is used and shows what can be done like  does.
(Feb 4, 2018, 07:13 PM)Midget. Wrote: [ -> ]

No, I am saying having unpleasing images do not appeal to the eye. Such programs as SFM gives better lighting and scenes. I see no issue using the program as long as the content in the server is used and shows what can be done like  does.

But we won't have special effects nor any of the posing when actually playing the game, so what's the purpose here? I'd rather we have screenshots of actual roleplay rather than us looking like a stock darkRP server.
(Feb 4, 2018, 07:26 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 4, 2018, 07:13 PM)Midget. Wrote: [ -> ]

But we won't have special effects nor any of the posing when actually playing the game, so what's the purpose here? I'd rather we have screenshots of actual roleplay rather than us looking like a stock darkRP server.

Right but just game posters and trailers, most of them don't have them graphics or options?
I found these in my Garry's Mod screenshots folder

[Image: sg24qe.jpg]
The handsome man in the passenger seat is  

[Image: b7jsb6.jpg]
I call this one "forbidden love"

[Image: 1jmgxf.jpg]
"Behind every mask, there is a face and behind that a story"
I decided to remove the posed pictures of a fiscal unit cleaning up a counterfeit-money manufacturing location and the suicide attempt as I was thinking about different people making statements about in-game screenshots being hard to get.

I grabbed two extra pictures I was able to take of in-game situations that turned out quite well and... ''natural'' as for the setting of roleplay.
(Feb 4, 2018, 01:59 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: Ma0pD7O.jpg]
[Image: KPmDexB.jpg]
[Image: NQwUtMZ.png]
[Image: TUvCqtL.jpg]
[Image: 2h4uEIR.jpg]

Those look absolutely amazing. Well done
(Feb 1, 2018, 06:32 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]As long as it has elements of our gamemode and limelight on it you are free to use SFM and posing.

One friendly suggestion from the Media Team would be to not use too many effects which cause the picture to be too bright or dark and like frames around the screenshot and so on! Smile

^^^
In the future we will have themed/limited contest that adress some of the concerns you might have. However for this one it's either in-game, or in sfm. And no specific theme set.
[Image: LujH6OG.jpg]

this is what we need, something showing what LL is about
[Image: 07CDDD5055E827D724A765E8AD0ABDE9EBC2B614]
In the bag boys

[Image: lX5SG5A.jpg]

Stand up against Fumuku Pollution!

#BlameFumuku
(Feb 17, 2018, 02:25 AM)Fultz Wrote: [ -> ]In the bag boys

[Image: lX5SG5A.jpg]

Stand up against Fumuku Pollution!

#BlameFumuku

not nice