Limelight Forums

Full Version: AA: [L²] Rocket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Steam Name: (Posted on behalf of) Louis <3

Time/Date: 15:30

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69638118

Name of Staff Member: [L²] Rocket

Summary/Details: I walked up to Rocket and he attempts to punch me. Now if someone attempts to punch you you're going to arrest them. I then pull out handcuffs as i'm LE and was about to take him to an officer to process the arrest. But instead, Rocket decides to phase away (NOT FOR ADMIN PURPOSES) and say 'I was talking to my brother' Now not trying to be a dick here but if I was to just run away from an arrest that'd be Fear RP which is basically what Rocket done but with admin powers. Considering this is GENUINE abuse and not just a small thing i'd like this to be dealt accordingly please. Thank you.

Evidence: 

That video makes things look a whole lot worse than they are, luckily when you started to PM me about the abuse or what ever that was I saved my last 5 mins recording of the game, sadly it doesn't show much.

I'll respond to this thread with the video in a few mins.
Right as I already have explained to you in in-game PM I was talking to my real-life brother at that time, and wasn't focusing in game at all.

Me and my brother were having some what of an argument so naturally you wouldn't be focusing on a game specially considering you just spawned and was only standing still typing OOC messages. About the punch part, I didn't really intend on punching you I was only tabbing back in after having to show my brother something on my PC (related to the IRL argument) 

Now to prove what I am saying I luckily managed to save the recording of the last 5 mins (using ShadowPlay) considering I had a sense that this would happen, now some might find this odd but I tend to save important encounters with players using ShadowPlay quite a lot, can vouch for me on that (lol)

Bare in mind the video part of the clip was removed after I phased, this is to prevent any admin powers to be leaked, a full version of the video is posted for the admin's vision only so they can provide a second judgement on the situation. 

In the clip you can hear me and my brother talking (in arabic) in the background discussing a few matters, you wouldn't understand as it is in a different language, you might not be able to hear it properly but that's what I can provide. At the end of the clip you can hear me actually putting on my headphones, its when the sound gets louder. 

Please turn up your volume. All the way up if you must. 

As for the actual punching part, I never really intended to punch you if something like an arrest you want out of this abuse case I'll happily come back on the server and force myself a 15 min arrest, but as for actual abuse I never really meant to abuse any powers or anything like that, I do apologize for phasing out of that situation. My brother came to my room and wanted to end this real life problem or argument so I had to steer my attention a way from a game and into something that is much more important, again I apologize for phasing but abuse was never my intention. 
One thing that I'm a bit confused about is that Rocket clearly didn't even punch you. And it is obvious he didn't punch you - he is at a 90 degree angle from you at the time of the punch and there is no health drain, punch noise, or blood.

11.3 – You may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians. Corruption has limits and should benefit
your character, it does not allow you to go around beating up citizens for no reason or making up completely random arrest warrants.

Emphasis on the last part about random arrests. No roleplay just "oh wow you punched the air not even in my general direction you are under arrest is that ok with you". I would have stopped that arrest if I witnessed it in full like I did from your video perspective.

Now, in regards to the rest, I am waiting to review the rest of the evidence.
So first of all, you're saying that you didn't mean to punch me, which is understandable but IC i'm afraid to say that i'd be clueless of this. If I was to punch you in game then go onto say in LOOC that i tabbed back in I highly doubt you let me off. If this was not a staff member and they disconnected or walked away it would result in a punishment for either 'dcing to avoid arrest' or fearrp. And you're probably going to say you would now but I know for a fact you wouldn't as it's happened before. Now going onto about your brother, you shouldn't be in game if you're not there to focus, and if you were phase before and don't stand AFK and attempt to punch me. Saying you would voluntarily come onto the server and force yourself to be arrested is abuse. As for Overlewds response recently, it was attempted infliction of harm. And if someone is punching in your direction you would arrest them as they're about to punch you and lowkey swinging.
My point was that It was a single punch at a 90 degree angle away from you with no followup, threatening language or body language. There is no reason to assume it is attempted infliction of harm, especially not without at least attempting some sort of conversation before jumping right to lol you are under arrest.
You're saying that there was no threatening language or body language, however some would see someone throwing a punch right next to your head very threatening. I'd also like to add that regardless of this being an arrest or not he still used his admin powers to evade a current RP SITUATION, if you haven't noticed it was an RP SITUATION REGARDLESS. Rocket should of handled this as per rule 1.3 and as it states "Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people
you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we
recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @."

Rocket did not inform me that he was going AFK or couldn't stay for the ongoing RP.

I was arresting him, and it was an RP sitation that's all that matters here. Because of that he decided to not tell me he couldn't stay but instead abuse his powers clearly.
The point that I was trying to make that I wasn't really in any possible situation where I could've ignored my brother and responded to you in-game I didn't even know you were there untill I phased, I didn't even see the handcuffs or even know that I even punched.

I didn't mean to abuse my powers and the situation that happened didn't even effect you or anyone else on the server so I don't really count it as abuse, I didn't hit you, I didn't mean to hit you, I didn't want to hit you, as far as I'm aware you weren't even a cop to arrest me anyways you were a trainee.

Regardless, my intentions wasn't to abuse or anything like that, I had a situation in real life, I had to deal with it I couldn't look in-game to notice the actions that happened.
I got @'d so I get to comment;

boop.

Done.

Warned. (General Rule 4, posting in courthouse rules)
You're saying it wasn't ur intentions to abuse but you simply could of said that you were AFK or didn't have time for the situation in hand.

I have just picked up on this 'I didn't mean to abuse my powers and the situation that happened didn't even effect you or anyone else on the server so I don't really count it as abuse' You're contradicting yourself and saying you didn't mean to abuse but you don't class it as abuse. Saying it doesn't harm anyone doesn't make it not abuse. It's still harming me in the way that I was trying to RP a trainee officer which could of had a promotion during the time. So using this information, you cannot say that it isn't abuse.
(Jan 7, 2018, 08:48 PM)SourLemon Wrote: [ -> ]You're saying it wasn't ur intentions to abuse but you simply could of said that you were AFK or didn't have time for the situation in hand.

I have just picked up on this 'I didn't mean to abuse my powers and the situation that happened didn't even effect you or anyone else on the server so I don't really count it as abuse' You're contradicting yourself and saying you didn't mean to abuse but you don't class it as abuse. Saying it doesn't harm anyone doesn't make it not abuse. It's still harming me in the way that I was trying to RP a trainee officer which could of had a promotion during the time. So using this information, you cannot say that it isn't abuse.

My point was, and this is why I posted the video, is because I wasn't really looking at my screen nor was I focusing on it at all, I saw someone was talking to me and I noticed it was you, and I didn't know you were arresting me or interacting with me in any way, my headset wasn't on I didn't hear anything I didn't know about anything that happened. 

I was, like I mentioned busy talking to my brother and wasn't focusing on my screen or the game, in real life situations like that you tend to focus more on what's important, and in that situation I was focusing on talking to my brother, I went phased when you were talking to prevent any awkwardness and to display that I wasn't there or that I was busy in a sense. 

I'll make it short again, I didn't know I was in any RP situation, I bascially just spawned and I was distracted by my brother and I had to take off my headset so I could talk to him, I didn't see you till a few seconds I phased, you can literally hear me arguging with my brother in the video I'm not so sure why you don't understand my prespective, I was dealing with IRL stuff and wasn't focusing in-game so I couldn't really know or hear that you were even role-playing with me.
If you didn't have time for this you wouldn't have joined in the first place and you had been spawned in for atleast 10minutes as I'd seen you before when driving past.

It's your fault that you didn't notice the roleplay situation you were in just like I might have headphones muted when FearRP is active.

So adding this all up Rocket it was abuse no excuses, no reasons for it. Not to sound like a dick but you just replied with this, once again objecting yourself.

"I saw someone was talking to me and I noticed it was you, and I didn't know you were arresting me or interacting with me in any way, my headset wasn't on I didn't hear anything I didn't know about anything that happened. " This is one big objection here saying you knew someone was talking but had previously claimed you weren't tabbed in. This is turning into one big spiral of lies now.

"I went phased when you were talking to prevent any awkwardness and to display that I wasn't there or that I was busy in a sense. "
Right but players have to go to the AFK slot
And you just admitted to not using your admin tools for administrating which is once again your abuse justified. You saw me talking, with cuffs out which know adding up would gather you are in a RP situation
Why are you putting words in my mouth, I never said I had no time to join? where was that mentioned?

I said my brother came to my room and started talking to me, I had no idea that it was going to happen, it just did.

I was talking to him when you interacted with me IC, I didn't see you or hear what you said or see your cuffs or anything like that because I didn't have my headset on, I had them off so I didn't hear what you said nor did I focus on what you were doing, now that being said, yes I saw you which is why I phased because it would've been mean and awkward if I just ignored you.

That doesn't mean that I knew you were trying to RP with me, I did not know that and I didn't know what you were doing, all I saw was you, there and that's it, and again I went phased to prevent any awkward interaction and to show that I'm not ignoring you.

Look at the video, you can hear me talk to my brother, you can hear me put on my headset at the end of it, I don't see how you're pointing out that this an abuse situation, when I didn't even know about the situation to begin with.
(Jan 7, 2018, 09:56 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you putting words in my mouth, I never said I had no time to join? where was that mentioned?

I said my brother came to my room and started talking to me, I had no idea that it was going to happen, it just did.

I was talking to him when you interacted with me IC, I didn't see you or hear what you said or see your cuffs or anything like that because I didn't have my headset on, I had them off so I didn't hear what you said nor did I focus on what you were doing, now that being said, yes I saw you which is why I phased because it would've been mean and awkward if I just ignored you.

Why do you keep contradicting yourself, you keep saying you did see me and then saying you did not?

Players cannot just disconnect or some other method of avoiding rp because they don't feel like it, If they are involved they have to stay there and let the situation play out or face the consequences, Why should you be able to do any different.

That doesn't mean that I knew you were trying to RP with me, I did not know that and I didn't know what you were doing, all I saw was you, there and that's it, and again I went phased to prevent any awkward interaction and to show that I'm not ignoring you.

You wanted to show you were not ignoring me by phasing away while I was speaking to you???

Look at the video, you can hear me talk to my brother, you can hear me put on my headset at the end of it, I don't see how you're pointing out that this an abuse situation, when I didn't even know about the situation to begin with.

I was clearly standing infront of you talking as can be seen in your own video, even if you had you headphones off you can clearly see the icon that shows I was speaking.
I would love to keep repeating myself and explain over and over again how I didn't hear you or see you but at the same time only saw you.

I'll say this then I'm gonna get some sleep and reply tomorrow.

I saw you at the back of my eye while talking to my brother
I didn't hear you or see you before or after
The reason I phased was to display to you that I'm not paying attention and that I'm not free to what ever you were doing
I didn't know you tried to arrest me, even though the arrest reason and RP title behind it weren't even valid to begin with
RP reason being "attempted to punch you" when I didn't even hit you or mean hit you nor did I show any other aggression
And job title being police trainee

I am sorry for not roleplaying with you when I wasn't able to.

That being said I'm gonna sleep now, goodnight I'll respond tomorrow /phone
Pages: 1 2