Limelight Forums

Full Version: Government Whitelist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are your thoughts about adding a government whitelist to the server?
Who will select the high ranked officials? Will it be biased? What about players which just want to roleplay as a officer for some time but need to make a whole application for being a police officer?

I'll just tag and as these two support the idea of a white-listed gov. very much.
I have been thinking of doing this for another person and I and another 2 chaps got quite far in the 2 days we did it.

However, LL isn't built for it

For its semi-serious role play nature, it will find it hard to do such as not many people will take it seriously.

So let's have a look at what needs to be done for a full whitelist.

A fully dedicated team,
Policies: Ranging from equipment, vehicles, response plans, discipline and loads more,
Divisions: Such as Traffic, SWAT, Patrol, SSA, Drugs and investigation,
Perma laws,

Could it happen? Yes, but it would take a long day for a team of 3 in two days,
Plan what to do,
Make policies,
Create divisions that we wanted,
And had a training program planned out.

Estimation of length? Weeks, Months.
Effort: High
Activity: High, as it is only easily done when you have everyone that plans to do it on and working on their section.

Would I put in the effort, I would. But, the amount of effort that everyone needs to put in, every day is a lot and can be stressful.
Would I recommend LL doing it, Hell yes?

However, the biggest question is:

Is there a team of 10 people that want to put the effort in? If so count me in.

[Image: eLLAFXn.png][Image: JUzYqc3.png]

(Sorry for the squashed images, I'm also not going to display what community it is from)
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:10 AM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Who will select the high ranked officials? Will it be biased? What about players which just want to roleplay as a officer for some time but need to make a whole application for being a police officer?

I'll just tag and as these two support the idea of a white-listed gov. very much.

There are 2 ways this goes:

The Cadet Job:

Who will select the high ranked officials? None. You stay as a cadet for 4 hours, then you have access to regular officer, then after 10 hours in that job you have access to Sgt.

Will it be biased? Impossible seeing as they're time requirements and don't involve player judgement.

What about players which just want to roleplay as a officer for some time but need to make a whole application for being a police officer? No applying for anything with this Cadet Job idea.

+ Easy to implement
+ Increases player interaction and helping others
+ Simple plan to learn how to play as a cop
- No formal CoC
- Minges can still get in by waiting
- Doesn't mean the PD will be any better.

The CoC Whitelisted PD Idea:

Who will select the high ranked officials? Staff will at first choose them. The Police Chief will be chosen first in a public poll on the forums and IG via the Poll Tab. From there, applications for leadership positions (Supervisors) will go through the Chief, and then finally a staff member liasion to give their input on the player being accepted.

Will it be biased? No, and the countermeasure of staff and the Chief of Police checking applications for leadership jobs avoids this. To just join as a cop, it would be similar to the Cadet Job idea. Pick a Cadet Job (Take a little quiz first), have a few hours riding along already sworn in officers, and from there you can apply to be promoted to a regular officer on the forums, or if there is a supervisor on at the time, you can ask to be approved IG to speed up the process (This will of course be checked by their superiors to see if the player deserved the officer position.)

[b]What about players which just want to roleplay as a officer for some time but need to make a whole application for being a police officer? [/b]Tough shit. We are giving you free guns and ways to ruin a player's time in a few simple commands. You ain't getting that power lightly. You won't have to put in an application unless you're trying to become a supervisor anyways. The other applications are there in case a supervisor isn't IG to approve you anyway.

+Leads to a controlled, structured PD
+Leadership is decently managed by others
+Allows us to possibly look into a dedicated Dispatch System (From a 3rd party website that hosts a free Dispatch Board)
+Officers are actually knowledgeable of how to be an officer
+Officers are "trained" in ride alongs, giving them time to know how to be a cop without being a dick
- Lengthy process
- Can discourage players
- Corruption leaves a bigger impact on the CoC

I'd be more willing to write up an actual plan for these two ideas if staff showed more interest in its implementation.
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:13 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been thinking of doing this for another person and I and another 2 chaps got quite far in the 2 days we did it.

However, LL isn't built for it

For its semi-serious role play nature, it will find it hard to do such as not many people will take it seriously.

So let's have a look at what needs to be done for a full whitelist.

A fully dedicated team,
Policies: Ranging from equipment, vehicles, response plans, discipline and loads more,
Divisions: Such as Traffic, SWAT, Patrol, SSA, Drugs and investigation,
Perma laws,

Could it happen? Yes, but it would take a long day for a team of 3 in two days,
Plan what to do,
Make policies,
Create divisions that we wanted,
And had a training program planned out.

Estimation of length? Weeks, Months.
Effort: High
Activity: High, as it is only easily done when you have everyone that plans to do it on and working on their section.

Would I put in the effort, I would. But, the amount of effort that everyone needs to put in, every day is a lot and can be stressful.
Would I recommend LL doing it, Hell yes?

However, the biggest question is:

Is there a team of 10 people that want to put the effort in? If so count me in.

[Image: eLLAFXn.png][Image: JUzYqc3.png]

(Sorry for the squashed images, I'm also not going to display what community it is from)

No divisions. There is no need for them and all it would do is over complicate things. Policies and procedures, maybe. It really all depends on finding the right balance.
Adding to @Gungranny 2nd opinion

Regarding corruption, well a whole IA department with heads of dept would be needed.

And the lengthy process, tough shit, it is a bit like real life right?
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:48 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:13 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

No divisions. There is no need for them and all it would do is over complicate things. Policies and procedures, maybe. It really all depends on finding the right balance.

True but certain divisions would be needed, i.e. IA, SWAT and Patrol.
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:49 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Adding to @Gungranny 2nd opinion

Regarding corruption, well a whole IA department with heads of dept would be needed.

And the lengthy process, tough shit, it is a bit like real life right?

Again, no need to go too complicated. It's already a lengthy process. All we would need is a Chief of the whole PD, and a staff liasion(s) to assist the Chief in applicant approval and helping with the actual running of the PD.
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:50 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:48 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:13 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

True but certain divisions would be needed, i.e. IA, SWAT and Patrol.

Yes, just those two because they're jobs we already have. We don't need anymore.
realistically a whitelist wont solve shit because the dickheads that go around random arresting (me) can easily apply and get it
(Dec 27, 2017, 02:10 AM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Who will select the high ranked officials? Will it be biased? What about players which just want to roleplay as a officer for some time but need to make a whole application for being a police officer?

I appreciate the tag. As there are multiple users here with experience in Law Enforcement or knowledge of Law Enforcement, it would be amazing to get them all within a team to work on this.

However, I DO heavily agree with with being more willing to sit down with other ''informed'' members and setting up a plan ONLY if staff shows more want and dedication towards wanting to make the government a whitelisted force.

In the mean time, these are a few links to posts I have made in the past (I have made more, but I can't seem to find them) regarding my view on whitelisting. I have been a part of communities (don't worry, only American ones) in the past that implemented whitelisting for government branches, along with studying and being active in Law Enforcement myself, so I do know my fair share of it. Though as stated before, I will not put any time into it if it's not going to happen anyways.

Post #1
Post #2
Post #3
Post #4

On top of that, I'd like to add that I still have a few documents on my computer regarding the training and evaluation of said ''cadets'' or recruits (later to be probationary officers or police trainees) as I'd like to call them. If this will get a green light, I wouldn't mind putting some time into organizing a structured force with the help of a few members from this community.
(Dec 27, 2017, 03:46 AM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]realistically a whitelist wont solve shit because the dickheads that go around random arresting (me) can easily apply and get it

Realisticly, a whitelist and a well-structured government force would mean internal affairs and supervisors within those units that would be actually capable of doing their job. This would probably also call for a proper correctional system with a legal system to the side of it to prevent such arrests in the first place.

However, whitelist or not, when I roleplay to be a supervisor (or have supervisors under me working as such), we do tend to respond to such calls involving unnecessary traffic stops, detainments, etc. So, if I am ever a supervisor and you have an issue with one of my officers; it won't hurt you to try and call me or one of my supervisors out to the scene.
(Dec 27, 2017, 03:51 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 03:46 AM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]realistically a whitelist wont solve shit because the dickheads that go around random arresting (me) can easily apply and get it

Realisticly, a whitelist and a well-structured government force would mean internal affairs and supervisors within those units that would be actually capable of doing their job. This would probably also call for a proper correctional system with a legal system to the side of it to prevent such arrests in the first place.

However, whitelist or not, when I roleplay to be a supervisor (or have supervisors under me working as such), we do tend to respond to such calls involving unnecessary traffic stops, detainments, etc. So, if I am ever a supervisor and you have an issue with one of my officers; it won't hurt you to try and call me or one of my supervisors out to the scene.

There is like, 3 people who are up to the standard you're describing. Most people come here to have fun, not to pretend to be a cop because they never made it through the academy

They would also be fairly easy to remove from the whitelist.
(Dec 27, 2017, 03:55 AM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 03:51 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

There is like, 3 people who are up to the standard you're describing. Most people come here to have fun, not to pretend to be a cop because they never made it through the academy

There are way more than '' like 3 people '' who are up to the standard to be whitelisted as a government worker. Though, it is normal to only have a select group of members fulfilling the spots of supervisors or instructors/FTOs because that is a spot you'd need some experience for.

Who says people that pretend to be a cop (or any role in that case, as I am sure you're not a chef, paramedic, firefighter, shop owner, etc. etc. in real life) aren't doing so to have fun?
Pages: 1 2