Limelight Forums

Full Version: What Career would you go for?jg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, college is approaching and I need to find out which one I want to do with the correct courses I want to do

I’ll give some backstory; 
My family genetics (Atleast my dads side, mums side is all about reproducing) is that we have a ‘fight till you die’ mindset. We all protect each other and I’m looking to go into a career where I put myself in danger to keep others safe. The main choices are either AFOs/SFOs or the Military. I’ve always had an interest in policing, even as a child and these are the two careers that look like an option in what I want to do. 

However, I’m looking for your opinion. Military or the Armed Response? Or if there are any other careers similar, name them. 

// Sent by iPhone
[Image: A0jnpvV.png]
I'd say do Military, I've had a few buddies join the military (some joining at 16 and some at 18) and they said it's not as bad as everyone thinks. But if you do Military don't join at 16 as I have heard that you only do the same stuff for two years until you're 18 anyways.

But in the end, it's down to you. What do you want to do, what aspires you to be who you are today or even in 20 years? Ask those questions to yourself, have a deep think and it will lead you to your true well-being.
Do not join the military at 16. My brother did it and claims it was the worst mistake of his life.
Do a degree and join as an officer if you want big bucks.
Do what you want. Don’t ask me.
(Dec 18, 2017, 02:07 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Do not join the military at 16. My brother did it and claims it was the worst mistake of his life.

A 2nd LT in the US Navy submarine force earns about 120,000$ a year, almost completely non-taxable.

Amen.

Ultimately, I'd say do something that makes you happy. College is a great time to explore your interests. if you're interested in police work, get a degree in Criminal Studies, or forego college all together and become a police officer.
Go College. Have a job. Join Police. Get Money. Get Laid (No by using the money). My plan anyway
I'm currently doing a 2-year law enforcement course at college. After this, I am able to be sworn in as a special enforcement officer at a organization in one of the six domains of law enforcement we've got here. 

If you're into policing, I'd definitely recommend it if there are any colleges nearby you that offer the same thing.
(Dec 18, 2017, 03:05 AM)Loaf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 18, 2017, 02:07 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Do not join the military at 16. My brother did it and claims it was the worst mistake of his life.

A 2nd LT in the US Navy submarine force earns about 120,000$ a year, almost completely non-taxable.

Amen.

Ultimately, I'd say do something that makes you happy. College is a great time to explore your interests. if you're interested in police work, get a degree in Criminal Studies, or forego college all together and become a police officer.

Your point? You can't join the British army as an officer until you have 18 and you need A-levels at a bare minimum, and you're only looking at £31,232 ($41,628.22) upon completing training.
Firefighter, pure motive with less risk of getting shot while having just as many (more) hero points
Going into these high-risk areas does come at a cost. If you're able to cope mentally and physically with the things you will have to deal with, then the police/military offer great opportunities to develop as a person.
I'm gonna tell you straight.  Don't go military unless you are a "roughneck."  I loved my time in, but when my time was up, I was tossed in the fucking trash.  A lot of vets end up that way.  I'll give you the pros and cons:

Pros: You end up with awesome new friends.  I'm kneeling front, center.

https://gyazo.com/762db331d2d03d2fc5b84653dc2809e7

Cons: You might end up with a few serious medical conditions that cannot be fixed from bad calls made by others.  Here is the truck I was riding in when mine started.

https://gyazo.com/73db0ebce31d7646ef891db475760a23

This isn't even bringing up how people treat you or when they accuse you of "stealing valor."

Do civil service, you won't end up like a used prom condom.

I didn't have the means to go to school and learn how to be better till after I went through hell to get it. There are aspects of my life that are forever changed, that forever effect my family. The indoctrination process will change you so much, that you'll be detached from "real life" for YEARS after you get out, trying to figure out why you can throat punch the pussy that is causing the problem. Trying to figure out why you can't engage someone on a "war" scale, when they threaten the life of you or your family. When cops show up, you'll be the one they are more concerned with, rather than the guy you straight fucked up for doing bad deeds.

If you CAN go to school, GO TO FUCKING SCHOOL. People like me didn't have that chance and we bled for you to have it. This applies to any country with an active military. Don't waste their sacrifice by jumping head first into the same grinder. Do something better.

Or living with survivors guilt. I nearly killed myself when I found out that my lil sister (East) was killed by my "brother" (Demar) over relationship issues.
https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/n.../97692692/

Or when my old senior medic killed himself. He was a far better man than I'll ever be.
https://www.slackfuneralhome.com/book-of...ituary.php

Or even when a "super" soldier (This guy was always 110% on point with everything) went missing (Someone you would know if he wasn't where he was supposed to be, within minutes, he was THAT noteable and outspoken) and was found unresponsive days later, in a coma, to which his ex-wife got to be the deciding factor on to pull the plug or not. She pulled the fucking plug too.

https://www.mcspaddenfh.com/obituary/3032407

I'm not saying serving isn't honorable, won't help you get your life on track for a time, won't help you make some money. I'm saying that there are aspects of that life that I would never wish on anyone who had the ability to actually do something with their life. When I enlisted, I was homeless and fighting neighborhood dogs for kibble. The Army saved my life. I'm just nearly cripple with some mental conditions that took most of the color and flavor out of it. It's taken me years to find reasons to keep going, but when I was "idling," It seemed that every time my life tried to go up, someone else died. If you can find a way to learn and make things right on home soil, your military will have a place to come back to, their families safe because of you (not all of our family is commonly on post).

If you are thinking about the military but not sure, it's probably not the right fit. I never had a problem fighting, living in shit conditions, having pretty much no personal possessions. I just had too much heart to start breaking the law to survive and wanted to at least try and do something good. Even the ones born with "the passion" for it, don't always make the cut, they just have better chances because they practice.

If after all of this, your dick got brick hard and "challenge accepted" came to mind. You should enlist, your country needs you to defend the fuck outta it.
(Dec 18, 2017, 03:05 AM)Loaf Wrote: [ -> ]

Amen.

This dude is straight blowin smoke up your ass.

Lemme debunk you man.

U.S. Navy doesn't have a 2LT position.

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/ranks/offi...-rank.html

O-6s with max year scale don't make 125k a year.

https://www.navy.com/joining/benefits/pay.html

Also, Navy base pay is always taxed unless you are in a "Hostile Fire" or "Hazardous Duty" zone or status, which the Navy isn't in as often as you'd think.  I think that applies when they go on cruise, but that's only for 3-6 months averagely with long down times and rotations to shore duty.  I come from a Navy family, I'm the black sheep "Leg."
Search for job careers that have a constant need:

Military, police, emergency services, hospital, government (politics or else) or something else

It is a hard decision to actually make yourself study something that might give you a job, but the job might vanish. All those listed on top, are possibly needed in the future for a long time and they will provide a stable job.

I was looking for military university, because it gives you a job after three years of study, you get university papers so you can actually apply for another job required of having university level of profession.
If you like the police and military you can do Military policing which is something im looking into at the moment.
Pages: 1 2