Limelight Forums

Full Version: Resignation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Community,

I’m sad to inform you guys that I’ll be stepping down from my position as a business advisor. I know most of you probably have no idea what the hell I even did. So I’ll try to sum up some of my tasks/efforts.

• [font=Arial]Contract writing[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Legal standing of the company[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Managing ToS and Privacy Laws[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Attempted to establish a direction for the company and community[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Liaison between multiple teams and people[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Just general trying to get our shit together as a whole[/font]

Mostly the last point was what I tried to work on. Before I rant, let me first start by saying I have the utmost respect for the team and what they do. They’re an incredible group of people, and have given a lot to contribute to Limelight.

So back to the meat of the situation and why I’m leaving for anyone wondering. I’m quite a future-thinker and a visionary. I think of Limelight as potential and ideas, where could we be, what could be the future in 6 months, how do we get there. And most importantly, how do we get the community on board with our change. I envision Limelight being a huge multi-game community, a place for discussion, banter, fun. I see attracting developers, making a stand-alone game. I see nothing but potential.

Unfortunately, there is no real leadership in Limelight. A business of this form requires substantial leadership and direction, seeing as we’re a virtual team split across many countries. Someone needs to drive the company, and ensure progress is being made. Due to the lack of this leadership, nothing has changed. From our origin until now, we have a slightly improved game-mode, about the same player-base, and a declining morale.  

A massive change would have to be enacted in order to enact a true leader for Limelight, frankly I don’t see this happening in this company (won’t get into details). It’s not a bad thing, it just means Limelight will probably be stagnant for the most part with no drastic change - perhaps this is the best route for the Limelight, and may be in the best interest of the staff team who are generally very busy people. Of course I could just sit back and help with little things. But I’m not really happy being a part of something where I’m uninvolved, I’d rather just leave and go invest that time into something where I can actually drive a strategic vision.

LL is cool, and can be a good opportunity, but it’s just not really what I’m looking for right now. There’s a lot of changes that need to be made in order to fulfill the potential, and I don’t think they’re gonna be made, so peaceeeeeee.
Preach it, brother.
Sad to read that after your speach yesterday. Have a good one and I hope you find a place where you can do all the things you want.
im sad today, but at least i know we'll still continue talking about stuff.

farewell legend who uses touchpad in fps games
Sad to see man.
Didn't have alot of interaction with you but I appreciate the work that you did for Limelight and goodluck for the future.
Goodbye , sad to see you leave.
Thank you for your work

Cya you around
basically hitler? "we need strong leadership!"

youll be missed bud
Farewell ma friend
Kinda having the same feeling as what Roxas said; didn't expect you to step down after that introduction and explanation you gave during the meeting. Good luck in your future though, as I am sure there are plenty of businesses that need that strategic vision you talk about.

Hope to see you around on the servers again at some point though.
Take care, Vauld!
RIP Vauld Sad
Shame to see you go Vauld take care with what you do in the future

Sent via Mobile
Only time i saw you was on the community meeting yesterday... your a cool guy from what i know and from what people have told me.

Good luck in all of your future endeavours my dude! keep it real!
(Dec 11, 2017, 10:50 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]farewell legend who uses touchpad in fps games

Wait what? Im glad hes gone!

jk perhaps u can join me otherwise, cya later alligator. I'm really lonely 
Pages: 1 2