Limelight Forums

Full Version: Add Cookingmod for the Chef
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail:  Add in a cooking mod to bring life back to the Chef

Link to one such mod: https://gmod.facepunch.com/f/gmodaddon/j...e-2-5-1/1/

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: In the present state, the Chef is a joke job.  He is invalidated by the fishing pole he sells, as everything you can catch with a pole far exceeds the food items sold by the chef.  A mod that allowed for the chef to actually have to cook to produce food would make him more active, and allow you to use some of those dozens of food props that currently have no purpose other than RP looks.  Also, in your own content packs I found the vegetable growing mod props, that are wasting away in there.  Could easily use the same script used for the weed for those, and associate them to props we already have.
+Support
Full +Support
+support
Update the models tho
+support but only if the models are changed, the UI for them is extensively changed to be realistic.

Note: do bare in mind that this addon isn't built for this gamemode and therefore might cause major issues, also they will more than likely need to re-write a majority of the code.
If thing play out like I suggest, the models can all be changed pretty easily by changing targeted prop lines. The UI, I have no idea how to tweak, but potentially it could be removed to a drop "placed" object on it, like the Doctor Lab does. I feel that UI's are a bit clumsy when it comes to the game.
I’m talking about the code structure itself, the addon is made for DarkRP not CityRP so a lot of code tweaks and refinements will have to be made.
+support for a cooking mod
-support for the one you linked, looks too darkRP'ish for me
Neutral.

Good idea itself but as it already got mentioned, it's not made for the game-mode plus the darkRP look.
(Dec 16, 2017, 08:58 PM)LilSnek Wrote: [ -> ]+support for a cooking mod
-support for the one you linked, looks too darkRP'ish for me
With a couple of bits changed regarding GUI menus that could work really well, and model changing is supposed to be easy

(Except I can't change bloody models, no matter what I do they just don't work)
Due to a high level of community support, this suggestion has been moved to the Popular section.

#type:[popular]
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.

However, to quote Faustie.
(Jan 8, 2018, 08:56 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]Very clunky system. We can do better, and make it simpler yet more satisfying to use.

It may not be this exact addon which is added.