Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove UV Lighting Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Remove the UV light's lighting effect.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Simply it glitched through walls and allows for metagaming. Even if an IC deduction is made to give the reasonable idea that it is visible, it's still not allowed to be "seen". So, why have it if it only allows players to break the rules and give others a raid reason?

Also, the sound wil be increased to balance out no lighting.
The effect in this case is very similar to if a weed pot grew to go past a wall, or its leaves grew past, or if a weapon poked through a wall, or even if someones spawned contra got stuck in the wall.

They are issues that can occur for ooc reasons, and should be fairly clear not to use them for IC actions.
But you can push a weed pot slightly to the side to avoid those. This light's visible distance is larger than others that have a similar problem, not to mention it's a light effect, not a model.

It would seem easier to just remove the lighting effect than to continue to have this problem.
+support
+support

Sure, contra and all that other shit are problems too. Why have another? It's tiring to hear cops go all like "this place is already suspcious, we already scheduled a raid long before you were here totally"
+support
+Support
I will only +Support this if:

The noise should be louder if in range then as a sense of balance. This is not to increase the current range but just to make the volume of the sound louder to counter for the issue of the UV light effect removal.
(Dec 4, 2017, 08:24 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]I will only +Support this if:

The noise should be louder if in range then as a sense of balance. This is not to increase the current range but just to make the volume of the sound louder to counter for the issue of the UV light effect removal.

I could get behind that.
+support

This^

As it`s clearly an Bug there is actually no need for any balance.
+Support

IF

It is visible around a window.

I was going to post a picture of a apartment building I saw while backago where there was Plants on a window under a UV Light acting like sun light.
+Support
-Support for the sound increase. It's already like a fucking plane turbine
+Support
Pages: 1 2