Limelight Forums

Full Version: Keeps crashing on LL only - Logs included
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi there.

Garry's mod keeps crashing - only on LL's rockford and also evocity.

It is usually just a CTD (crash to desktop), but it has mentioned memory in a couple of errors earlier, though I don't know if it was the same error.
This may happend several times a session.

I've got a feeling that this happens as I load more props in the proplists (the bigger ones lists) and I already have 40-50 props spawned, and it is really annoying mid-rp.

My speccs:
Code:
i7 2600k
24gb DDR3
GTX690
Temps running fine, disks are good, has happened on several OS's.

Before anyone mentions it, here's what I've done:
- I HAVE uninstalled and unsubbed from everything, even gone through with revouninstaller to be sure, SEVERAL times.

- This has happened on both Win8.1 AND 10.

- My drivers are fully updated and this has been going on for months.

- The errors leans me towards memory-issues and I have done memtest and tried with less and more memory.
Gmod is 32-bit afaik, but I have also tried assigning more via startup-commands.

I've got several crashlogs from gmod, and I'll post what I believe is relevant from gdump.
https://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/dumper.py..._37C0.mdmp

Code:
Exception

StreamType ExceptionStream
    RVA 1608
DirectoryData:
    ThreadId 2148
    __alignment 0
    MINIDUMP_EXCEPTION:
        ExceptionCode EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
        ExceptionFlags EXCEPTION_CONTINUABLE
        ExceptionRecord 0
        RelatedExceptionRecord None
        ExceptionAddress 260606772
        NumberParameters 2
        __unusedAlignment 0
    ThreadContext:
        DataSize 0
        RVA 0

Code:
Crash reason:  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_READ
Crash address: 0x0
Thank you for reporting this, because this happens to myself and my friends. !
Just to rule out any hardware based issues with your memory, mind going to grab a stress test utility (ie AIDA64 trial) and throwing down a memory stress test overnight when you can?
Hi there.

I have already done that with memtest, no errors.

Greets,
Kim

Quite a few players have this issue and are completely unable to even enter the server for the past months.
Believe it is a server-side issue with LL
My gmod crashes to desktop on the LL server almost once an hour. Its the only server I've played on where the problem happens this frequently. I've played on other versions of the rockford map without issue, even evocity v2p without issue.

I still think it has something to do with the overlapping lighting mods being used.

P.S. Could be the Atmos system.

Reasoning for these beliefs: Many servers use a day night cycle that doesn't involve this issue. The features that aren't as common on other servers that you use are the above listed. PERP uses one grade of lighting mod for the cars that doesn't seem to cause this issue. The lighting and weather mods found here aren't something I see very often. I end up getting "lag" delays periodically like they are happening on a server tick. I have my weather effects as min as I can figure out how to do.

Even though some of us run on weaker computers, you can see people disconnecting due to crash related reasons all the time. I fail to believe it's because everyone is running on a potato.
Send crashlogs to
This is one of the main killers that keep me off the server. If it didnt take me more then 4 tries just to get on, it wouldn't be an issue and I'd be active again.
It used to be fine, I'm guessing its the content thats overloading the majority of the clients?
(Nov 30, 2017, 01:06 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]My gmod crashes to desktop on the LL server almost once an hour.  Its the only server I've played on where the problem happens this frequently.  I've played on other versions of the rockford map without issue, even evocity v2p without issue.

I still think it has something to do with the overlapping lighting mods being used.

P.S.  Could be the Atmos system.

Reasoning for these beliefs: Many servers use a day night cycle that doesn't involve this issue.  The features that aren't as common on other servers that you use are the above listed.  PERP uses one grade of lighting mod for the cars that doesn't seem to cause this issue.  The lighting and weather mods found here aren't something I see very often.  I end up getting "lag" delays periodically like they are happening on a server tick.  I have my weather effects as min as I can figure out how to do.

Even though some of us run on weaker computers, you can see people disconnecting due to crash related reasons all the time.  I fail to believe it's because everyone is running on a potato.

I think you are right there, I have noticed a bugg sometimes with the time ingame and it's skipping nights and the time just get's stuck sometimes and then fly's fast forward. Hope we can try and disable this until it's resolved.
Personally I use simpleweather, it looks a lot nicer, has a clock, and is less intensive. Sure its paid but its 10x better then Atmos.

Only think with it is you'd have to reformat the commands to your admin system, which is pretty easy knowing how yours works.
Update: One of the to desktop crashes gave me a CMD Out of ram error. After googling, I found out that it has something to do with subscriptions and they recommended reducing them.

I removed 500 subs down to just under 700 and now I'm pulling 120 fps on the server.

Check your subs and look for old stuff for places you don't play anymore and unsub.

Not saying it'll fix everything, but in my case it definitely helped
(Dec 1, 2017, 08:48 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]Update: One of the to desktop crashes gave me a CMD Out of ram error.  After googling, I found out that it has something to do with subscriptions and they recommended reducing them.

I removed 500 subs down to just under 700 and now I'm pulling 120 fps on the server.

Check your subs and look for old stuff for places you don't play anymore and unsub.

Not saying it'll fix everything, but in my case it definitely helped

Having to many addons will make you crash. But this dosen't fix the server side problem that makes us all crash, thats something different.
I finally crashed. Took about 6 hours. That's a lot better than every hour. Dunno what caused it this time.
I only have 39 subscribed items from workshop (mainly just LL), so can't be too many subscribed items here.
I’ll try connect on both my computer and my laptop that I got yesterday (It’s got decent specs, so it ain’t a craptop).

If I time out on both, one with addons (computer) and one without (laptop), then it must be a serverside issue surely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6