Limelight Forums

Full Version: Increase Prop Limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion Type: [In-Game/Forums/Other] IG
Explain your suggestion, in detail: So, basically I wanna see our 1 REP = 10 props have no limit.
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: I'm gonna be straight with yall, there are two reasons I wanna see this happen.

1. It's unique to this GM. We are one of the few Gmod RP servers where freedom to build is an important part of someone's RP. Here, players pride themselves on their builds and usually see them as a necessity to their RP. If we can have responsible players have their uncapped amount of props (limited only by REP count), why not other than the occasional minge or two? Yes, lag is a problem with this idea, however staff members are vigilant enough to know when someone should not be putting down a large dupe compared to a small one. Not to mention players can also be this aware when just being around others. 

2. We encourage it already. We have staff members giving out prop extensions and the build server has a 300 Prop Limit. We already see players with these huge dupes using them responsibly. Why not allow it?

Allowing players to have their REP's give them props passed 90 will not only increase the amount of RP's we could see, but of better quality. We could see nicely decorated estates or proper large RP events, not requiring staff's permission. 

Again, this is a risky move prop wise, but I still believe with our mature community it can happen.

If you don't agree, please state why. Leaving "-Support" doesn't help anyone and hearing feedback on why you don't like this idea is paramount to fixing it or molding it to fit the community's opinion.
+Support
I would love to see this being implemented for multiple reasons, two of them being stated above. Another reason is that it actually rewards those who roleplay well and clearly they deserve to have a higher prop limit. This will give people the chance to make more detailed and advanced dupes and therefore increase roleplay depth and opportunities.

If you disagree with me, post a reason why don't just say -support.
+support
I personally +support this one, it is indeed truly annoying to see people with IDK; 500+ hours with 5+ REPs being stuck at 90 props and whilst sadly trying to paste a dupe he wasted hours on the build server on 300 props just to call an admin for a prop extension on a possible daily basis, but here's the typical "If we proceed to give people with 500-1000+ hours more props, it'll increase the lag in the server and bla bla [insert Air Traffic Controller radio chatter in here]" whine from someone in the comments would probably do no matter what the cause about it is. I would like to point out that; sure, this will get denied somehow, it should be given a chance to some volunteer testers on like the beta and/or event servers and then see if it goes well, pass it onto the live server.
-support i'd like to have atleast 10 fps
-support.
While I'd like to have this, the lag will simply be far too much to handle. We're experiencing instability as it is without adding a few hundred more props at any given time.

Pat

Hmmm, debating on this. +Support. (I want 270 props Wink)
-Support for the time being.
I think the issue of FPS within CityRP V2 would need to be fully addressed and improved if it was going to manage more props.

"More props you say, no one said anything about everyone having massive dupes all at the same time."

If that ability is there people will use it. For example big dupes we have seen such as Fumuku Prison does impact the server and personally I'd like to see the gamemode sorted to be able to handle such large dupes and multiple of them at the same time.

Now however if FPS wasnt an issue and was sorted I'd gladly +Support this.
Maybe a higher limit but not unlimited, I don’t want people with access to 200props that will just make the lag unbareable
Personally, until the gamemode is more optimized, I don't believe the staff would ever want to make this a thing until it has been improved and updated.
+support

Yet I don't think it will be happening soon due to how unoptimized the gm is
Props have a minimal effect on FPS and Server Performance.

+support.
(Nov 5, 2017, 05:54 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Props have a minimal effect on FPS and Server Performance.

+support.

PROOF LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
(Nov 5, 2017, 05:54 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Props have a minimal effect on FPS and Server Performance.

+support.

Thank you, the only person who actually understands. The constraints are the FPS droppers, the props are barely causing a change.
Pages: 1 2